• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 J.Canuck

J.Canuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Who knew domestic rivalry and petty politics were the driving force in most eRepublik communities?

I admit, I vastly under-estimated their importance.

Plato ought to admit it too.

This might be one of my last times logging on.

For the love of the game and for the sake of the countless hours players have spent playing this game...

Save what is left of it and eliminate dictatorship!!!

Few if any countries have chosen it willingly.

They choose it out of self-defense and self-preservation to prevent foreign PTOs.

I dunno... maybe it's too late anyways... maybe no one cares anymore...

Is anyone still awake at the switch over at eRepublik Labs?

Cheers, JC

Edited by J.Canuck, 11 May 2015 - 05:39 PM.

• Teddy beer eBe and suezo31 like this

#2 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

Who knew domestic rivalry and petty politics were the driving force in most eRepublik communities?

I admit, I vastly under-estimated their importance.

Plato ought to admit it too.

This might be one of my last times logging on.

For the love of the game and for the sake of the countless hours players have spent playing this game...

Save what is left of it and eliminate dictatorship!!!

Few if any countries have chosen it willingly.

They choose it out of self-defense and self-preservation to prevent foreign PTOs.

I dunno... maybe it's too late anyways... maybe no one cares anymore...

Is anyone still awake at the switch over at eRepublik Labs?

Cheers, JC

Man, take it easy.

Do you want to destroy the current self-protection dictatorship system? You only have to corrupt it. Recollect money, buy the dictatorship from the dictator-CP and then make the life impossible to the people who naively thought they're in a secure system. I'm sure that...

e0c.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Pato Ar

Pato Ar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

+1 JC

Demonaire... what have you been smoking? :P

#4 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

+1 JC

Demonaire... what have you been smoking? :P

Do you really think the dictatorships can't be bought/sold?

It's like buy/sell MU, only with new feature. Even Itrade already has offers in that sense. :ph34r:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#5 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

BkH2zcf.png

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#6 Tokihanatsu Shibou

Tokihanatsu Shibou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNippon

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

AIDS

• Demonaire likes this

"Me love you longtime" ~Papillon Soo Soo

#7 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

In my opinion dictatorship have Good and "Bad" things.

"Bad" things:

- 1 person control a entire country. No congress no president, so only 1 person enjoys politics in the game. Boring.

- Old and rich players should have advantage for achieve the control of a country.

Good things:

- End of stupid no-lifer players that create multiple accounts from PC, mobile devices, tablets, neighbours computer, mom phone, dad phone, sister or brother phone, library computer, university computer. And then on election day they vote themselves for TO a party or a country, win elections and control a small country for steal all money. For more references see eEgypt.

- For win the control of a country you need Fighters.....Fighters = Active people....No strong fighters = Multies....What killed game = Multies

My global valoration of dictatorship is... that is good for small low populated countries, but bad for big countries with many active people.

• Karlina Alkhatiri likes this

3028465-1.png

#8 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

"Bad" things:

- 1 person control a entire country. No congress no president, so only 1 person enjoys politics in the game. Boring.

- Old and rich players should have advantage for achieve the control of a country.

Good things:

- End of stupid no-lifer players that create multiple accounts from PC, mobile devices, tablets, neighbours computer, mom phone, dad phone, sister or brother phone, library computer, university computer. And then on election day they vote themselves for TO a party or a country, win elections and control a small country for steal all money. For more references see eEgypt.

- For win the control of a country you need Fighters.....Fighters = Active people....No strong fighters = Multies....What killed game = Multies

My global valoration of dictatorship is... that is good for small low populated countries, but bad for big countries with many active people.

Then, definitely, the good things doesn't worth it.

The dictatorship system would be good if it had been made inside political limits. But, instead, it was made in form that the fesible options are PTO or self-coup.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#9 Lord Doel

Lord Doel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

"Bad" things:

Good things:

How can small communities benefit from the dictatorship when they are being pto'd by someone foreign most times?

#10 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

How can small communities benefit from the dictatorship when they are being pto'd by someone foreign most times?

Moreover: What guarantees have that community the self-coup dictatorship isn't sold to another user to make a PTO?

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#11 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Good points, but I return back to one of most important points. For be dictator you must win a battle, you need strong fighters. Strong fighters are usually active people. A multi accounter hardly can make grow 10 accounts to high levels at same time. But they easily can create 10 accounts for vote 1 or 2 times a month and make an effort for vote.

Briefly, in small communities we changed a zombie voters dictatorship for an active fighters dictatorship. None of the 2 options are good, but I preffer actual dictatorship system, at least the people who did the coup are most of them active :)

Anyways, dictatorship will kill political system and will produce apathy in many players due deleting the option to be congressman or president with effective power. Dictatorship module must have negative effects in a country economy for increase interest of population in overthrow him.

3028465-1.png

#12 Rican

Rican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationGeneve

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

https://forum.erepub...d-it-this-time/

vote the poll

titan_0.png

if you're not the lead dog...

... the scenery never changes.

#13 Karlina Alkhatiri

Karlina Alkhatiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

wasting ur time by playing this game  :D

Karlina  Alkhatiri

#14 Artela

Artela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

Mikhail, your logic is in error - I've watched many strong fighters now drift away from the game because the social element has now been killed by the dictatorship module. Where everyone used to have to cooperate to make things work, now instead there is apathy in abundance and people leaving faster than before. This module needs to be stripped back out to save the game.

....Strong fighters are usually active people....

#15 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

Mikhail, your logic is in error - I've watched many strong fighters now drift away from the game because the social element has now been killed by the dictatorship module. Where everyone used to have to cooperate to make things work, now instead there is apathy in abundance and people leaving faster than before. This module needs to be stripped back out to save the game.

Hello Artela :)

Your point is good and I'm not disagree.

But I don't belive my logic is wrong, basically because for be a strong fighter you need to train and fight every day. This for me means you are active player. And I think is better to have active player as dictator than a player that receives votes from multi accounts that get online only 3 times at month.

For me, some solutions would be to add measures like....demand daily activity in a row of X days for be able to vote in elections.

Also to add MU warehouses or MU companies that can be managed by MU members. And to add city majors figure and allow them to manage proportional tax income of a region based on citizens living in it. Also Region dictators or region coups, respecting capital city for elected government.

Actual dictatorship closed the country management to few (less than before dictatorship), so it's not good for sure. But it can be a good lesson.

• tommot likes this

3028465-1.png

#16 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hello Artela :)

Your point is good and I'm not disagree.

But I don't belive my logic is wrong, basically because for be a strong fighter you need to train and fight every day. This for me means you are active player. And I think is better to have active player as dictator than a player that receives votes from multi accounts that get online only 3 times at month.

For me, some solutions would be to add measures like....demand daily activity in a row of X days for be able to vote in elections.

Also to add MU warehouses or MU companies that can be managed by MU members. And to add city majors figure and allow them to manage proportional tax income of a region based on citizens living in it. Also Region dictators or region coups, respecting capital city for elected government.

Actual dictatorship closed the country management to few (less than before dictatorship), so it's not good for sure. But it can be a good lesson.

That is untrue: actually, many "strong real players" are multis created by old-butthurt-very-old players. There are whole armies of those.

Also, there are "entrepreneurial multis" only created and kept because they are old, and strong, and make many golds from referrers, but their real influence in battle sucks. Others created "societies" to keep and feed (with RL money) gold to tank accounts, especially in low divisions... that is why there are some extremely strong D1 players who suddenly start fighting like crazy for a while...

However, they are not the worse... the worse are those "visa tanks" who are allowed to cheat, to have multiple accounts, use black market money, Organizations which are forbidden to rest of us, and do whatever they want, as long as they spend certain amount of RL money every month. Most changes Plato does are to make them win alone whole campaigns. That is the stupidest thing in this game: it should be easy for the admins to know exactly how much black market money appears in their accounts, but they look to the other side... Since the stupid C.O. implementation (wich pretty much killed communities and strategy in this game) there are some players who almost do no damage in battle, but limit themselves to set C.O. ;) :wacko:

There is a simple way to fix everything: just LIMIT the number or energy bars a user can consume, and problem solved, tactics and strategy are back, the economy recover, and new players wont run away...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users