Zacharia Raven

Elder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Combat Orders

The Combat Order system is genius way to control battles by using mercenaries. It is nearly perfect, but not completely. Here are, in my opinion, the major points for improvements.

1. Supply Only

Currently MU's are able to set a CO in CC that is gathered to MU's account. This is good, and is the most common way in mercenary action. However, it is not very efficient way for governments. Governments who are under budgets have always supplied their soldiers in tanks and food. Currently CO can be used for supplies, at least in tanks like this:

1. Find the price of tanks in [country]. Let's say it's 10cc.

2. Define the limit for supplying in tanks in influence done. There are external sites that can show all citizens in order of influence done with Q7. Let's presume that from strongest to weakest, out of 300 players number 200 does 20 000 per hit with Q7. To match 200 strongest with tanks, CO must be 50cc/mil*

1 hit= 1 cc (10/10). 

With 20 000/hit hits required: 50 (1000000/20)

Tanks required: 5 (50/10)

Tanks cost 50 (50*10)

CO required for top 200 to get tanks: 50cc/mil

The price of tanks affects this scenrario, and it needs to be checked every time CO is set. This also causes major differences between soldiers. Strongest soldiers might get 6 tanks for 1 used, when weakest of the division (the last 100) make losses. This is pretty bad for a national army.

Solution

Allowing tanks as CO rewards would benefit everybody, but most of all suppliers. This would also increase the sales of tanks worldwide. Economy would be fixed and militaries would start operating more actively. MU's would need to have same kind of inaccessable inventory, as is for CC.

2. Several orders

There often are 2 orders in the same match, sometimes even with same price and limit. Soldier can only choose one. There would be interesting win-win possibilities, if soldier could accept 2 or more orders.

Solution

Allowing accepting several CO's would make it possible for MU's to delegate the price. For example:

MU X sets 50cc/mil for 52% domination

MU Y sets 50cc/mil for 52% domination

Soldier X gets 100cc/mil for 52% domination.

I don't see bad sides in this. Budgets would still be separate. CO's might also have deeper strategy, like this:

MU X sets 50cc/mil for 52% domination

MU Y sets 50cc/mil for 50% domination

More currency would start moving, as the CO weight for one MU would decrease significantly.

3. Combat Orders in Battle List

To see the order, one has to click the battle open, and for the right side. This is bit cumbersome. 

Solution 1

When hovering the mouse to the CO-number, there would be infos for the active CO's. In a yellow pop-up player would see the price and the domination required, without having to move or open the battle

Solution 2

CO's available for the player would be listed in a simple list, with "go to CO" button. 

----

In short:

- Allow supply only, at least in tanks. MU's given CO-only strorage, like with CC

- Allow soldiers accept 2 or more CO's

- Make CO's easier to find, either with mouse-over or in a separate list.

Thanks.

Zacharia Raven

• Otus Leucotis likes this

#2 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I hope admin will add customization in BO, eg. rather than bazooka and candy, MU can add other items such as weapons/foods etc to it.

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#3 Zacharia Raven

Zacharia Raven

Elder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I hope admin will add customization in BO, eg. rather than bazooka and candy, MU can add other items such as weapons/foods etc to it.

Battle Order and Combat Order are different things, but yeah, nice idea also :)

#4 Werde1

Werde1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

I agree with this 3rd suggestion and I would add information about every divisions COs. As a captain or commander it would be important to know COs in all divisions when setting DO. At the moment they are making these desicions based on only their own divisions COs because they dont see other divisions.

#5 cen1

cen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

I dissagree about giving tanks instead of CC. Players can simply use that CC to buy tanks, so it's the same effect on economy as if country was buying them. Or, player can use CC for whatever he wants, more freedom this way. If the battle is a RW it can also cover the moving cost.

Edited by cen1, 12 August 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#6 Kuuro kana

Kuuro kana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

I suggest that in CO could be set maximum amount of CC/player, so that one player couldn't empty whole CO money. This is good if government or MU wants to encourage as many citizens as possible to fight in certain battle

#7 mikimaus79

mikimaus79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

this can be combined with my suggestion:
http://forum.erepubl...y-unit-account/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users