• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dun Vegan

Dun Vegan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

every time that the fortunes of war turn I see great nations start wars of resistance in other countries to protect themselves against new enemies. Why citizens of other nations can start wars of resistance in my country? I think it is right that the wars of resistance can be started only by the citizens of the occupied nation and not by foreigners is also a matter of realism

#2 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:31 AM

yes... it should be limited on who should be able to start an RW

For more info, look at my wikipage

#3 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

Imposing restrictions on starting RWs, while seemingly logical, would decrease the number of battles and make eRepublik even more boring. Moreover, it would favor big countries as they wouldn't have to worry so much about RWs and could occupy more small countries.

RWs are more like revolts. IRL revolts can be, and often are, started by foreign powers.

• Vlad Gordin likes this

#4 George Norfolk

George Norfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Imposing restrictions on starting RWs, while seemingly logical, would decrease the number of battles and make eRepublik even more boring. Moreover, it would favor big countries as they wouldn't have to worry so much about RWs and could occupy more small countries.

RWs are more like revolts. IRL revolts can be, and often are, started by foreign powers.

More battles doesn't make the game more fun or less boring though. Would you rather there be three large, contended battles or twenty small battles that only a handful of people fight in every hour? Do people have as much fun fighting in the 34 'Cold War' battles going on now or the single battles of LionKing or HelliKitty? 

#5 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

every time that the fortunes of war turn I see great nations start wars of resistance in other countries to protect themselves against new enemies. Why citizens of other nations can start wars of resistance in my country? I think it is right that the wars of resistance can be started only by the citizens of the occupied nation and not by foreigners is also a matter of realism

For me it's realist, you can consider the resistance war open by foreigners a "proxy war", or a revolution backed by a foreign nation. Is also realist :)

• George Norfolk likes this

3028465-1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users