"We citizens don't need to know every detail of every military operation in this new kind of war. Nor should the media tell us and hence our enemy."
- David Hackworth, American veteran
Operation: Burning Base gives Commanders and Captains the possibility to start military operations on the battlefield. If your Regiment manages to destroy the target and therefore complete the objective, you’ll have a chance to get prestigious rewards! In this Latest Updates post you will find the basic information about the Event.
Operation: Burning Base starts on Day 2,872 0:00 eRepublik time and lasts for 5 days, until Day 2,876 23:59 eRepublik time.
In the Event Commanders, 2nd Commanders and Captains of Military Units can deploy military objectives on the battlefield. Once deployed, each objective lasts for 5 minutes. During this timeframe the members of your Regiment are encouraged to join and fight in a certain Battle, determined by Commanders or Captains. The more Regiment members participate, the easier it will be to destroy the objective.
Once the objective is destroyed, the members of your Regiment can loot up to 4 extra Prestige Points for each hit dealt in that Battle, during the time left from the initial 5 minute window.
Players who help their Regiment to complete 10 or more objectives during the Event will earn a unique Decoration. The Decorations will be awarded after the end of the Event.
Below you will find some important information you should keep in mind:
- Players are locked down to a Regiment once per day. Changing your Regiment after that won’t have any effect. So basically you can only contribute for one Regiment per day.
- Objectives can be deployed by entering the battlefield and clicking a new icon near the Combat Orders.
- An objective cannot be deployed into a Battle which has been ongoing for more than 60 minutes.
- An objective cannot be deployed into a Battle which is already Epic.
- Many Regiments CAN have an objective in the same Battle.
- All Regiment members, regardless of their Division, are targeting the same objective.
- All players, regardless of their Strength, deal the same amount of “damage” to the objective’s structure.
- The more enemies you defeat during an active objective, the less “damage” you deal to the objective’s structure. Please notice that this applies only for the objective; you will still be dealing the normal amount of damage against your opponents.
- All kills done while the objective’s timer is active will give you 10% more Rank Points. After the 5 minute window has passed, you will no longer gain extra Rank Points.
- Once the 5 minute window has passed, the objective will remain on the battlefield until the end of the Battle. However, it will not bring any benefits to the Regiment members.
- 10 different objectives are available during each Event day. The more objectives your Regiment completes, the harder they become. The progress of your Regiment will reset daily. However, if 10 objectives haven’t been deployed during the previous day, the objective left in the queue will have to be deployed first for the reset to happen.
- If you fail to complete the objective, your Regiment will still progress and the next objective will be harder and more rewarding.
- A cooldown of up to 2 hours is required between each deployed objective.
Feedback? Questions? Let us know in the comments below!