•     

Photo

New Battlefield Page: Opponent's Weapon Quality?

battle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kevinwzh

kevinwzh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

In the new battlefield page, how do i tell what the quality of the weapon is that my current opponent is using?

I feel like the answer to this question is really obvious, but i'm just not seeing it.

#2 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Ok as far as I can see they made it so you cant see  This game is pretty daft about updates  they probably thought no info would be better than the time it would take to display this key info.

mh4l.png

#3 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

You can't but even if you could, it wouldn't matter. Since the damage accelerator update, even if you use the old battle page to check the opponent's stats, the final result (energy spent) will have nothing to do with those stats. It's random now.

#4 kevinwzh

kevinwzh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

You can't but even if you could, it wouldn't matter. Since the damage accelerator update, even if you use the old battle page to check the opponent's stats, the final result (energy spent) will have nothing to do with those stats. It's random now.

Oh? Really? I used to use Q6/7 weapons only when fighting opponents who were themselves using Q6/7 weapons, and for opponents using Q1-5 weapons i'd just use Q1. Because i manufacture plenty of Q1 myself, so i don't mind using them up quickly, but don't want to have to pay for Q6 weapons if i can avoid it. And i found that that did make a difference, in terms of energy spent. Or am i being silly and missing something?

#5 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

bare handed fighting is what you would be missing.  no longer need to use weps at all. for months i didnt

mh4l.png

#6 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

Oh? Really? I used to use Q6/7 weapons only when fighting opponents who were themselves using Q6/7 weapons, and for opponents using Q1-5 weapons i'd just use Q1. Because i manufacture plenty of Q1 myself, so i don't mind using them up quickly, but don't want to have to pay for Q6 weapons if i can avoid it. And i found that that did make a difference, in terms of energy spent. Or am i being silly and missing something?

There was a formula, with which you could calculate (or rather estimate) the energy you'd need to defeat a particular opponent, based on their stats:

http://wiki.erepubli...litary_formulas

The support keeps claiming 'nothing has changed' in their automated replies regarding the issue.

Yes, using a better weapon still does make a difference. The better weapon, the less energy you need.

bare handed fighting is what you would be missing.  no longer need to use weps at all. for months i didnt

The catch in fighting barehanded is that once in a while you run into a kill that uses your whole health bar or more.

#7 Yarpen

Yarpen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

The catch in fighting barehanded is that once in a while you run into a kill that uses your whole health bar or more.

Confirmed :( I tried to qucikly get some "prestige points" in the epic battle that was about to finish - I've chosen barehanded - and lost 300hp or something - still not killing the opponent

That leads to another question:

What is the algorithm for drawing (randomly? choosing) an opponent?
In the past opponents were from the range of +/-199 strenght comparing to mine (ex 65350 -> 65201 - 65499)

Today I am fighting with this guy:

http://www.erepublik...profile/5010245

D4, Titan, str 89,308.63

while i am

http://www.erepublik...profile/1957577

D4, Titan*, 87,705.39

This IS realy crazy and annoying...

55087ccb43356.png

Edited by Yarpen, 17 March 2015 - 07:18 PM.

#8 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Confirmed :( I tried to qucikly get some "prestige points" in the epic battle that was about to finish - I've chosen barehanded - and lost 300hp or something - still not killing the opponent

That leads to another question:

What is the algorithm for drawing (randomly? choosing) an opponent?
In the past opponents were from the range of +/-199 strenght comparing to mine (ex 65350 -> 65201 - 65499)

Today I am fighting with this guy:

http://www.erepublik...profile/5010245

D4, Titan, str 89,308.63

while i am

http://www.erepublik...profile/1957577

D4, Titan*, 87,705.39

This IS realy crazy and annoying...

55087ccb43356.png

you would find formula probably in the wiki about damage- see they say firepower x strenght

• Firepower: The weapon's firepower, multiplied by your strength, will determine how much damage you are able to deal.

mh4l.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users