22 replies to this topic

#1 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

Dear Citizens,
In a persistent game universe, the sooner a player joins the better their chances to perform are. The junior Citizens have to work hard to make up for the time passed. Unfortunately, after 8 years the gaps are becoming quite impossible to close.

With that in mind, we are announcing today the Ghost Booster!

ghost_booster_tank_edition+buuun.jpg

Starting Day 3,046 Citizens will receive one Ghost Booster per day after completing the Daily Tasks. When activated, the Ghost Booster gives you 30% of the biggest damage/hit of the Citizen who fights in the same Battle, Round, side and Division as you.

Examples:
a) If in Round 1 of a Battle there fight 10 Citizens and the Citizen with the biggest damage/hit is Citizen A who makes 1,000 damage/hit, when you activate the Ghost Booster you will make 300 damage/hit + the regular damage/hit you have.

B) Citizen A hits 18,000 damage/hit with Q6 Weapons and 100% booster. Citizen B hits 2,000 per hit. Max hit = 9,000 (100% Booster not taken into account). With the Ghost Booster active, Citizen A will hit for 18,000 + 2,700 = 20,700, and Citizen B will hit for 2,000 + 2,700 = 4,700.

Each Ghost Booster lasts for 1 minute. The Ghost Boosters can be stored and have no expiry date.

Please note that:

- You will not be able to activate the Ghost Booster in a battle on your Citizenship Country’s side.
- You may activate the Ghost Booster only if you are located in one of the countries involved (you cannot activate via Mutual Protection Pact)
- Damage Boosters and Bazooka Boosters do not influence the max hit in a round, nor do they increase the Ghost Booster’s damage bonus
- Big/Small Bombs will not count for the bonus

We would also like to inform you that the administration stepped in a fraud case affecting tens of citizens and amounting to 10 million Currency. The Currency involved in the scam was returned to the victims and the offender has been permanently banned. We are sorry for this inconvenience and we count on your understanding and cooperation in solving this case.
The safety and trust of our players is paramount to us and, because of this unfortunate situation, the Blitzkrieg Pack will be on sale tomorrow, too.

Thank you very much for you support and if you wish to share feedback, don't hesitate to let us know!

#2 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

This is a great idea.

/sarcasm 

#3 Domago

Domago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

good job, multis will be useful again. -.-'

#4 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

While you're at it, could you add an option to sell or at least donate all kinds of boosters? It would help poorer players to get some cash and richer players to deal more damage.

#5 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

Scary.

screenshot-414.png

#6 Franckie18

Franckie18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

If you're already top hitter and you activate ghost-buster ? 130% damage ?

And are those 30% affected by 50% and 100% boosters ?

#7 Rory Winterbourne II

Rory Winterbourne II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

So lets say you have a top Div one guy + all the packs with a 50% booster, how many people of low strength would it take to equal his damage.

Take this guy https://www.erepubli...profile/6510689

3500*2 energy = 700 hits

156.22M damage

Lets give our new players 1k strength

1k+30% of 119,824 = ~40k per hit with average rank

Not sure how much energy they have, lets say 600*2, so 120 hits

4.8m damage with this booster

It will still take 32 new players with ghost booster to equal that one players damage.

You still think this closes the gap?

#8 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

When activated, the Ghost Booster gives you 30% of the biggest damage/hit of the Citizen who fights in the same Battle, Round, side and Division as you.

So these two players need to fight in the same time?

Or if I hit at the end of the round you calculate the MAX player from all who hit already during the round?

What happens if there isn't a second player? Is the 30% calculated based on my own damage or will the booster be useless?

Posted Image

#9 MohanB

MohanB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

make the division based on damage/hit. it will solve a lot of problems

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

#10 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:06 AM

So if I understood correctly and Tr3LoS was correct in his article, this would be a massive disadvantage for the defending side in military coups. As the default in these situations is that there are mainly foreign-based coups with mainly local players defending it, the ones conducting the coup could use the Ghost Booster while the defenders could not. This is broadly speaking, of course there are global supporters and opponents of the coup. But nevertheless that is the default situation. While smaller nations already have a hard time fending off the threat of foreign coups, is it really necessary to make defending them even harder?

So that leads to the question, are the effects of the boosters fully thought out in regards of every aspect of the game, including dictatorship module and such? Was it on purpose to make coups easier? 

• Riba and hcmadman like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#11 nutty fox

nutty fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

Where do I find this booster? 

I did my daily work and training and received the normal reward but have no idea where this booster is? 

Regards

nutty fox

Problem solved!!!

Edited by nutty fox, 23 March 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#12 lorne11

lorne11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

nothing.

If you want restore normal gameplay, recover work skill

#13 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

i dont understand the restriction on fighting for your country?  seems your afraid small countries can build this up to free them from occupation.

with players building up boosters wont this lead to stack issues where damage is build on damage on damage on damage.

lets say i wait for a player to score 6 billion damage in a battle and i do this 60 times wont this if i use it through a battle lead to massive amounts of damage in subsequent battles.  i just dont want to chase 500 million in each and every battle for a bh medal.

• hcmadman likes this

mh4l.png

#14 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

So if I understood correctly and Tr3LoS was correct in his article, this would be a massive disadvantage for the defending side in military coups. As the default in these situations is that there are mainly foreign-based coups with mainly local players defending it, the ones conducting the coup could use the Ghost Booster while the defenders could not. This is broadly speaking, of course there are global supporters and opponents of the coup. But nevertheless that is the default situation. While smaller nations already have a hard time fending off the threat of foreign coups, is it really necessary to make defending them even harder?

So that leads to the question, are the effects of the boosters fully thought out in regards of every aspect of the game, including dictatorship module and such? Was it on purpose to make coups easier? 

you can fight in any battle but your own nations with the booster.  all of your allies can still fght in your own battle and all of their allies as well.

in fact if your a smaller nation it would be to your advantage lets take ireland v serbia

ireland scores 10 billion in a battle (and cant use boosters) serbia scores 50 billion (and cant use boosters)  therefore the weight of your allies will determine the outcome if serbia has no big allies at that moment whilst ireland can count on bulgaria/chile this may swing it in the favor of the smaller defending nation.

mh4l.png

#15 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

i dont understand the restriction on fighting for your country?  seems your afraid small countries can build this up to free them from occupation.

with players building up boosters wont this lead to stack issues where damage is build on damage on damage on damage.

lets say i wait for a player to score 6 billion damage in a battle and i do this 60 times wont this if i use it through a battle lead to massive amounts of damage in subsequent battles.  i just dont want to chase 500 million in each and every battle for a bh medal.

Rather vice versa, that would only help bigger nations to keep little ones under their thumb if one could use these on the battles of one's own country. Further more, as the restrictions state, the damage has to be done on the same round as you are using the booster. AFAIK it does not affect the damage output in subsequent rounds.

you can fight in any battle but your own nations with the booster.  all of your allies can still fght in your own battle and all of their allies as well.

in fact if your a smaller nation it would be to your advantage lets take ireland v serbia

ireland scores 10 billion in a battle (and cant use boosters) serbia scores 50 billion (and cant use boosters)  therefore the weight of your allies will determine the outcome if serbia has no big allies at that moment whilst ireland can count on bulgaria/chile this may swing it in the favor of the smaller defending nation.

I think you're mixing coups with airstrikes now. The ones doing coups are not usually from the target country and hence could use the booster normally. At the same time, as the majority of defenders are generally from the target country, they could not use the booster. This gives an advantage to the foreign aggressors. 

x + 1,3*y < 1,3*a + 1,3*b, where x is the damage output of the target country's citizens, y their allies', a the damage output of foreign aggressors and b their allies'. Also supposed that x=y=a=b, for the sake of simplicity.

• hcmadman likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#16 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Rather vice versa, that would only help bigger nations to keep little ones under their thumb if one could use these on the battles of one's own country. Further more, as the restrictions state, the damage has to be done on the same round as you are using the booster. AFAIK it does not affect the damage output in subsequent rounds.

I think you're mixing coups with airstrikes now. The ones doing coups are not usually from the target country and hence could use the booster normally. At the same time, as the majority of defenders are generally from the target country, they could not use the booster. This gives an advantage to the foreign aggressors. 

x + 1,3*y < 1,3*a + 1,3*b, where x is the damage output of the target country's citizens, y their allies', a the damage output of foreign aggressors and b their allies'. Also supposed that x=y=a=b, for the sake of simplicity.

defenders can also have foreign soldiers in them i see a lot of multi national mu's.  the idea would be to have up to 50% of your soldiers foreigners.  small countries could also exchange troops for this purpose.  i could take 60 soldiers out of ireland and place it in belgium and they can do the same .  that way we balance out the effect of the update.  if you place each in a regiment of their own with their own captain they can function just the same as before.

mh4l.png

#17 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

defenders can also have foreign soldiers in them i see a lot of multi national mu's.  the idea would be to have up to 50% of your soldiers foreigners.  small countries could also exchange troops for this purpose.  i could take 60 soldiers out of ireland and place it in belgium and they can do the same .  that way we balance out the effect of the update.  if you place each in a regiment of their own with their own captain they can function just the same as before.

I covered that. If the base damage output is equal for both sides, the one doing the coup has the advantage because the defending side has native players and can't use boosters while attackers can. I am not saying smal countries can't organize, it is good if they can. If we just take your example, the smaller country has to cooperate, organize and order its troops far more than the larger nation. Hence they are disadvantaged.

With this update, the natives fighting, wherever and for whatever purpose, are disadvantaged when compared to foreigners they face.

• hcmadman likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#18 Dante Ross

Dante Ross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Just make a pack market. It could be a section on this forum to make contract as old times (you could restrcit it to packs trade only).

How hard is to do it? How much money Plato lost because the scammer didn't bought the pack?

• Zordacz likes this

#19 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

What's this about the 10 million currency scam? Anyone have an article talking about this?

#20 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

What's this about the 10 million currency scam? Anyone have an article talking about this?

if you look at the hint - blitzkrieg pack was extended by 1 day its clear someone offered a lot of packs and then did not deliver and send the money to their real account.

• KIPPERS OF THE MUD likes this

mh4l.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost booster, booster, damage, scam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users