I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

I like many of these changes to implement more strategy. Very interesting

Just a thought...

Isn't it kind of redundant to tax CO's??? I pay taxes, the government pays through CO's to fight battles with the tax money they collect from me, then I am taxed again on my earnings? It would be like posting a 40cc combat order with 50% tax and I only keep 20cc. So it's the same as just having a 20cc CO in the first place. So the only reason I can see why they did this was to either have the ability to tax foreign players on CO's depending on the size of the tax rate. And taxing medals can be good and bad. On one hand I now feel like I am taxed for every single click and even when I get an achievement I have to owe the government. But I guess it also makes the government encourage players to get medals. Maybe this means more countries starting wars?

• Joz76 likes this

#62 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

I like many of these changes to implement more strategy. Very interesting

Just a thought...

Isn't it kind of redundant to tax CO's??? I pay taxes, the government pays through CO's to fight battles with the tax money they collect from me, then I am taxed again on my earnings? It would be like posting a 40cc combat order with 50% tax and I only keep 20cc. So it's the same as just having a 20cc CO in the first place. So the only reason I can see why they did this was to either have the ability to tax foreign players on CO's depending on the size of the tax rate. And taxing medals can be good and bad. On one hand I now feel like I am taxed for every single click and even when I get an achievement I have to owe the government. But I guess it also makes the government encourage players to get medals. Maybe this means more countries starting wars?

I guess I was only thinking of taxing CO's for government MU. This could be interesting to see if this decreases private donations in MU's or if it holds government responsible to keep rates low

• UavaG likes this

#63 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

Q5 tickets have been cheaper than Q1 tickets on the big markets - it has been a no-brainer to stock up on Q5 tickets. I myself have thousands stored and those where not bought 5 days ago.

When 'admin' started to present new raw materials on Facebook it was kind of obvious a new industry where going to be implemented. From there its not a long way to tickets.

Regarding the region wars - if you don't give each country the same amount of regions its pointless. Yes, tiny Singapore and enormous Russia should have the same amount of regions. That's the only way eRepublik labs can be successful in having players recruit players to this game – AND SEE THEM STAY. Why should they play it if eUSA or eChina have already 'won' the game by having all resources? A game must be able to be different from IRL and here a small country must be able to be equal with a super power. (Yes eSerbia I know, but that’s because eReplabs haven’t been able to recruit new players since these countries where added and half the country consists of caged-Dinosaurs like myself who are there for the 10/10 bonus and because of Patriot HAHAHA medals.)

Give each country 6 regions or something and let them fight, trade and user their diplomatic skills to get the optimal set. If not - and you combine this with permanently located companies - then 85% of the companies in the game will be in 3-4 eCountries and a big 'Sorry but you lost Cake' will be handled out to the rest of the countries.

I really like that something is happening with the game but I have zero confidence in the developers looking at previous changes. I do not get this 'we have listened to the community' thing. Hire an experienced game developer, let him/her think out a gaming package that goes from A to B to C and make sense. Don't just pick an idea from a 17-year old Finnish guy with a big mouth and have some underpaid Romanian programmer make the change requested.

Surprise me, show some skills and sense for logic. Do it and I’ll buy every God damn meaningless pack you’ll come up with just to show some support.

• Jussi Putin Jernkuuk, Mr. Indigo, Joz76 and 9 others like this

#64 jontexd

jontexd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

This update is a catastrophe for the small countries, where will they get the revenue from when all the company owners from the country are forced to move abroad to countries with guaranteed bonuses.

Maybe I shouldn´t move my companies I thought at first, but then I remembered small countries will have bad bonuses (No  new superbonuses beacuse of risk of wipe), also when bigger countries wipe you will get an extra tax on your already bad producing companies, thats great.

If this update is fully implemented it would make small countries die for real and game will end alot faster then it is currently.

Edited by jontexd, 20 April 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#65 Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

How many years did it take you to figure out that you ruined the game? It's too late, all the guys who were into the economy module have either quit or don't give a shit any more.

• ronnyJnrJnr and jontexd like this

#66 Ignaki

Ignaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

I was invited to this game to vote for friend who wanted to be mayor of Navarre. That was eight years ago. I never thought that i could see a local election again

#67 levski1914

levski1914

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

We do not need new resources.

In order to make the game interesting for everyone you need to set a new divisions by Strength - they could be more than 4.

• jontexd likes this

#68 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

I was invited to this game to vote for friend who wanted to be mayor of Navarre. That was eight years ago. I never thought that i could see a local election again

Jup, I was Mayor in Jamtland - was a while ago.

#69 Soimu Patriei

Soimu Patriei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:05 PM

woohoo, sounds great!

#70 Nikoy

Nikoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

The reason is the new Ghost booster and its properties.

• gudzwabofer likes this

#71 AchillesThessaly

AchillesThessaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:21 PM

I don't like taxes on currency medals + region based companies

#72 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

I also like the idea of having local elections. Maybe this means we will have specific taxes or laws for each region somehow?

#73 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:11 PM

vwMin.gif

After so many years - changes in the economy  :blink: . I'm hyped!

Edited by LIKE A B0SS, 20 April 2016 - 10:11 PM.

screenshot-414.png

#74 Rhual

Rhual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

It's a littlbe bit similar to some old rules which I barked to implement back. You finally try to find some ways out of the disinterest of fights, I just hope these new way will stay longer and you won't hold resources wars in every 2nd years (but it's not too bad tho).

The most interesting change would be getting back the old war rules (activating MPPs, reatreating, etc)!

And not doing it for the detriment of small countries...

1028392-1.png

#75 Prignoto

Prignoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

What about a new distribution of divisions based on the total number of Achievements? 

#76 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

The combat order thing encourages dictatorship even more now. This hurts citizens and also makes it hard to remove a dictator if the dictator has high tax on CO's then any revolution that uses CO's will be at a disadvantage greatly

#77 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:15 PM

Maybe remove dictatorship, if we will have governments in every region?

• Marchao likes this

screenshot-414.png

#78 Piolun

Piolun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

Dear Citizens,

Over the next 2 months we plan to roll out a series of changes in order to put more emphasis on the strategy part of the game and address several of eRepublik’s issues as voiced by the Community.

We are presenting a sketch roadmap of the things we are currently working on so you can both have an overview of the things to come and have your say on it.

A new Industry together with its correspondent New Resources will be added to the eRepublik Economy. Countries will be able to fight for the New Resources as part of a fresh Resource Wars event, starting in the following weeks. This remake of the 2015 Resource Wars will bring different rules to the table and a greater focus on strategy and balancing.(1)

The new Industry will significantly change the way the battles are fought and allow new users to matter from their first days, without impacting the fun of the loyal players base.

Once the Resources are allocated and the event is over, bonus productivities of the regions will change, the rare resources regions will have better bonuses than the common ones.(2)

Players’ Companies will no longer travel with them. Companies will be established on firm ground and benefit from the bonuses of the Region/Country they are based in. Taxes will be calculated accordingly and Companies will be subject to trade embargos once again. Players will get to decide where to base their current Companies.(3)

Region specific taxes will follow enabling a higher taxation of occupied territories as spoils of war. As a next step we will be looking at the introduction of Regional Governments with elected officials.

Increased revenue for Country accounts by extending taxation to all the revenue base (Combat Orders and Currency medals), enabling governments to better fund Military Campaigns among other things.

Travel will have changes too, and will no longer be based on arbitrary zones but on Real World distances. (4)

Players that fight in closely contested rounds will get more Prestige Points. (5)

Ad 1)

I can only hope that it will be more long-term-oriented rather than single week of burning the Energy Bars. Setting the entire geo-politics (via Resource allocation) due to track record of the country for one week, and giving the power of Resource allocation to single president that may be PTOd / Inactive / In Opposition to the other side / Trolling / be puppet of someone else etc. seems like terrible idea.

Punishing some small countries that in future may Baby-Boom only because 'they weren't strong enough on the week of 24.04.2016 -> 31.04.2016 IMO isnt fair either.

There is entire other topic of USA having 50 lands to distribute their Resources on, when some - even of the most powerful eCountries can have 2-6 base regions seem insane, especially as having region as 'core region' and 'region borders' are one of the most important things in the game.

Giving CPs ability to pick resources makes the game even more crazy, as on the point of the day, some countries have to ask their neighbors to 'please, could you kindly grab this resource so we could take it away from you?', which is really stupid - CP of Uruguay or other small country from dude with less income from all taxes than me from my companies, suddenly get the biggest power in the history of the erepublik. The power bigger than 'wipping all the MPPs' from V1 or 'spend all the country treausure'. The entire thing becames huge marketplace of favors and bribes, that pretty often may involve a lot of human drama 'I dont like you neighbor, I wont take it because I dont like you' or 'WTF our June 2016 CP was crazy, we picked him for the lulz and now we are screwed forever"

Ad 2)

Again, there are problems - what do you mean by 'Better Bonuses'? The term itself is vague as hell... From the way its written, I assume that either there will be a dozen of different resources, some more important (and more rare) than the other, or that its basically low-medium-high of V1, but written in the way that noone will get it, and Low/Med/High will all have their own 'fluff names' that in fact will work like Low/Med/High anyway.

Ad 3)

But what if my country doesn't win good bonuses for my companies? Will I be able to change the type of my companies without any cost, locate them out of current borders / core borders (/ on the foreign ground, possibly even 'on the field of my enemy', but paying these taxes to them?).

If I understand you correctly, I will be able to own and selfwork in my companies that are set all over the world, paying taxes in each of them accordingly? Will we be back to the days where companies had their own inventories and bank accounts?

Ad 4)

But... why? I know that current system is a little confusing for the new players, but most of the times we fly not onto the batlefield, but onto the land of our ally to fight the actual battle from the MPP, or just to the land of the country to fight in RW - Real World distances could just make system even more complicated, as having the country with huge regions in erepublik could force you to move huge distances to anywhere (moving from Far Eastern Russia to anywhere (that is - assuming that distance is based on the center point of each region) would be hell.

Also, that pose another question - how will the costing / tickets works? Will the cost be continious or discretized function? That is, 1 RL km = 1 CC, or will there be brackets of distances (very short, short, medium, long, very long, etc.) that will determine the cost?

Game is full of arbitrary game mechanics anyway, putting 'more realistic' system, and combining it with abstract ones wont make game easier to understand nor more realistic :P

Ad 5)

I don't like when game artificially rewards players from doing stuff, and 'close battles' seem like a project of the madman.

People pretty often 'organize epics' - spend hundreds of CC / tanks / damage, just to make battle epic so other could get their prestige bonus.

If close battle means only 'within 49-51%' I can see a player fighting on both sides at the same time just to get artificial bonus. 

The regional taxes themselves should make battles really interesting, adding some rigid barriers 'If there is more than X' etc. only makes system more artificial, confusing and less tactic - as both sides may artificially stop fighting after reaching the barrier of bonus / starting fighting only after the conditions are met, which is IMO what the battles should not be about - they should be about winning the region, and playing around your opponent, reorganizing yourself before the next strike, asking allies for help etc., not a bunch of people fighting on 50.95% and stopping their fighting on 51.00% 'because artificial rewards'.

• sin696 and gudzwabofer like this

#79 Colin Lantrip 3

Colin Lantrip 3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:36 AM

Misho probably has it right.. hopeful but not optimistic.

It'll make it interesting for a least a few days.. we'll see.

• Misho likes this

#80 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

I could have hopes about these updates, but considering past implementations. I'm very skeptical about it.

• Apacer194 likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resources, Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users