•     

Photo

Plato Gives Spam Warnings For Pming My Political Party?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

I understand that spam is against the ToS.

However, I would like to understand, from Admin perspective, how it could possibly be considered "spam" if I am a Party President and I am sending a Personal Message to every Party member concerning Party business???

One of the other Political Parties in eUSA has a few "visitors" in my party and they reported me for Spam.

But is it "spam" if I am sending information about Political Party activity JUST to the members of my Political Party?

I am pretty pissed off about being warned by Plato in this case. Do you want to chase away the people WHO ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING THE DAMNED GAME???

If I do not get some kind of explanation from Admin about how PMing my Political Party AS THE PARTY PRESIDENT is SPAM, I may simply retire from the game, since it will seem like Admin is making it IMPOSSIBLE to actually PLAY the game.

• Saiwun, Al Punk, BOUD1CCA and 2 others like this

#2 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

Maybe the US mods don't like you. When I was politicaly active, I used to send hundreds of PMs to my party fellows 3 times a month and never got a single FP.

#3 Didei

Didei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

You will not get any explanation, Plato's game - Plato's rules

• Saiwun and Cika Nikola96 like this

#4 Black Baroness

Black Baroness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

lol other parties maybe don't like yours Gnil :) stupid people are stupid... you cannot change them. But welcome to the club of FP collectors :D ^.^

got 2 for vulgarity xD

Hail Plato o/

• Cika Nikola96 likes this

#5 Hostilian

Hostilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

Ridiculous. Every (top) party sends out messages at least three times a month. If you don't want to get those messages, you don't have to be in one.

#6 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

I don't have a problem with playing by the rules. My problem is understanding how what I did constitutes SPAM???

I ONLY PM'd my Party members.

It was ENTIRELY Party business.

It was even INGAME Party business.

So I don't get how it is defined as SPAM.

#7 Ivan je Car 2

Ivan je Car 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

That is Plato's logic,you can't go against it :D

Ivek 

#8 Malpazar

Malpazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

As one of the people PM'd it wasn't even spam like, it was actually helping new players get into the game, and help them.

Broken system.

#9 RsAD

RsAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

As one of the people PM'd it wasn't even spam like, it was actually helping new players get into the game, and help them.

Broken system.

yep, same here. If i dont like the msg i just ignore it so the people who reported as spam are ass

#10 Malarkey83

Malarkey83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

This would require erep admins actually attempting to give a shit about this game.  It seems they would rather milk a dying cow of all it can milk.

• Internetus Internetian likes this

#11 Kortanul

Kortanul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

The sad part is just who collected the FP here. Remember when it was theorized that gold-buying helped get you more reasonable service and keep you a tad safe? Apparently even money isn't an incentive to switch on the lights for eRep's mods anymore. Message was in no way spam, and was definitely party business, sent by our elected leader. I thought activity was good for the game, but apparently not. No wonder everything good happens offsite.

#12 Internetus Internetian

Internetus Internetian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSomalia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

And this is why this game is about dead...

DeafulBanner_Flag-65w5fejz16umze7jbqmexw

#13 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

Still no word from Admin either here or via ticket.

#14 Malarkey83

Malarkey83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

An excellent showing by the dedicated admin team.  Their swift response to fixing the problems of this game are why I keep coming back...

#15 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

So in my ticket to Admin about this, I simply asked them for a definition of Spam.

According to their system, my ticket is labeled as "Critical".

No answer yet after 3+ days since my ticket and this thread.

-----

According to the internet,

VVn5H2k.png

So using that definition of Spam, I would have to be either "indiscriminate", "inappropriate", or "irrelevant", or "a canned meat product made mainly from ham."

Let's take them one at a time:

Was I indiscriminate when I sent a Personal Message to my Party members?

vR08jgv.png

No. By selecting ONLY members of my Political Party - the one which I was elected as President to lead, I definitely showed discrimination, forethought, and careful planning. I was neither "random" nor "careless in my judgment".

Was I inappropriate when I sent a Personal Message to my Party members?

39YEJeR.png

No. The content of my message was to organize our Party members to help one another out in commenting on certain Newspaper publications, particularly ones published by newer citizens looking to gain their Junior Journalist mission accomplishment. My language was clean, my grammar was sound, and my message was upbeat and positive. It was absolutely "suitable" and "proper" "in the circumstances".

Was I irrelevant when I sent a Personal Message to my Party members?

igZNU8O.png

No. I am the duly elected President of a top 5 Political Party in eRepublik. The game mechanics present me with the responsibility to foster the growth and success of my Party. The pursuit of those goals is intricately connected with the eRepublik game mechanics, and my Personal Message, in fact, resulted in a great victory for our Party members, many of whom participated. My message was particularly "connected" to my role as Party leader in eRepublik.

So I again ask the Administrators of this game who are beginning to piss me off by warning me about Spam and then refusing to answer a SIMPLE REQUEST TO DEFINE SPAM...

What in the h311 is Spam???

At this point in time, I can only assume I must be a canned meat product made mainly from ham. Last I checked, canned meat is incapable of spending money on browser games.

#16 Code-Y

Code-Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Was probably a newb mod that gave you that FP. Believe it or not, mods can't see how much gold you bought, only admins can.

#17 The Mike

The Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Was probably a newb mod that gave you that FP. Believe it or not, mods can't see how much gold you bought, only admins can.

Has to be hell of a newb not to know Gnilraps lol

#18 Dillan Stone

Dillan Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

I have no idea about the message itself.  I don't think it's inappropriate for a Party President to PM his membership, however, as long as the message is related to the game or the party.

However, I think instead of reporting for spam, there should be a lesser reaction for people who, for whatever reason, don't want to hear it.  An ignore button that blocks that person from sending you any more PMs.  It would be incredibly useful against certain types of article vote-beggers or election-time "direct appeals to all voters."  And someone who is ignored by massive numbers of people would be a good sign about who's an annoying spammer who deserves further scrutiny, and who isn't. 

There should also be a one-click way for a Party President to send a message to his entire party, a Country President to do it to all citizens of his country, and an MU Commander to do it to all his troops, perhaps limited to twice a month.  If the message is legit (related to the game) then no problems - if it's illegit (not related to the game) then the FPs roll in.   And that should be the standard - "related to the game" - for those articles.  Non-leaders don't get that privilege - they get scrutinized even if their messages are "related" to the game, if they're getting lots of people ignoring them for spam.  

#19 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

There should also be a one-click way for a Party President to send a message to his entire party, a Country President to do it to all citizens of his country, and an MU Commander to do it to all his troops, perhaps limited to twice a month.  If the message is legit (related to the game) then no problems - if it's illegit (not related to the game) then the FPs roll in.   And that should be the standard - "related to the game" - for those articles.  Non-leaders don't get that privilege - they get scrutinized even if their messages are "related" to the game, if they're getting lots of people ignoring them for spam.  

This.

#20 Flaco Jimenez

Flaco Jimenez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Have you tried using livestock as a bribe? 

1029831-1.png

To a kid lookin' up to me , Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. 

Warrior/Poet: Ice Cube. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users