346 replies to this topic

#21 Shayco122

Shayco122

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

I think that  200,000 currency is to much and i also think that you could start a Military Coup if you have all your core´s.

EDIT:

And only the ppl of the country where the civil war is happening can fight in the war and become dictator.

Edited by Shayco122, 03 April 2015 - 05:43 PM.

• Norsk_gr likes this

#22 Gixeska

Gixeska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

CS-limitation for Military Coup and Revolution.

• Norsk_gr, Edith, Stileth and 2 others like this

#23 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

So actually now the medals cost 200.000 cc?

Niiiiiiiice.

I'll wait till you have a promotion of 45% off.

• Saiwun, MaZzA, smee again and 2 others like this

Posted Image

#24 vickman

vickman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

CS-limitation for Military Coup and Revolution

• Norsk_gr and Shayco122 like this

#25 Matahari

Matahari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

can we put CO in the coup war ?

can foreign MU put CO in coup war ?

if someone join MU or change cs after coup war started does his damage counted or not ?

i have lot of question , but for now please answer this.

#26 Alex.L

Alex.L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

In order to fight for the revolution you only need to join MU that supports it, and you can do it regardless of your citizenship as anyone can join any (open) MU in the world.

But to fight against the revolution (or for democracy, as you said) you need to be citizen of that particular country.

So, on the average, more people can fight for dictatorship (in any random country) than for the democracy (in a particular country).

Think about the message you're sending with this. It is actually encouraging PTOs (and somewhat make it even easier than ever, only with cost of at least 200k currency) in every country. Even organisations can be affected so you're also promoting (potential) robbery of state funds.

Good job...

I understand that you want people to fight (even) more but you're doing it wrong. This can destroy communities, years of hard work and can be the last nail in the coffin of this game.

Idea is good but realisation is bad... eRepublik in a nutshell since 2010.

• Sljivo, ImmortalChe, Van Sebe and 1 other like this

#27 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

- Fighting in Military Coup campaigns or Revolutions will give you 10% more Rank Points.

One question...

If I have the war stash pack, I will have +20% on rank points ?

• smee again likes this

210402-1.png

#28 GrindingTruning

GrindingTruning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

"Changes to location, citizenship or Military Unit of the players can be done during the Military Coup campaign. In other words, players are free to leave and join Military Units as they wish, or even change their citizenships, in order to fight on the side they want."

Does it mean that during the war, in Serbia for instance, all of people in Erep can become Serbian if we want?

#29 all-x

all-x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

From what i read , if we use USA as an example, only need 1 PTOer with MU & money to start the coup, when Coup war start , people from all countries that's enemy of usa can join that MU and fight against USA, if they win, the Dictator can give 50% CS to other PTOer before revolution retaliate. they only need to repeate this until they have enough people to win congress election.

if big countries can fall this easy with this module , small countries will fall quickly

• TheJuliusCaesar, navincharles and ultimatewinner like this

#30 ImmortalChe

ImmortalChe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

So as i understand every citizen of erepublik got posibility to join MU or to create his own instead. Is this rule is only for native first born citizens of that country or for those who gain they CS by the congresmen aprooval to? What i mean is anibody can create MU in any country with just aproved CS and start the Dictatorship?

Edited by ImmortalChe, 24 February 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#31 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Yet another deadly shoot to the few communities still surviving in this game... Now the big MU, and the Visa mammoths will be the only ones to play.
  • grangiuseppe, ultimatewinner and Van Sebe like this

#32 muun4o

muun4o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

" - Attacking side: Supporters of the Military Coup (all members of the Military Units which supported the coup during the 3 hour support period)
- Defending side: Supporters of the current government and democracy (civilians with the citizenship of the country, and members of the Military Units which didn’t support the coup in the 3 hour support period) "
Anyone that joins MU not supporting the coup can fight. So it should be OK. New MUs will probably be defenders.

So no need to PTO countries. Coup has come. Nice :)

#33 amiwrong

amiwrong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Nice legalization of robbery .. 

#34 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

Really really bad.

I know that this idea came tou your mind and you said Oh it is gonna be a big change bla bla. But it fundamentaly WRONG, in practice it will destroy the game and will unbalance the little set of things in the game that are still at some balance.

In case you insist on that change, then you should reconsinder everything need to be done to be more realistic and ofcourse the game should be balanced first.

(Take example of real life, but then for instance the congress should be able to take money from MUs. Now this is just unfair..). 

What I did not really like is that you did not do anything to balance the game and improve the experience.You propose something radical WITHOUT asking anyone. And finally it is not lets say a "trial" but a permanet feature.

I am seriously considering of leaving the game.

• ultimatewinner likes this

#35 Unohana no Sakuya Hime

Unohana no Sakuya Hime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

This module can be good.

However NEED ONE CHANGE:

Only players with that country CS allowed to fight,so foreign MU or players cannot support dictatorship ....

Otherwise any country can be taken over

#36 Iluvatardd

Iluvatardd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

Fantastic update!

Adds many opportunities for future military campaigns.

There are many questions still to be answered:

If there is military coup in country x, do i need citizenship of country x to join military coup for dictators side or i just need to join supporting MU?

Is it possible to have 2 military coup campaigns in the same countries at the same time from 2 different potential dictators?

Can there be 2 revolution battles in same country as well?

Will there be any notice for citizens, president, military unit members or MU leaders that millitary coup is started?

Will there be any notification on war page for dictatorship wars?

#37 Sever Vetrovnik

Sever Vetrovnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

I find this update to be out of the box and creative. However, if a dictator candidate doesn't win, he should be punished somehow. Maybe there should be a possibility for Congress to pass an Antiterrorist law where a citizen who failed to become a dictator would be punished somehow: by being taken away citizenship of the country, or banned to get one in another 2 months, or fined with gold etc, having his account nationalized for 10 days or something like that. 

For example, a dictator and MU commanders that supported him could be nationalized for certain amount of time if Congress accepts the law. That means that their account would be in the control of the President, just like the orgs, or money on MUs taken away directly to national treasure. There's a lot of options. :)

Maybe the punishment could be fixed by admins, and not determined by the defended Congress. 

Edited by Sever Vetrovnik, 24 February 2015 - 05:19 PM.

• Dante Ross, ultimatewinner, Sljivo and 2 others like this

#38 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

Wont this lead to:

One big MU takes over a small country and rob the state gold. That MU grows in strengt and moves on to rob next country and then rinse repeat until the game is ruled by a few mega strong MU's leaving countries in ashes. The conqured gold will go to the leaders of the MU's who will be able to tank 24/7/365 if they like leaving all other players behind without even looking at their VISA or MasterCards making eRepLabs losing income.

So this is how it ends?

• hixaren2, ultimatewinner, Van Sebe and 2 others like this

#39 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

I got to agree with pretty much all of the responses above.

This change destroys community play and give all game power to private groups(mostly under the wing of MU's).

Building a community in a country is now pointless with this change as every time it is used a large portion of the established community will disappear(why stick around in a community that can't do anything).

It would have worked if it was only temporary moment in which this could be done(put limitations on the ability to do this).

but now...

...Not a good idea.

• wschwabe likes this

35 times Congress member

1° time Country President
former Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party  and the All TOgethers party 
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012

The BoDi award for media - day 2813 - 3 August 2015
former Immigration Officer
former Minister of Foreign Affairs
former Secretary of Media & FUN 

former Minister of Home Affairs 
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until(still appointed)

For more info, look at my wikipage

#40 DangleMK

DangleMK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

My reaction....

no-god-please-no-o.gif

Edited by DangleMK, 24 February 2015 - 06:18 PM.

• Miles132 and gthreepwood like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users