• This topic is locked This topic is locked
346 replies to this topic

#61 Marcus Nerva Traianus

Marcus Nerva Traianus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Idiotic change!!! Again change for VISA players!!

• wschwabe, Dillan Stone and Ankesenamen Ra like this

#62 Pedrito de Portugal

Pedrito de Portugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

I admit that some rules can be change to provide more fairness to players/communities, but let me tell you, this could be fun. This is a game and we should have fun with him. Do you want the boredom that the game actualy have? :/

Edited by Pedrito de Portugal, 24 February 2015 - 09:55 PM.

• G.W.JUNIOR and Shayco122 like this

#63 clawy

clawy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

If this goes online like this tomorrow, several big countries will be taken over. There is already announced takeovers in Serbia, Greece, I expect there will be a lot more.

Small countries with big money in the bank like Austria are also attacked already (Gama is freeing Lower Austria as we speek).

I have seen many unthought changes since I play this game, but this is by far the worst.

• ronnyJnrJnr and Ankesenamen Ra like this

#64 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

[...]

Small countries with big money in the bank like Austria are also attacked already (Gama is freeing Lower Austria as we speek).

[...]

As far as I know, GAMA is a Greek MU and cannot directly take over the country via dictatorship.

ambassador.gif

#65 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

As far as I know, GAMA is a Greek MU and cannot directly take over the country via dictatorship.

How about they create or buy a military unit from another country and move all the members there? Easy for a TRUE military unit, like GAMA.

Posted Image

#66 Brian Cohen

Brian Cohen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

This is how it all ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper.

#67 Alarico Fontaine

Alarico Fontaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

Dear Plato, you forgot one thing:

You may allow Dictators to change the name of a country at their will, and that country will recover it's original name only when democracy is reinstalled.

#68 Ankesenamen Ra

Ankesenamen Ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

The worst update ever. There should be at least cs requrement to become dictator in desired country.

• wschwabe likes this

#69 Van Sebe

Van Sebe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

How about:

Only  citizens of that country with level 100+ can try to become dictators.

If they fail, they loose 10% of level/xp and 50% of their strength, Same apply if they are overthrown in revolution.

So, if they can robe a country, they should put something on the table... And if someone level 101 with 150k strength in D4 loose twice, he goes to 37.5k, but still is in D4...

• Pitcity, Jack Lantos and wschwabe like this

#70 Kalif Batan

Kalif Batan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

As CP of eNigeria, one of the smallest countries in this game, I must congratulate you on completely killing my hope, that we will ever get a decent community in my country!
Not only that every middle-sized MU with 200k CC (or 400k if we give ourselves a dictator like other countries will), can get a dictator in power in my country with this change. You also give him the CS to PTO our country in the usual way too!
We might have the money to start a revolution once, but not twice and we will not make the damage anyway to win that revolution!

We have absolutely no chance to win against a dictator in the long term, so people will get tired and leave, while he can bring more of his MU members in our country.

Congratulations once again! This might be the worst possible update for small countries that I could imagine when I heard about civil wars!
  • BaKaRaS, plasticola, wschwabe and 2 others like this

#71 Traves1

Traves1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

"During dictatorship, elections will be held normally." So you mean that dictators can be elected after the coup? Dosen't that ruin the whole point of absolute power and a dictatorship in the first place?, and can only Military Unit commanders be voted?

VISA players will take advantage of this and go all LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL REVOLUCION, without warning and destroy the long history of that eNation.

Other than that I love this update and I will go start a coup eventually in Serbia, Masquerading as an emperor of the Serbian Empire.

I also see the USA invading all the dictatorships and starting revolutions in dictatorships

Edited by Traves1, 25 February 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#72 Sever Vetrovnik

Sever Vetrovnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

Citizenship restrictions for a dictator should be stricter. There should also be a possibility to punish an overthrown dictator, by reducing his strength, or reducing the strength of all members of his MU and supporting MUs, or taking away MU's or his personal funds, or funds in the accounts of MU members...

I would recommend that in the battle dictator starts CO's are not allowed (because if we're fighting about democracy and tyranny, we're fighting for our beliefs, not for the money) and only players that have been citizens of the country for at least 3 months can take part in Revolution.

However, although this new feature seems creative, it comes with great risk. If a dictator ruins in a day what nations and individuals have been building for years, the great majority of players will be discouraged to do anything and will eventually leave the game because for them, it will become pointless. Why would I spend 2 hours a day playing eRepublik for months if someone can become a Dictator in a day and do what he likes. Even unsuccessful revolutions will take their part in further disintegration of communities because if a nation is under constant threat of being enslaved, or is going through a civil war every two weeks, who will have any desire to play the game and do anything nontrivial if nothing can be achieved due to permanent coups d'Etat?

• Ankesenamen Ra likes this

#73 Shayco122

Shayco122

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Idiotic change!!! Again change for VISA players!!

All the updates that i have seen was for the VISA players.

#74 Teddy beer eBe

Teddy beer eBe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

ER55zBR_700wa_0.gif

I really don't like this idea.

Please, cancel this update.

• Pitcity and Ankesenamen Ra like this

#75 BaKaRaS

BaKaRaS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

"One of the punishments when you devalues politics is that you end up being governed  by inferior people".

Plato 427-347 BC

(and not 480 BC as you wrote)

But the most important is that you don't seem to know that if you keep pushing free players out of your game then the spenders wont have someone to play with/against and they will stop playing also. 

A useless change that wont make the game more interesting. The only result will be the mess inside the e-communities which will bring you some money in short time but in long term will force more people to log out from the game.

You have extremelly bad advisors...

• Squatriota, wschwabe, Dillan Stone and 3 others like this

#76 G.W.JUNIOR

G.W.JUNIOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

The updates are good, only we need few changes about the citizenship and a limit time

after that will be perfect

Dictator and CP is the same thing, the more strong will win

CP need 51% of votes

Dictator 51% of the damage

ofc with citizenships rules

#77 Ze Alface

Ze Alface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

Plato things the way he can fix the economy is making players steal money from countries treasury accounts D

#78 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

Attacking side, Defending side.
----------------------
Could you do so that players can choose side on their own? it'd be more logical..

#79 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:56 AM

200,000 Currency is deducted at least twice,  that's too much.

#80 Pitcity

Pitcity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

New Achievements and Decorations not available for common players at all, very stupid..

--- conclusions:

These changes give no fan for common players, just for commanders of MU, who have more than 200k cc on the MU's account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users