#1 TomislavRexCroatorum

TomislavRexCroatorum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

Intro:

You know what is the biggest problem of erepublik? Probably how to keep new players in game. If one wants to do something in lower divisions one must play game for few years "without playing" (without fighting). I think erep is the only game where new players should not "play the game", but wait for years before fighting. Current division system is flawed, and we should think how to change it. Idea that I am offering is probably good solution, since it would not affect stronger players very much, and new players will have reason to fight, to spend food and wep, to increase demand for these goods. This idea of mine probably occured to many people, but I took some time to think about division system, and I concluded that it is probably best solution. 

Idea:

Divisions by influence! I have seen that lot of players want divisions by strenght, I think divisions by influence is better.

Why? Well if strenght threshold are set, many players would reach certain strenght, and simply not train any more. These players could fight daily and remain in one division till the end of time (or end of erepublik at least).

Influence is function of strenght and rank

For people with low rank influence can grow significantly in short period of time, due to increase in rank. We know that rank do not increase linearly, and strenght does (if you gain same amount of strenght every day). Once you reach high rank, you will need to do a lot of fighting to increase your rank! 

Strong players who have great strenght and rank will stay in 4. division, and they would not be affected much by this change.

Lets say, for example that when you reach 70000 damage per hit with with q7 wep, you enter division 4. So new player (who is about 110k strenght behind the strongest player in terms of strenght),  would have to train and fight a lot to reach that threshold, he could spend a lot of time in every lower division, but most important of all, he/she would fight in battles from day one. In certain points of his/her elife, our "new player" would be among the strongest in his/her division, but since fighting  increases rank, that player colud not stay in top of certain lower division forever. Ranks could also be altered a bit, to ensure better progress, but that is not main problem here. 

How to set thresholds?

Well I guess erep team could set them so every division is about equally populated. These tresholds could be changed a bit from time to time, but it would probably be wise not to do that too often.

Impact on the game:

This new division system would stimulate new players to fight every day, it would increase demand for food and weapons. Production of weapons and food would probably increase too since lower division players would invest into companies (no more fear of xp growth). Since new players are poor, they will not be able to invest too much in production, yet they would need food and wep daily. For d4 megatanks things would be pretty much the same. New players could become influential in lower divisions in not too long period of time, but they would also not be able to stay in each division forever.

Conclusion:

Divisions by influence > divisions by strenght > divisions by xp

Im quite sure I am not first to whom this idea occured, but we should all think more about possible divisions changes, since most of new players are not willing to train for a year or two before they "start to play". I am lvl 24 and I have about 36k strenght, yet I would gladly accept new division system by influence (or in worse case, by strenght).

Divisions by influence is not flaweless, but I am sure it is much better system than divisions by xp.

My English is rusty, I am sorry for possible mistakes.

I hope people from erepublik team would at least see this, and think a bit about this idea. I have feeling they dont care too much about these suggestions, but still I am optimist :).

Edited by TomislavRexCroatorum, 14 January 2015 - 12:25 AM.

• Mr. Indigo, Zordacz, senadtm87 and 3 others like this

#2 Frank5611

Frank5611

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

Signed

#3 4RN0

4RN0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

+1

#4 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

+1

#5 Dr Hugh Jardon

Dr Hugh Jardon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

+1

anigif_zpsvm2jwkkd.gif

#6 SeggyxX

SeggyxX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

+1

#7 Spye Die Nigth

Spye Die Nigth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

+1 Good idea

#8 AndreasIsaksson

AndreasIsaksson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAdmingraveyard

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

Signed! This is one of the best ideas I ever have seen about the divisions!!

#9 Fosite

Fosite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Sounds solid

#10 Trannsvaal

Trannsvaal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

At first I thought you were talking about the cumulative of influence. Like, if you have done a certain total amount you get promoted to the next division. That would make decent participation for the weak possible and will rapidly promote strong players which seems like a great idea. (Pretty much the same as the rank system)

Then I saw your example and it seems you are just talking about your hit. That has the very same effect as divisions as strength, just calculate to what amount of str. you have to train that will only promote you with a rank that seems impossible to grasp in the next couple of years and you are home free. The increase of influence by ranking up has to be heavily tweaked to make that a hurdle for the players.

#11 AndreasIsaksson

AndreasIsaksson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAdmingraveyard

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

No Trannsvaal, its not the same as divisions with strenght. With strenght you can stop training, but combined with rank you have to stop fighting, and thats not what you want...

#12 TomislavRexCroatorum

TomislavRexCroatorum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

At first I thought you were talking about the cumulative of influence. Like, if you have done a certain total amount you get promoted to the next division. That would make decent participation for the weak possible and will rapidly promote strong players which seems like a great idea. (Pretty much the same as the rank system)

Then I saw your example and it seems you are just talking about your hit. That has the very same effect as divisions as strength, just calculate to what amount of str. you have to train that will only promote you with a rank that seems impossible to grasp in the next couple of years and you are home free. The increase of influence by ranking up has to be heavily tweaked to make that a hurdle for the players.

That is a good point. Problem with current ranks and this division system is that players with really high ranks and low strenght could have high influence in certain low division, yet they could fight a lot, and not reach next division (if they stop training). But still, for lower strenght players it is hard to reach "big ranks". If they want to stay in lower division they should not position themselves really close to the threshold, because next rank would probably increase their hit enough to reach new division. In divisions by strenght, one could be 0.01 strenght below threshold forever.

As I said: "Ranks could also be altered a bit, to ensure better progress."

There should be more ranks in my opinion, with less separation between adjacent ranks, and highest ranks should be really hard to reach.

Another solution is to have influence as a function of strenght and rank points (not rank, but rank points). 

Influence would depend linearly on strenght, and nonlinearly on rank points. 

Edited by TomislavRexCroatorum, 20 January 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#13 StefX3

StefX3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

+1

#14 Gixeska

Gixeska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

+1

#15 Ayawaskazade Efendi

Ayawaskazade Efendi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

signed

#16 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

good thinking this would be better than strength divisinos

#17 Ayawaskazade Efendi

Ayawaskazade Efendi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

++++++

#18 Gixeska

Gixeska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

signed

#19 Kami Neko

Kami Neko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

+1

#20 yunusemreyilmaz93

yunusemreyilmaz93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

+1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new divisions, divisions, division system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users