34 replies to this topic

#1 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCrisana-Maramures Border

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

From the point of view of the economist the removing of national currencies was one of the most expected and most dissapointing decision made by the admins it's ups and downs are still debated.
Let's see the aftermath of the introduction of the unique currency:
Before we start let us define some terms by country currency I understand the currency issued by one particular country for use within it's boundries and exchangeable with other country's currency at rates depending on each other's relations, and by unique currency I understand the current currency wich has the same value (reported to gold) in every country.

1) following the removal of the national currency the price of gold skyrocketed reachin a staggering price of over 2k cc.
Countries in wich the inflation was high before the conversion had their chance to fill up their accounts.
2) by removing the cc the boundries between countries from the economic pov dissapeared taking with it the rivalry of the national market and leaving behind a powerless industry wich renderred the selling licences useless and with prices that don't justify their further use
3) with the currency (as an economic value) gone the last things that a player can do is either try to produce enough to sustain itself, either get it's hands in it's RL pockets for a last eLife saving maneuvre to get him up and running against the old players.
4) The very commerce with currency dissapeared , trading one currency for another is now impossible.
Now the admin is stirring the economy using it's promotions and now large scale missions hoping that the players will burn up the surplus resources of wrm , weapons and gold, even came up with the airstrike to reduce the quantity of food and currency from the markets, but that's not enough we are eliving in an economic sphere controled by the actions of the admins not by it's real master , the currency.
Let us give back the engine to the economy let's reintroduce national currency let it power the economy, not the national missions nor the promotions.
If I'm missing out something from the big picture please let me know.
Thanks
  • Fedias, dr.erol, Slordak and 3 others like this

#2 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well, currencies were nice option, but I can't tell I'd want them back - it's much more comfortable to have one. It has pros and cons, but I'd just let it stay as it is.

#3 MrConway

MrConway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Fully agree, again the admins have made this game too simple.

With currencies nations could wage economic war and buy up opponents currency etc. With the cuurent MM it can take days before your offer is bought up.

I'm no economical genius but the restoration of national currencies opens up a whole new aspect to the game.

• Joshuke likes this

*****Éire Abú*****

#4 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

1) following the removal of the national currency the price of gold skyrocketed reachin a staggering price of over 2k cc.

thats wrong with removal of the national currency the price was gone up to about 1g = 200cc which was bad for people in "good coutries" (with 1g = 30cc or lower) who had stocked up on gold. it skyrocketed up above 1g = 2000cc because of work as manager and the bot who bought all the surplus products - and pumped currency into the game

back then goldbuyers bought bazookas from admins - so the gold they paid was kept outside the game

with much currency from bot and not more gold than before we had more currency than gold = worth of currency had an inflation

the pro of different currencies was that many people were not able (and still are not able) to calculate so the ones who can into simple math could make big profit with currency to currency exchanges. but with the 10gold limit nowadays it would still be hard to make good profit even with different currencies...

Edited by eisenmutter2, 12 August 2013 - 03:07 PM.

the money i will earn is the money you are about to lose

(i am not resposible for your loss - i can just tell you what i think but in the end you decide what you do)

#5 tarasino

tarasino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Imo the shortest way would be to make MPPs in gold and restore the donate gold feature to the treasury.

From what i have seen the admins want the price of gold in the range of 200-250cc. They are never gonna introduce the national currencies again cuz this system is easier for them to manage.

• pogonici likes this

#6 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

They are never gonna introduce the national currencies again cuz this system is easier for them to manage.

There is always an leverage to the system, they can keep the national missions, requiering the player to burn up stocks of weapons and food, if missing any of those the player should (at least paradoxically) sell gold from it's inventory, thus lowering the price of gold, you can see the theory in practice just by looking at the "National Shield" program implemented by admins, as the stockpiles of weapons go low the prices for weapons go up and price of gold go down , that's the principle on wich the admins should experiment, not by feeding us promotions over promotions.

#7 Mochan Drust

Mochan Drust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFar away

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

I agree. 

It seems to me that admins are trying to narrow the speciality of this game to just war. When I started to play, newspaper, economy and politics took a lot of time for each player and there were many players who didn't even fight at all. Now it is all about war. Admins made politics easier and simpler with lists of candidates, not single candidates anymore. They made economy easier with universal CC. 

Edited by Mochan Drust, 12 August 2013 - 05:53 PM.

2mzb0py.png

#8 nicholas2000

nicholas2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm no economical genius but the restoration of national currencies opens up a whole new aspect to the game.

More like it restores an aspect that we once had. 

Glorious Hypnotoad of Righteousness

#9 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

It seems to me that admins are trying to narrow the speciality of this game to just war.

War can be waged through economy also, how many of you remember the days when we had to stand watch over our empleyees because the enemy citizens were hunting for job offers wich they accepted and worked with low health thus creating losses to the employer? of course back then we had that productivity health thing.

Another feature that's missing from today's game

#10 pogonici

pogonici

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

When was national cc was very nice and hard economical wars.  :)

#11 Paladn

Paladn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

War can be waged through economy also, how many of you remember the days when we had to stand watch over our empleyees because the enemy citizens were hunting for job offers wich they accepted and worked with low health thus creating losses to the employer? of course back then we had that productivity health thing.

Another feature that's missing from today's game

That feature was horrible.  However I do think skill levels should come back.

#12 Juan Pablo Barral

Juan Pablo Barral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Imo the shortest way would be to make MPPs in gold and restore the donate gold feature to the treasury.

From what i have seen the admins want the price of gold in the range of 200-250cc. They are never gonna introduce the national currencies again cuz this system is easier for them to manage.

Before, everything was more realistic and self-regulatory.

Wasn't that simpler for admins actually?

Juan Pablo Barral profile_sm.gif

#13 Rik Daphnee

Rik Daphnee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Signed.

#14 Homma

Homma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Agreed

#15 tarasino

tarasino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Before, everything was more realistic and self-regulatory.

Wasn't that simpler for admins actually?

If they reintroduce National currencies the admins will have more difficulties in influencing the price of gold. 

It sounds cynical i know but that is what's this is all about.

In a global currency market, all they need are two bots to bring the price up or down as much they wish, like they did until a few months ago til gold reached 300.

They will always deny of using bots but they do. 

Edited by tarasino, 13 August 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#16 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

If they reintroduce National currencies the admins will have more difficulties in influencing the price of gold.

If you take a better look at the price of gold when the missions came into effect you will find that the price of gold is going down due to players who sell gold from their accounts to buy weapons or food in order to achieve those awards, should they want for the price of gold to go up they will surely implement those promotions (upgrade for 50% less or bazooka parts)

#17 tarasino

tarasino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

If you take a better look at the price of gold when the missions came into effect you will find that the price of gold is going down due to players who sell gold from their accounts to buy weapons or food in order to achieve those awards, should they want for the price of gold to go up they will surely implement those promotions (upgrade for 50% less or bazooka parts)

Why would the admins want the price to go up?

The price is fine at 210-220 for them.

Edited by tarasino, 13 August 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#18 MuresanC

MuresanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

their main interest is not the price of gold , from their point of view the price of gold can be 1cc as well as 2k cc their main interest is that the player should buy gold for real money as soon as the gold from his account has been used up either for upgrading factories or to buy something like bazooka parts or damage boosters, the evolution of the monetary market based on those offers is a biproduct

#19 Rona1d

Rona1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationTegucigalpa, Honduras

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

signed

#20 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

the main interest of the admins is to avoid new sources of overproduction brought from work as manager

and the Monetary Market plays a role in that as at least the oldfags know. the currency to gold ratio ingame is a problem because admins were so "smart" and tied the price of raw companies on the value of gold AND the value of currency . so admins have to make sure that the MM doesn't lean towards one extreme because it will bring more companies and higher overproduction

because if gold is worth much currency like in bot times (1g = 2000+ cc) then currency-raw companies are dirt cheap

many will buy them and overproduction will go up

same with gold is worth very few currency like in V1 (1g = 40cc) then gold-raw companies are dirt cheap

many will buy them etc pp

with missions and events admins can pump gold (from goldbuyers) into the game

and with buybot on market they can buy surplus of products and pump currency into the game if needed

with the problem of more new companies and new overproduction kept at bay the

main problem of the admins now is how to reduce the overproduction we already have

"solutions" admins had

- bot (which brought even more overproduction because of the rawcompany prices see above)

- airstrike

which did not really work, because it is not really used that often (too expensive)

- q7

which killed the low q weapons and with higher raw prices brought new rawcompanies instead of lowering the overproduction we had

- rocketfaktories

this was the best admins did

it gave low q weapons a function & bought the goldbuyergold into the game which lowered the inflation of currency the bot had started (currency : gold ratio)

but still problem was that the bot was pumping much more currency into the game than goldbuyer gold

so admins had to kill the bot

with the dead of the bot all profit from companies until then was gone because the profit was "paid" by the bot

overproduction pushed the prices lower and lower - we got low profits and low wages (= the situation now)

now the new thing on market is worktax

of course it will have a influence on work as manager and on building of new companies

many celebrated it because it "punishes" the companyowners with many companies and the producer who sell on black market

but because the worktax is as high for q1 companies as for q7 it will also have a high (negative) effect on low quality companies and with this on newbies

i think with the worktax admins will get rid of low quality production which will mean some of the overproduction will be killed. and with this i think it will be more a problem of newbies than of high quality and high quantity producers. and this is even more so a problem as newbies don't see that

• rainy sunday likes this

the money i will earn is the money you are about to lose

(i am not resposible for your loss - i can just tell you what i think but in the end you decide what you do)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monetary market

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users