70 replies to this topic

#1 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SHARED THEIR OPINIONS, THE CONTEST HAS BEEN FINALISED AND IS LIVE. 
IF YOU ARE STILL SEEING THIS, PLEASE CLICK HERE https://forum.erepub...nalist-contest/

Edited by TheJakal, 18 September 2015 - 04:19 PM.
New updates to follow shortly.

• Mr. Indigo, Rican, tommot and 3 others like this

#2 Mad Pauly

Mad Pauly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

So this effectively excludes articles such as I produce, which rely on pictures while attempting to be relevant with regards to current affairs, albeit in a satirical manner, and rewards TL;DR walls of text...

• FightAndProduce, smee again, Peter Weyland and 2 others like this

#3 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

Well if everyone feels strongly that 3 pictures is not enough that rule can be modified. 

#4 Saiwun

Saiwun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Sounds good, but 1000 words isn't that much.
  • thiagobhhow likes this

#5 Edelmann

Edelmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

"This is what the competition will be about, a weekly story summarising the most important events in eRepublik."

Now if only we had important events going on, right?

• Saiwun, Alex.L, cbird and 3 others like this

#6 FightAndProduce

FightAndProduce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

Brief feels way too limited to be worth writing imo. Then again I don't exactly write articles so I can tick boxes and I don't write articles for money either.

Edited by FightAndProduce, 12 September 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#7 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

Brief feels way too limited to be worth writing imo. Then again I don't exactly write articles so I can tick boxes and I don't write articles for money either.

You can donate your prize to your Country. What do you mean by Brief feels way too limited?

#8 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

Good idea but it shouldn't discriminate articles of different kind, like Polandballs, where the message is contained in images.

• Yosemite Sam01 likes this

#9 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

Good idea but it shouldn't discriminate articles of different kind, like Polandballs, where the message is contained in images.

I love polandballs, but it would be too wide a contest if we cover everything. Having said that, maybe we could do the best comic of the week. But lets discuss that after this contest is launched if you agree. 

#10 Jordic69

Jordic69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Seems a good idea to incentivate some people to write, but as said before, you should not limitate pictures (imagine that you are talking about alliances and wars, maps will be needed to explain it better ) and 1,000 words could not be enough.

But I like the idea.

#11 Kistivadar

Kistivadar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

I think Hungary should propose a Romanian NE.

(contest good idea but i think you can try the troll journalist contest, because people like troll articles about other countries, and easier to compare those articles and decide which best.)

Edited by Kistivadar, 12 September 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#12 Terron de azucar

Terron de azucar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Too many rules.... :(

• thiagobhhow likes this

#13 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

I don't know... with my abilites and your rules, some place from the Top 3 is guaranteed for me.

You must rethink the rules: the proposed ones (max 3 images, max 1,000 words) definitely ISN'T going to award the best writter

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#14 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Nice :)

I have been doing something similar on a much smaller scale and without prices... 
Newspaper of the Month

There is also a Newspaper of the year connected to it.... yet all of this is just a local thing(for eBelgian Newspapers only).

Would this kind of article qualify? 

-------------------------------------------------

I would raise the maximum of images to 5-6(more images can be merged as 1, showing 2 pictures in 1 image)

And why the maximum of 1000 words? 

Also...

spoilers or linked images on the bottom of an article(example is at the bottom of my article i shared in this post)... would they be allowed?

• TheJakal likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#15 FightAndProduce

FightAndProduce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

You can donate your prize to your Country. What do you mean by Brief feels way too limited?

Just that its a top events of the week article, any articles outside of that don't qualify. 

Edited by FightAndProduce, 13 September 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#16 Yosemite Sam01

Yosemite Sam01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Well, I welcome the idea of making a journalistic competition, but the proposed format of the competition has some serious flaws.

1) First of all I wouldn´t tie up the competition only to theme  "weekly story summarising of the most important events in eRepublik". There shouldn´t be any limits regarding the subject of an article. There are a lot of great articles which don´t have anything to do directly with the current events. The only limit I would put is that the matters of the articles have something to do with the game and articles with external themes should be excluded. 

2) Often a picture says more than a 1000 words. Don´t put any limits regarding the number of words an article has to have. And also don´t limit the number of pictures.

3) The articles could be written in any language, but there SHOULD BE AN ENGLISH VERSION too, if the original article isn´t written in English.

#17 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

This is a contest, so parameters are required to make it challenging and bring people out of their usual comfort zones. 

If the articles are really good than we could also consider sending it by email or making it featured so that all new, old players can see what happened in the previous week. 

It is a journalist competition hence the limit on the number of pictures. 

#18 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Well, I welcome the idea of making a journalistic competition, but the proposed format of the competition has some serious flaws.

1) First of all I wouldn´t tie up the competition only to theme  "weekly story summarising of the most important events in eRepublik". There shouldn´t be any limits regarding the subject of an article. There are a lot of great articles which don´t have anything to do directly with the current events. The only limit I would put is that the matters of the articles have something to do with the game and articles with external themes should be excluded. 

2) Often a picture says more than a 1000 words. Don´t put any limits regarding the number of words an article has to have. And also don´t limit the number of pictures.

3) The articles could be written in any language, but there SHOULD BE AN ENGLISH VERSION too, if the original article isn´t written in English.

We start with English only and if the project is successful we can branch out to local languages. My belief is the following that the community can run these type of contests better and that eRepublk's role should only be in giving out gold prizes to support and promotion. 

#19 Peter Weyland

Peter Weyland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

So this effectively excludes articles such as I produce, which rely on pictures while attempting to be relevant with regards to current affairs, albeit in a satirical manner, and rewards TL;DR walls of text...

+1

#20 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Would NOs be allowed to this contest?

Edited by Yamisuke, 13 September 2015 - 12:17 PM.

ambassador.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users