20 replies to this topic

#1 I n f 0 r m e r

I n f 0 r m e r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIran , mashhad

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hello everyone , i dunno if any admins would read this or not , or anyone will care or not . but i felt i need to write it...so lets go on :)

its been months that people are repeating this phrase"this game is dead" daily. almost every player in the game said it once , but why?

because economy is dead? because the difference between strength of new comers and old tanks is so much?? all of these has an effect on the game , but hey the strength problem existed from almost first days of the game and economy problem is here for years...so they are not the main issue.

The most important part which is not taken into consideration by erepublik team is the Social activity of the game. beside being a game , erepublik is a social network that people can have communication with eachother in it and some of these relations even come to real , even some wedding ceremonies took place between erep players . and i believe a few people who are still playing this game , they play it for their friends , and for their nation ,mu ,etc... not for eating more CO , or taking more BH or anything like this , these are things that make game interesting when you have friends to fight side by side with them.

now..my question is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS GAME IN LAST 1.5YEARS??? instead of pushing game to more teamwork , erepublik lab made that more and more and moree individual with individual missions , CO system and many other things that ended up to this situation . I cant count the number of active mercenary&loyal MUs before adding CO to the game...they were many. but now i can count the number of active strong MUs with my hand...there was hundreds of active IRC channels 2years ago and now they are almost none , except on special days. it shows that teamwork and social activity decreased like hell in last 1.5years and well : less social activity ==> less teamwork ==> less Friends ==> less reasons to stay and spend on this game

I see that even admins understood this problem and new missions about military objectives and other MU tournoments helped alot in bringing back the teamwork to the game , but we need something permanent. and objectives is not enough cause some people dont care about some PP boosters at all

I think the ONE and Only way to bring fun and real teamwork to this game is restricting CO system. so that commanders can only set CO for military units and public COs would be disabled. in that way people cant earn hell of money individually and Merc Units and Damage sellers groups will grow again that equals the great increase of team work and activity in game that may bring a new blood in to game veins. i know some people will be mad because they can set a script and go shopping and then come back and enjoy the COs that the script is eaten , but so be it , this is actually what games need , more human instead of more script.

and those people can gather hell of more cc by selling damage as price will go higher when there is not any public CO

and for the CO monsters who buy hell of CC and conquer the world with CO , they can buy hell of CC and hire whole merces of the world to their battle :) no big difference

thank you for reading my words and sorry for broken english

informer^

• dmesk28, Jordic69, Saiwun and 14 others like this

#2 Tablov

Tablov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

It is not a bad idea

#3 Severrus Snape

Severrus Snape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

"this is actually what games need , more human instead of more script."

agreeing on several topics, as well as this one. Any change is welcomed to the bad CO system now as it is, for the better of course. 

I may even vouch for completely removing it as an option.

But lets see the opinions... :)

• I n f 0 r m e r likes this

#4 pomoor

pomoor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:33 PM

sounds reasonable

#5 Colin Lantrip 3

Colin Lantrip 3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't mind if it was removed.. but restricting it would actually harm those active MU's you speak of. If people can't get co's from their current MU, many.. most would leave and join one where they could. Over time fewer and fewer would return.

All you would do with this is turn the MU's run by players like myself into the top MU's.

I guess I wouldn't mind that either.. :P
  • Iaswn likes this

#6 Xavinyo

Xavinyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Just top point out one logical error at the end of your article:

1) CO prices for Mercs will be higher due to no public CO available

vs

2) CO monsters conquering the world can buy hell of CC and hire whole merces of the workd to their battle, _no big difference_

But most likely from same CO money they will be able to buy less damage due to 1)

Regardless you are right, the game shifted from fun/team work to individual's competition, that slowly kills the game as it becomes the playground of few "elites" and the mass leaves the game as it is not the game they liked at V1.

Allready in battles noone cares which country wins. Because of the individual goals currently it is secondary to CC/gold. I think we can safely say, right now community play is already dead. With these quests the teamwork is only about gaining gold/individual gains like PPboosters, or click challenge others but not the intellectual challenge to outsmart others in a strategy game as it was in V1 when we still had MPP activating rules.

The direct CO is not the only reason. There is the hidden CO for TP fights, combined with EPIC fights, PP boosters etc it is still about the individual and not the community.

To sum it up, the game became the individual's click challenge instead of team's strategy game, and this concept combined with >>unsatisfied "loosers" what makes these "loosers" leave the game. So removing public CO in my opinion won't help the situation, because removing a bad motivator won't make an empty game better.

• rainy sunday and I n f 0 r m e r like this

#7 I n f 0 r m e r

I n f 0 r m e r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIran , mashhad

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

I wouldn't mind if it was removed.. but restricting it would actually harm those active MU's you speak of. If people can't get co's from their current MU, many.. most would leave and join one where they could. Over time fewer and fewer would return.

All you would do with this is turn the MU's run by players like myself into the top MU's.

I guess I wouldn't mind that either.. :P

you didnt understand my point , i didnt say commanders can only set CO for their own MU

i mean you see there is " military unit"  blank in CO setting options , if they put an obligation on filling that blank. then COs can be set only for MUs

and well , what i meant was reviving merc units and synchronize CO system with them.

not setting co for a mu and then ask everyone to join :D :D , and it wont happen cause if you know merc MUs , they dont like to share their CC with others ;)

#8 PMihai

PMihai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

my opinions are let the CO as it is right now. You want to put CO ? put all the CO you want/can, but remove buy stash/pack for friend. buy all the gold you want on promotion or whatever and use it any way you want.

and i have a proposition regarding economic module

unlock producing rockets. let all produce all the rockets they want. that way (i think) weapon industry will get a good boost and inferior weapon companies won't be so useless.

just my 2c

• farid70 likes this

#9 Ghostrecon371

Ghostrecon371

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Good idea! 

#10 3xDimi

3xDimi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

my opinions are let the CO as it is right now. You want to put CO ? put all the CO you want/can, but remove buy stash/pack for friend. buy all the gold you want on promotion or whatever and use it any way you want.

and i have a proposition regarding economic module

unlock producing rockets. let all produce all the rockets they want. that way (i think) weapon industry will get a good boost and inferior weapon companies won't be so useless.

just my 2c

Unlock producing rockets AND add some health used when using them. Elseway people will just start fighting ONLY with rockets, dealing shitloads of dmg w/o using any health.

#11 Iaswn

Iaswn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

your proposal wont change much, Units would be open and they would set COs and ppl will jump from one unit to the other.

Removing COs completely seems more reasonable, but based on how the game is now, and how most of the big countries wanna play it, CO is the only solution against Alliance empires where the strongest countries of the world are aligned against the few minions.  

If you wanna bring the old social aspect of the game back, then "WE" the players have to balance the alliances in order to give them equal chances and then COs will have minimal impact....

#12 The Valeyard

The Valeyard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:47 PM

#mercenaries used to be a huge channel, biggest erep related channel and one of the biggest channels on Rizon until they introduced Combat Orders.

Place died

Former Dictator or eBelgium (2 terms)
Former President of eNetherlands (3 terms)
Former President of eBelgium (6 terms)
Former President of eSouth Africa
Former Secretary of State of eUSA
Secretary General of Comintern (2 terms)

#13 Mongis

Mongis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

True.

#14 farid70

farid70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

your proposal wont change much, Units would be open and they would set COs and ppl will jump from one unit to the other.

many people don't like to change their MUs time by time. nowadays we can see that rates of COs in coups are a bit higher than ordinary battles. Also MTOers prefer to hire damages rather than relying on their COs for win.

anyway, if such things you mentioned become a routine, at least we can say "a human" is sitting at his pc and fighting against/for you, not a bot! this makes more sense :)

Edited by farid70, 03 November 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#15 lovelymoho

lovelymoho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:48 AM

vote for good article

#16 Matafuego

Matafuego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:21 AM

It's not a bad idea.

#17 Albus

Albus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTabriz

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

The question is , Does plato has the courage to remove public CO?

answer is : NO!

Topic closed xd

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that"

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

66831217829926059712.png

#18 Finway Divi Filius

Finway Divi Filius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

1/ Suppress scripts

2/ Free MPPs inside an alliance ; fee to enter an alliance (depending on country revenues) which comes into alliance treasury ; monthly fee defined by the alliance council for each country ; if a country can't pay, it's kicked out of the alliance with a cooldown period.

3/ Daily STR bonus for players belonging to a country @war

4/ COs authorized only for Alliances (through alliance treasury) & limited to be applied only on countries of the alliance wars and to be received only by alliance players

5/ No mean to fight against your own country or an allied country

6/ Add a 'Retreat' button instead

7/ A war started by a member of an alliance against another member remove the attacker from the alliance with a cooldown period not to join the same alliance (but not another one)

there is so much things to do,

but don't dream to much

NOT A SINGLE DEVELOPMENT WILL BE DONE ANYMORE FOR EREPUBLIK except from goodies and pay-to-play stuff.

#19 Nader.ImmOrtal

Nader.ImmOrtal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

2/ Free MPPs inside an alliance ; fee to enter an alliance (depending on country revenues) which comes into alliance treasury ; monthly fee defined by the alliance council for each country ; if a country can't pay, it's kicked out of the alliance with a cooldown period.

4/ COs authorized only for Alliances (through alliance treasury) & limited to be applied only on countries of the alliance wars and to be received only by alliance players
5/ No mean to fight against your own country or an allied country
6/ Add a 'Retreat' button instead
7/ A war started by a member of an alliance against another member remove the attacker from the alliance with a cooldown period not to join the same alliance (but not another one)
there is so much things to do,
but don't dream to much
NOT A SINGLE DEVELOPMENT WILL BE DONE ANYMORE FOR EREPUBLIK except from goodies and pay-to-play stuff.

These idea Ά̯͡я̶̲̥̮̣̥̣̥̣è awesome !!!
The shame is plato won't give ... About what we think

Why so serious, saaaaaaaaaaaan ?!

#20 farimah

farimah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

vaghean moteasefam barat

co chiz goodi hast kheili ham good

etefaghan baiad pishnahad bedim hameh keshvar haye keh jang mikonan molzam hastand hatman co bezaran

hadeaghale co ham baiad 60 cc bashe ta hal bedeh

• nazanin s and farid70 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users