Photo

Changes To Campaigns And Epic Battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Sweden beats Pakistan, I liked that exemple.

Die Swede

• Misho likes this

#22 GeniousL

GeniousL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

If d4 battle turns epic ,can a d3 battle also turn epic ,or it will be only for 1 div ?

#23 Jeppe83

Jeppe83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

The "Cold war, full scale war and epic war" meter does not work for me. It works in old battle page, but not on the new.  On the new battle page I can only see the words "Cold war, full scale war, epic war", but there is no meter and no possible way to see where in the battle it is.

#24 dDejan

dDejan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Excellent!!!

You've found yet another way to motivate the D4 MasterCard players to use their money to play the game "a bit more strategically"

/sarcasm

• Jaroslav Kolesnik likes this

#25 BlackStormChR

BlackStormChR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

LoL. Very Good.

#26 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

So now, on average, battles will last longer.

The only thing I like about this is double PP for Epic Warfare. Makes it easier for me to get 2,500 PP for the extra 5 Energy Bars. Or even reaching 500 PP quicker for +20 health.

#27 CFovetS

CFovetS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

So now, on average, battles will last longer.

The only thing I like about this is double PP for Epic Warfare. Makes it easier for me to get 2,500 PP for the extra 5 Energy Bars. Or even reaching 500 PP quicker for +20 health.

no battles are going to be epic for a while. they set it too high.

#28 Cry of the Banshee

Cry of the Banshee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

another update to put into the garbage.

you're really amazing.

#29 Jaroslav Kolesnik

Jaroslav Kolesnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

83-->94 & Cold War

Update that brought nothing to the game except irritation.

#30 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

no battles are going to be epic for a while. they set it too high.

This is why the formula is secret. They can adjust it to their needs.

Posted Image

#31 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

ECONOMY FIXED! B)

:rolleyes:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#32 CFovetS

CFovetS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Now that this change has been in effect for a few days, in my opinion d4 has way too much impact on the campaign scores now. the only way i can see this being fixed is to make all divisions epic if any 1 division passes the epic damage total. Or to set an overall damage total across all divs to make a battle epic. Its impossible to control each division separately. Just because a few people in division 4 decide to go full retard doesn't mean it should be worth more than 3x as much as d3 (if it doesn't go epic also). Basically if lower division players see that d4 is epic in a battle right now they should just stop fighting, because they are just wasting resources.

Edited by CFovetS, 15 January 2015 - 03:59 PM.

• Alex.L likes this

#33 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

Example 2
Denmark and Norway are tied 92-92 and Divisions 3 and 4 are still fighting. Divisions 1 and 2 were earlier won by Norway. Battles on Division 3 and 4 finish on the same minute; Division 3 is won by Denmark and Division 4 is won by Norway.
The result: Denmark wins the whole Campaign (despite losing the overall points 95-97) because Division 3 is lower than Division 4.

Only a suggestion, then: Please don't count the result in D4 (or the superior divisions, if counted). The people will be outraged whatever they see they made more points but lose the campaign.

In the example quoted, let's you only say Denmark win the campaign 95-92 and null the campaign points in D4. ;)

Edited by Demonaire, 15 January 2015 - 04:47 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#34 CornelB

CornelB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

meh

#35 Twoo

Twoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

Now that this change has been in effect for a few days, in my opinion d4 has way too much impact on the campaign scores now. the only way i can see this being fixed is to make all divisions epic if any 1 division passes the epic damage total. Or to set an overall damage total across all divs to make a battle epic. Its impossible to control each division separately. Just because a few people in division 4 decide to go full retard doesn't mean it should be worth more than 3x as much as d3 (if it doesn't go epic also). Basically if lower division players see that d4 is epic in a battle right now they should just stop fighting, because they are just wasting resources.

But... you can't see what happens on other division. So you don't know when D4 is epic or not if you are from other Divs.

#36 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

But... you can't see what happens on other division. So you don't know when D4 is epic or not if you are from other Divs.

Yes you can. On the battlefield just below the timer / campaign details. All epic divisions are marked there.

Posted Image

#37 goraz

goraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

i saw many battle that become epic in d1 and d2 but nothing in d4 so dont say this update is in favor of div 4

this update is well balanced so just say something nice, it wont kill u say thank u(i mean all the player that nagging recent update) .

• tommot likes this

#38 Petsku

Petsku

Baby Finn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

It's been a few days since the change. Here is the amount of Epic Battles we've had so far:

Division 1: 75
Division 2: 57
Division 3: 27
Division 4: 61
  • goraz likes this

Well done is better than well said.

-Benjamin Franklin

#39 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

It's been a few days since the change. Here is the amount of Epic Battles we've had so far:

Division 1: 75
Division 2: 57
Division 3: 27
Division 4: 61

I'm going to explain later, but it seems like an excellent update. However, my only worry is about how the epic battle status can influence the player's decisions respecting other battles. Give double prestige points is disproportionate for the goal of people fighting for their allies.

Edited by Demonaire, 16 January 2015 - 02:29 PM.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#40 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

It would be nice to award double Prestige Points retrospectively to everybody who had fought in a battle before it became epic. It's thanks to those guys we have epic battles, after all.

• Alex.L likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users