145 replies to this topic

#81 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

The stated changes are another nail in the coffin of small countries and even mid-power countries...

What you actually need to do is to fix the game so new players can play the game, and not avoid gaining XP for two or three years.

Balancing the number of regions per country would be a positive thing too.

But no, you are risking big time without touching the core problems of erepublik. You might end up with only 5 or 6 communities left in the game with this change...

Few things keep us around now... mostly inertia and our communities. So, if we lose the means of maintaining our MU and if our country ends up powerless and poor, why should we spend time here instead of in another game?

Please, do rethink things before implementing this change.

• Zordacz and Marchao like this

#82 DacianI

DacianI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:34 AM

Rich countries will be even richer, and poor countries even poorer.

No one will left company in a small/poor territory. Brilliant idea !

• MaZzA, Misho and Marchao like this

#83 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:59 AM

It is funny that people are already whining about the company changes without any details of its implementation. "Change is bad because I don't know what it does!"

Regards,

a player from a small nation

• Swooshy, Bogi, Madafakr and 3 others like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#84 Pedrito de Portugal

Pedrito de Portugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

It is funny that people are already whining about the company changes without any details of its implementation. "Change is bad because I don't know what it does!"

Regards,

Yep, people complain about current game BUT complain about this deep changes on game. People don't like the unknown and new, people like to complain all the time, even when they are wrong. They call it human nature!  :)

Edited by Pedrito de Portugal, 21 April 2016 - 09:14 AM.

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

#85 FightAndProduce

FightAndProduce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

Regards,

Companies are based on the region and the country, taxes are charged for it based on the country, production is going to be calculated based on the bonuses in that country. Pretty clear how its going to be implemented and what its effects are going to be. 

Even if we didn't know these things, who is at fault for the lack of information? Players can only go off of what they are told by eRepublik. 

#86 Golika

Golika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

And for the love of God please:

NO MORE 100%/100%/100% bonus for USA without any effort!!! They don't even have to lift a finger and they have everything!!!

Russia: 17M km2, 12 regions
China: 10M km2, 13 regions
Brasil: 8.5M km2, 6 regions...

...USA: 9.8M km2, 51 regions

Hey admins, correct this bulls**t!!!

• Zordacz, dodial, MaZzA and 4 others like this

#87 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

Increased revenue for Country accounts by extending taxation to all the revenue base (Combat Orders and Currency medals)

I don't like that only currency medals are taxed, but gold medals aren't. Players from the lower divisions win gold medals every day several times and those like me in D4, only win TP medals every other day. This change won't balance the divisions. 

screenshot-414.png

#88 gudzwabofer

gudzwabofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMerry old land of Oz

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:03 AM

As someone else I think was referring to, the spike in moving ticket demand was easily predicted by the ghost booster properties, as people are required to be located in one of the countries to use them (not just via MPP), and they can't use them to fight for their home country. The drop in Q7 weapon demand is the other fallout from this, as low strength players no longer have much of an incentive to use them.

I'm interested to see the changes to companies and resources, hopefully there will be specific resources required to build each product, this together with some smaller countries gaining the rarer resources could balance the field.

I would still prefer an admin reallocation based on realism and balance. For example the eUSA should have a grain belt of  9-14 regions, which would significantly cut down their bonus potential, even before you take into account other resources.

Also some regions could have manufacturing bonuses, while others have raw materials bonuses.

And further on the region division bs that we all know and hate, eAustralia should have the Australian Capital Territory as a separate region and capital, which as a resource produces that very same bs.

Edited by gudzwabofer, 21 April 2016 - 10:12 AM.

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

#89 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

All these changes seem to be interesting. Firstly, because you seem to be working on something new (especially for the economy module) which means that you more or less "care". 

Secondly, because this seems to be a whole new big series of changes in the game. 

However, I have some concerns:

a) Since you are pre-announcing all these changes and give a time-window of 2months till their deployment, I would suggest (and expect) that you will SERIOUSLY consider the feedback that you get from here (and elsewhere). That means that on one hand you should provide answers to the concerns raised by players. On the other hand, you might actually do some "tweaks" in your proposals instead of blindly enforcing them.

B) It would be nice to provide some additional details on the changes that you propose before actually deploying them. Therefore, players can give you more detailed feedback and you will be able to make adjustments before actually deploying the changes.

c) Since, you are going to do some "radical" changes I would also suggest to give some trial period, and make additional adjustments based on this feedback.

d) It would be nice, to present to players a nice plan and timeline of your ideas. For instance, you may say (as you did) that in the following 2 months these will happen. But for instance, you can say that you will provide 1-2 weeks to collect  initial feedback (before deployment) and a couple of weeks doing the final adjustments (based on feedback) and then actually deploy. Then you could also say that after the deployment a trial period of e.g. 1 month would be applied where you will collect feddback and also evaluate your new changes. After this a new series of improvements could be announced, discussed and then enforced.

I know that, this model would take more time. Moreover, I know that this kind of feedback will interfere with your internal design and development model. However, I think that it is time to have a more open debate on the game mechanics and changes in order to improve the overall experience. At the end of the day, the design choices are yours, what I am asking for is some "time" and "space" for feedback from players. I bet that there will be at least a small set of comments/ideas/adjustments (out of the huge pile of comments) that you would agree with and that you have not foreseen in your plans.  However, I believe that this is critical since the whole game experience is actually getting worse over time. Thus, improvements (player-friendly) should be done. 

• Marchao likes this

#90 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Will we be able to change the region of our companies? This might be a game killer for me and my MU if we can't change their location.

More information as of that will be released closer to the release date.

Please do not kill even more the small countries!!! 

Players’ Companies will no longer travel with them. So everybody will send their companies to 100/100 bonus countries. 

Please make something for small countries, you don't even give us ORGs to the new countries!!!! 

This update is a catastrophe for the small countries, where will they get the revenue from when all the company owners from the country are forced to move abroad to countries with guaranteed bonuses.

Maybe I shouldn´t move my companies I thought at first, but then I remembered small countries will have bad bonuses (No  new superbonuses beacuse of risk of wipe), also when bigger countries wipe you will get an extra tax on your already bad producing companies, thats great.

If this update is fully implemented it would make small countries die for real and game will end alot faster then it is currently.

Rich countries will be even richer, and poor countries even poorer.

No one will left company in a small/poor territory. Brilliant idea !

If you consider all of the changes related to the taxation, it should create a balance in the end. Very likely that most players would move all of their companies to bigger countries to get better bonuses, meaning these countries will get the money out of it. At the same time, the small countries will still be gaining money to their country treasury via taxation of combat orders or currency medals, so in the long run these countries would still have an income.

I don't like that only currency medals are taxed, but gold medals aren't. Players from the lower divisions win gold medals every day several times and those like me in D4, only win TP medals every other day. This change won't balance the divisions. 

True, it is harder to get Battle Hero hero medals in the higher divisions, which is what you're referring to I guess. At the same time 2 battle hero medals in D4 will give you 10 gold, but for a D1 player to get the 10 gold they will need to get 5 medals. So in the long run, most of the time there would be similar energy consumption in comparison to amount of gold gained.

#91 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:06 PM

If you consider all of the changes related to the taxation, it should create a balance in the end. Very likely that most players would move all of their companies to bigger countries to get better bonuses, meaning these countries will get the money out of it. At the same time, the small countries will still be gaining money to their country treasury via taxation of combat orders or currency medals, so in the long run these countries would still have an income.

How many COs did you think were placed in small countries in the last year?

How much profit can be made? Enough to do what? To sign an MPP? To declare a war? To launch an AirStrike?

What currency medals when half the small countries don't even exists on the map 60-70% of the time?

And if they do exist how many have active long duration wars?

Are we talking about eRepublik or you are talking about another theoretical game?

• MaZzA and gudzwabofer like this

Posted Image

#92 FightAndProduce

FightAndProduce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

It should create a balance? So things will stay exactly the same for the small countries at best. Why make the changes then? Keeping things the same income wise for smaller countries won't create strategy, and what you're basically laying out is the rich countries getting richer and the poor countries maybe staying the same at best. 

That is bearing in mind these taxes actually help the smaller countries.

News flash, they won't.

In smaller countries, CO's are going to be needed to defend themselves. They're mostly going to be run by the government, if they are run at all, so taxing their own CO's is ludicrous, taxing private MU CO's would make money but end up discouraging those MU's from putting up CO's. Therefore, most small countries will end up having no tax on CO's, or such a small amount that it will not make up for the losses made by the changes to companies. 

Medal tax won't end up benefiting small countries much either, less citizens = less people getting cc medals. Even at a high rate of taxation (implying that people would ever allow having their medals being taxed by their governments) it will yet again make a negligible amount of money, not making up for the losses made by changes to companies.

An ever growing gap between the big nations and the small nations certainly will not create strategy. I wish the pretences about "strategy" would be dropped and the real reason for these changes would be made apparent - they want more money from the big countries, no financial reason to make things possible for the small countries.

Edited by FightAndProduce, 21 April 2016 - 01:14 PM.

• MaZzA and gudzwabofer like this

#93 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Companies are based on the region and the country, taxes are charged for it based on the country, production is going to be calculated based on the bonuses in that country. Pretty clear how its going to be implemented and what its effects are going to be.

Even if we didn't know these things, who is at fault for the lack of information? Players can only go off of what they are told by eRepublik.

- Do you know how the bonuses will work in future?
- Do you know about the precise mechanics of the calculations?
- Do you know the mechanics and limitations regarding moving your companies from a nation to another?
- Do you know how the new battle system will affect the production?

I assume answer to each of these questions is a no for now. Therefore one shouldn't really condemn the proposed sketches. I came up with those as I wrote this, there is a vast number of other considerations outside them.

I prefer eRelabs notifying us prior to the implementation, even vaguely, to that they would just do all this without notice during some day change. Now they have the possibility to receive feedback and react accordingly. I just hope they will be able to filter off all the nonsense shouted in here.

How much profit can be made? Enough to do what? To sign an MPP? To declare a war? To launch an AirStrike?

What currency medals when half the small countries don't even exists on the map 60-70% of the time?

Are we talking about eRepublik or you are talking about another theoretical game?

Do you know how precisely will the CO tax work? It might take into account CO's set by every MU of a certain nation. Or all CO's placed in favor of a certain nation. Or all CO's placed against a certain nation. Or all CO's placed in a core region of a certain nation. Or something completely different. Same goes for FightAndProduce. You do not have the slightest idea of how those changes you mention will work, so complaining about the alleged consequences of the changes is just plain useless.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 21 April 2016 - 01:49 PM.

• Melmis likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#94 VoodooMike71

VoodooMike71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationeUK

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

Interesting.

By looks like another missed opportunity to link Division to strength rather than XP.

• Marchao and gudzwabofer like this

Omnia mihi lingua Graeca sunt

:blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:

#95 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:03 PM

The genious behind this idea obviously have no idea of the function of the game.

- Small countries burn most of their income on MPP's.

'Balance it out in the end' Ok, let those six words sink in for a while. Count to 10. Slow.

Ok, how did the last change 'balance it out in the end' time for a questionmark here. The answer is obvious for everyone actually plaing the game: THEY DID NOT BALANCE OUT!

And how did admin solve this? They did not solve it. Serbia and USA have had 10/10 'all the time' and been rich and active. Most other countries have seen their communities and web forums die out. Because most players have left and moved to the 10/10 rich countries and then realized that its very difficult to be involved in the communities there due to language difficulties and or differences in time zones. So they two click and wait for a change or quit and go to a game which is actually lead by a game developer who does thing and not blindly guess based on some home made theory.

Edited by Misho, 21 April 2016 - 02:04 PM.

• Jussi Putin Jernkuuk, Mr. Indigo, pianfar and 7 others like this

#96 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:13 PM

If tickets are suddenly grabbed from the market, then you had a leak. Isn't that obvious?

you don't have to explain it to them so much

they know (and you know they know as well) and it's been going on since forever

they just choose to act dumb (kindergarten strategy, right here)

• Dizzy Duck likes this

#97 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

Q5 tickets have been cheaper than Q1 tickets on the big markets - it has been a no-brainer to stock up on Q5 tickets. I myself have thousands stored and those where not bought 5 days ago.

When 'admin' started to present new raw materials on Facebook it was kind of obvious a new industry where going to be implemented. From there its not a long way to tickets.

Regarding the region wars - if you don't give each country the same amount of regions its pointless. Yes, tiny Singapore and enormous Russia should have the same amount of regions. That's the only way eRepublik labs can be successful in having players recruit players to this game – AND SEE THEM STAY. Why should they play it if eUSA or eChina have already 'won' the game by having all resources? A game must be able to be different from IRL and here a small country must be able to be equal with a super power. (Yes eSerbia I know, but that’s because eReplabs haven’t been able to recruit new players since these countries where added and half the country consists of caged-Dinosaurs like myself who are there for the 10/10 bonus and because of Patriot HAHAHA medals.)

Give each country 6 regions or something and let them fight, trade and user their diplomatic skills to get the optimal set. If not - and you combine this with permanently located companies - then 85% of the companies in the game will be in 3-4 eCountries and a big 'Sorry but you lost Cake' will be handled out to the rest of the countries.

I really like that something is happening with the game but I have zero confidence in the developers looking at previous changes. I do not get this 'we have listened to the community' thing. Hire an experienced game developer, let him/her think out a gaming package that goes from A to B to C and make sense. Don't just pick an idea from a 17-year old Finnish guy with a big mouth and have some underpaid Romanian programmer make the change requested.

Surprise me, show some skills and sense for logic. Do it and I’ll buy every God damn meaningless pack you’ll come up with just to show some support.

I agree with everything you see, except the logic in the first one regarding the tickets. How does the talk about a new resource affect the q5 tickets prices?! :| (I would have understood if you said tanks or other raws....but tickets?! come on, who are you fooling?)

#98 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

How many years did it take you to figure out that you ruined the game? It's too late, all the guys who were into the economy module have either quit or don't give a shit any more.

I still give a shit and I was one of the guru*** guys in work skill with 0 intention to go through the military module

I will give a shit again if they fix that crap of what they call economy 

#99 Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

And how did admin solve this? They did not solve it. Serbia and USA have had 10/10 'all the time' and been rich and active. Most other countries have seen their communities and web forums die out. Because most players have left and moved to the 10/10 rich countries and then realized that its very difficult to be involved in the communities there due to language difficulties and or differences in time zones. So they two click and wait for a change or quit and go to a game which is actually lead by a game developer who does thing and not blindly guess based on some home made theory.

Furthermore, the guys who have left the small countries will probably never return, as it's too late for them to start over collecting true patriot points.

I also highly doubt these changes will bring back strategy, those days are gone for good. Alliances have no real goals, and people fight ONLY for CO's and TP medals, and occasionally for BH and CH medals. Nobody will fight for a "brother" or any other sort of ally unless they get paid for it. The game mechanics made whores out of everyone and killed the merc communities, along with many other subcommunities.

There will of course be turmoil when the new regions come out, and the strong countries will grab what they need, and small countries with valuable regions will be permawiped, as they always have been.

• Misho and Thelnegaardx like this

#100 Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Jussi Putin Jernkuuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

I still give a shit and I was one of the guru*** guys in work skill with 0 intention to go through the military module

I will give a shit again if they fix that crap of what they call economy 

Well I won't. For me it's too late.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resources, Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users