145 replies to this topic

#1 Lozni

Lozni

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Dear Citizens,

Over the next 2 months we plan to roll out a series of changes in order to put more emphasis on the strategy part of the game and address several of eRepublik’s issues as voiced by the Community.

We are presenting a sketch roadmap of the things we are currently working on so you can both have an overview of the things to come and have your say on it.

A new Industry together with its correspondent New Resources will be added to the eRepublik Economy. Countries will be able to fight for the New Resources as part of a fresh Resource Wars event, starting in the following weeks. This remake of the 2015 Resource Wars will bring different rules to the table and a greater focus on strategy and balancing.

The new Industry will significantly change the way the battles are fought and allow new users to matter from their first days, without impacting the fun of the loyal players base.

Once the Resources are allocated and the event is over, bonus productivities of the regions will change, the rare resources regions will have better bonuses than the common ones.

Players’ Companies will no longer travel with them. Companies will be established on firm ground and benefit from the bonuses of the Region/Country they are based in. Taxes will be calculated accordingly and Companies will be subject to trade embargos once again. Players will get to decide where to base their current Companies.

Region specific taxes will follow enabling a higher taxation of occupied territories as spoils of war. As a next step we will be looking at the introduction of Regional Governments with elected officials.

Increased revenue for Country accounts by extending taxation to all the revenue base (Combat Orders and Currency medals), enabling governments to better fund Military Campaigns among other things.

Travel will have changes too, and will no longer be based on arbitrary zones but on Real World distances.

Players that fight in closely contested rounds will get more Prestige Points.

• elbandido, Axithe, Yamisuke and 22 others like this

#2 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

Sounds good so far :)

• Citizen 2806484 likes this

#3 Girona FC

Girona FC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

WTF

#4 theface

theface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

oh, nooo

plzzzz test the changes on a beta server with active players, plzzzzzz

• 1224333, Alex.L, donlaerto and 3 others like this

#5 The DarkKnight Rises

The DarkKnight Rises

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

For the first time in a long time, I'm excited for this game.

• Azure Falcon and John Gregorson like this

520631-1.png

#6 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:39 PM

This all sounds very nice, I have to say. Especially the underlying idea of bringing strategy back. Kudos to the devs and looking forward to seeing it implemented.

Just a man, and his will to survive.

#7 Frank5611

Frank5611

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

Nice change, I am looking forward to it.

The thing I dislike is leaking informations to the certain people who then were able to buy tickets few days ago. Thats just not fair.
  • Endritt Zekka, jaywalker71, Azure Falcon and 6 others like this

#8 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hi, I'm new!

• BlackStormChR, LordJB, Andrea1908 and 1 other like this

ambassador.gif

#9 Severrus Snape

Severrus Snape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

"Once the Resources are allocated and the event is over, bonus productivities of the regions will change, the rare resources regions will have better bonuses than the common ones."

well this is a long awaited, and welcomed change.

I would like to see what you have to offer, and I gotta say, this seems promising. Hope it would be as such in practice as well.

Good luck to us all :) 

#10 rainy sunday

rainy sunday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

this is ___________ .

i am interested.

1528331-2.png

#11 xam xam

xam xam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

nope, you are still not going to take my money with this shitty game.

#12 jaywalker71

jaywalker71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

Tax on medals? Are you sure you're not based in Finland?

• Erius, MaZzA, Zacharia Raven and 2 others like this

#13 Andrea1908

Andrea1908

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMilano

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

This sounds a really good idea....  what's the catch??    :ph34r:

Edited by Andrea1908, 20 April 2016 - 02:53 PM.

• ghishae and Dominikkino like this

#14 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

The thing I dislike is leaking informations to the certain people who then were able to buy tickets few days ago. Thats just not fair.

We're not aware of any information leak to anyone. So if you have any details please do send these over in a ticket or through a PM.

Thank you

#15 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

By the way, slight correction: the Resource Wars event was in 2015, not 2014.

Just a man, and his will to survive.

#16 kamysje

kamysje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

Are you going to do something about unfair number of regions by some countries before resource wars?

• kronos777, s4ndu, Joz76 and 4 others like this

#17 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

Currency medals already give little when converted to gold. After taxation, they will be worth even less. The Visas won't notice it but new players will.

• MaZzA, Edna Uebel, Kendo Yanar and 1 other like this

#18 iDiod

iDiod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

New taxes from CO and medals?really? lol

Edited by iDiod, 20 April 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#19 Severrus Snape

Severrus Snape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

We're not aware of any information leak to anyone. So if you have any details please do send these over in a ticket or through a PM.

Thank you

well it was quite obvious, since Ticket prices hit the roof lately.. for no apparent reason (for the most players :) ).

• Endritt Zekka, Swooshy, Chalco Hills and 3 others like this

#20 BlackStormChR

BlackStormChR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

add this:

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Referendum

referendum (in some countries synonymous with a plebiscite — or a vote on a ballot question) is a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to vote on a particular proposal. This may result in the adoption of a new law.

Some definitions of 'plebiscite' suggest that it is a type of vote to change the constitution or government of a country.[1] Others define it as the opposite.[clarification needed] Australia defines 'referendum' as a vote to change the constitution, and 'plebiscite' as a vote that does not affect the constitution.[2] In contrast, Ireland has only ever held one plebiscite, which was the vote to adopt its constitution, and every other vote has been called a referendum.

Mechanisms of direct democracy are defined as a set of procedures allowing citizens to make political decisions directly through a vote, without the involvement of a parliament or a government. These mechanisms can be grouped conveniently according to who started the call for a vote. The vote can be prescribed by a constitution or a law and, thus, be automatic; it can be triggered without the collection of signatures by the authorities in power (be it a parliament, a government, or often a president); or it can depend on a collection of signatures in order to, on the one hand, block decisions post factum or, on the other hand, introduce legal provisions independent of previous legislative action.[5]

• kronos777, rainy sunday and gudzwabofer like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resources, Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users