• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 tarasino

tarasino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

their main interest is not the price of gold , from their point of view the price of gold can be 1cc as well as 2k cc their main interest is that the player should buy gold for real money as soon as the gold from his account has been used up either for upgrading factories or to buy something like bazooka parts or damage boosters, the evolution of the monetary market based on those offers is a biproductTrue

Yes and No. Yes their interest is selling gold for real money and No, they are not indifferent to the price of gold in the MM because the price influences the purchasing power of the gold people buy for real money.

At 1cc, gold has almost no purchasing power and there is no point buying gold for real money, better find some CC to do it.

At 2000cc, gold has a high purchasing power in terms of cc.

The optimal price to sell gold for real money is a rate in which the gold price is not to high and not too low, a moderate one.

So that people actually get something for their real money but not too much.

Now we can debate if it is 200 or it is 150, but that's was not the point of the discussion.

The price of gold went up to 2000 cc until a year ago because the admins used a bot to flood the the world with currency, and it went down when they used a bot again to buy currency in the money market.

They want to be able to influence the price and national currencies get in the way of that.

#22 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Only a hint:

If the gold price drops beyond the 200CC, the RW will be economically non-viable.

To me, certainly the gold price is very low. On the other hand, it gives the newbies and the non-VISA players the opportunity of create and upgrade high-quality industries.

The problem, however, is the market place: It's absurd Plato have to create tournaments to move that market. I would prefer the bot.

Edited by Demonaire, 14 August 2013 - 10:33 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#23 FuzzX

FuzzX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

Only a hint:

If the gold price drops beyond the 200CC, the RW will be economically non-viable.

To me, certainly the gold price is very low. On the other hand, it gives the newbies and the non-VISA players the opportunity of create and upgrade high-quality industries.

The problem, however, is the market place: It's absurd Plato have to create tournaments to move that market. I would prefer the bot.

So you want Plato do decide prices and not the players? There is no fun in that.

#24 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

So you want Plato do decide prices and not the players? There is no fun in that.

The way as it is now, I see no difference between Plato deciding prices with his tournaments and the bot deciding prices by buying goods, but at least the last one is more discreet.

Edited by Demonaire, 15 August 2013 - 03:15 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#25 CendaBG

CendaBG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBelgrade,Serbia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

I agree

#26 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

well with the tournament more people buy gold to "win" stuff - with bot plato doesn't get RL profit

the money i will earn is the money you are about to lose

(i am not resposible for your loss - i can just tell you what i think but in the end you decide what you do)

#27 csredes

csredes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Q0-Q6 weapons need to have another purpose in the game besides building rockets.  A nice idea would be to allow use of certain weapons per division.  For example Division1 could only use Q1 and Q2 weapons, Division2 could use only Q3 and Q4 weapons..etc...That would make the game more balanced.  Today only Q7 weapons are really used in battle.  It is pointless to even consider building a weapons factory nowadays if you cannot build a Q7 factory.

The best way to improve the economic module is to allow real demand to drive the economy.  Changing the rules to increase organic demand for Q0-Q6 weapons should be a key objective for the admins.

#28 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

The best way to improve the economic module is to allow real demand to drive the economy.  Changing the rules to increase organic demand for Q0-Q6 weapons should be a key objective for the admins.

for this to work you would need real supply. with work as manager it is quite easy to produce not just everything you need by yourself but even some surplus - so at the moment there is like 1demand against 5 to 10supply. we had real economy before the admins simulated the financial crisis with the bot and work as manager...

(i am not resposible for your loss - i can just tell you what i think but in the end you decide what you do)

#29 Slordak

Slordak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Give us National Currency back!!

1f2TC.jpeg

Visit my Newspaper: Al de Baran News

#30 LordRahl2

LordRahl2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

i think with the worktax admins will get rid of low quality production which will mean some of the overproduction will be killed. and with this i think it will be more a problem of newbies than of high quality and high quantity producers. and this is even more so a problem as newbies don't see that

You are wrong about this point.  The WT would have been fine at reducing production if the floor was greater than 1%.  1% is basically irrelevant and all major countries will inevitably set to 1% to keep their communes and workers competitive.

So, X, if you want this change to be effective just raise the min tax rate to 10% or thereabout.

But bringing back National currencies would not be a bad thing.

Edited by LordRahl2, 18 August 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#31 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

You are wrong about this point.  The WT would have been fine at reducing production if the floor was greater than 1%. 

yeah ok. but this implies that in fact if you would make the tax igher you will kill the low quality companies. so the countries have no other choice than to set it for 5% or lower. the USA which had tax of over 20% before the change and then no congress to lower the tax have in fact killed the production - and many people don't realize stuff like that and are still producing with huge loss

and the high raw-cost makes the WT a problem even in low-tax countries

welcome to russia where the raw for a q1 weapon costs 0.50cc and the final q1weapon costs just 0.45cc (btw it's the same with all low quality weapons) and then paying WT + VAT on that too and it is not killing low quality companies? yeah right because they are already dead and newbies still build and sell the stuff... even the low tax of  0.1cc / company is 0.10cc more money lost than they already lose by producing low quality weapons with the raw

all the sane people would not even bother to build companies anymore because low quality brings even less profit and high qualitycompanies are just too expensive. but you are right:

low quality will not be killed because there are thousands of people here still producing when they lose money - so who cares about 0.1cc less profit when you don't even care about making profit in the first place...

but q1 food which was always cheaper than q5 now is more expensive

thats exactly what i was talking about.

people who are buying products for best price will now shift from lower quality to higher especially with products of low quality and low price because the tax will have a bigger impact there

Edited by eisenmutter2, 19 August 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#32 chriswen

chriswen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Some other things that suck cc from the market.

1. Resistance Wars, 10 000 cc for each war.  that's a lot.

2. MPPs , 10 000 cc Also right?

And if you don't remember, when the currencies were not the same there was very little volume on the MM markets.  I like it a lot better now with more volume for trading. It would be cool if erep worked with a real company to get a realistic mm market with functional bid and ask columns.  And also a graph for past x days.  And volume trading which would be cool.

Yes back then, small countries would have very little volume for inter currency trading.  And inter country trading was also very useless.  Cause that was like 0 volume.

#33 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

And if you don't remember, when the currencies were not the same there was very little volume on the MM markets.  I like it a lot better now with more volume for trading.

Yes back then, small countries would have very little volume for inter currency trading.  And inter country trading was also very useless.  Cause that was like 0 volume.

1. back then was less volume because goldbuyergold was going back to admins instead of into the game (the bought bazookas)

so most cash was the stuff a citizen has earned ingame and not like now goldbuyergold or tournament price gold etc pp

2. what?! intercurrency trading was THE cash cow  back then because most people couldn't calculate that and bought stuff that was nearly double the actual worth of the stuff and that regularly for multiple offers in different countrie-combinations

and 3.

with some countries [south korea, pakistan, singapore] who had 1gold at around 80 to 180cc the price fluctuated +/-20 to 30cc per gold regularly (like every 5days or something)

and a fluctuation of 10cc per gold every other day was normal in some countries. fluctuation of 3cc multiple times a day of a currency 1gold:80cc  was normal.

so there was absolutely no need for you to have high volume - 20 gold investment could be doubled easily. today with MM moving 2cc on a normal day to 5cc if you are lucky you need   ~500gold to even make some profit with active dealing (at least if you don't want to sit on MM all day trading your 100gold again and again back and forth for 0.4 to 1.7cc profit per gold)

Edited by eisenmutter2, 23 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#34 masterbolivariano

masterbolivariano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

the economic module of e-repulik sucks 

#35 KronicDreamer

KronicDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts