• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#41 Maximo Sierra

Maximo Sierra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:44 PM

Could I put my companies in more than one country?

Edited by Maximo Sierra, 30 April 2016 - 10:21 PM.

• Misho and Exalted Druid like this

#42 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

How in the heck are the Euro regions supposed to figure this out? It appears like this is going to result in some massive chaos.

I like the complexity, but there is too much false complexity added due to unclear information.

As I read it, the maximum bonus is going to be 75%, since a Very Rare and a Rare will not be permitted in the same region. So 30+20+15+10= 75% bonus maximum.

Also, many good questions were raised so far. Can Plato not see that he is abusing a passionate player base? I swear if Coca Cola treated its customers this way we'd all drink Pepsi.

• fr3edom and Misho like this

#43 Major Trite

Major Trite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:22 AM

@Gnilraps, you forget new coke, coke did treat it's customers "this" way, made pepsi very happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

"However, the American public's reaction to the change was negative, even hostile, and the new cola was a major marketing failure."

#44 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

How in the heck are the Euro regions supposed to figure this out? It appears like this is going to result in some massive chaos.

Simple.

They just got occupy the USA, China, Russia, India and any South American country that ends up with good bonus.

• Major Trite likes this

#45 Custo

Custo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

I am kinda confused by Company placement statement and how resources will affect production.

1. Since rare and very rare can't be placed together... the max possible bonus in a region for any resource is 30+20+15+10=75%? Can someone from the top confirm this?

1a. Or will a country bonus apply?

1b. Will there be an option for refund of gold for creation of a company, since this drastic change may mean that people may be forced to make companies in enemy regions.

1c. Seems a bit similar to erepublik V1.

2. Soooo.. Europe gets to have only one or two "very rare" resource due to the radius limitations?

2a. What if two countries (ex France and Switzerland) get same rare resource - is it a race to place it, or only one country can get it within a certain circle?

2b Further to 2a - how do you plan to account for ability of countries to place that resource on different sides of their territory, thus changing the radius of available resource placement?

2c Further to 2a. If both France and Switzerland gets same very rare resource and only one can place it... what happens to the other rare resource?

A bit confused here... almost seems that the idea wasn't fully thought out.. or are the details being withheld on purpose(like hoping players find holes in the new rules)?

Edited by Custo, 01 May 2016 - 02:56 AM.

• Misho likes this

#46 Endritt Zekka

Endritt Zekka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPrishtina

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

And what if a country doesn't win any token?

It won't have bonuses or the unclaimed resources will be randomly distributed among those countries ?

7178660-2.png

#47 PolyMaX

PolyMaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

This Resource War is the good idea, but the problem is :

"Dates

The Resource Wars will start on the 6th of May and will run for the entire presidential term."

Why the 6th of May ? Why not the 7th of May ? Because the new CP won't be elected in the 6th but will start his term the 7th.

Also it means that countries under Dictatorship will have an advantage because the Dictator will remain the same, and in Democratic countries there will be a change of CP.

So there will be inequalities between Dictatorship and Democracies, so for more equality and a better organization please it would be better to start the event the 7th or the 8th.

• gudzwabofer likes this

#48 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

This remake of the 2015 Resource Wars will bring [...] focus on strategy and balancing.

You Liers!

Countries with a small amount of regions will still have a "reallife-given" disadvantage, but now small countries by surface, and even more so clusters of them, will have even larger disadvantages than before.

Ingame countries have to suffer from reallife circumstances.

How can they compensate these circumstances with strategy? Impossible.

What did you do to balance these disadvantages? Nothing.

How can a "small" country with a lot of recource tokens make use of their success? Not at all.

Edited by Marcel the Great, 01 May 2016 - 10:46 PM.

• Niemand, Misho and Marchao like this

#49 VyC ARG

VyC ARG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:06 AM

Please adm, could you be more clear to all of us!! We are 5 days from the beggining of the changes and we re wasting money buying golds and we dont understand  half of the changes.

1) The radious of the resources are only for neighbour countries or do they affect our own country?? More clear: Can we choose "very rare" weapons bonus and "rare" weapons bonus in the same region ??? (max bonus will change from 75% to 90% when you answer me)

2) In case a country conquer a land of another country which has some bonuses. What would happen to those which have their factories there??

a) Will playes that have their factories there loose some bonus or will nothing change for them?

b.)The country which conquers that land, will win anything (about bonus) or do they only win de % of that country incomes??

3) Domination points: Wiki says that domination points are those 1800 points each div gets at every round. So, if it were like this, you can just make a sum an see that a country with 3 own battles (directs or rws) would be able to get their first 30.000 domination points in less than two winner rounds!!! It doesnt sounds much equal cause"rare resources" would be over in less than 3 hours and would be a great benefit for those countries which wake up at 00hs eR time!!!!

So please explain if Domination Points will be like im saying or if im mistaken.

thx

Edited by VyC ARG, 02 May 2016 - 03:01 AM.

• Millo75 likes this

#50 gudzwabofer

gudzwabofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMerry old land of Oz

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

While I'm not an admin, I can hopefully shed light on a couple.

1) Yes, the only issue is that two identical resources cannot be placed too near. For example, you cannot put two deers within 1000km of each other (presumably deer are very territorial!)

2) Factories will stay, but the conquering country will collect the taxes. There are however some vague things about how country/regional governments will operate with each other.

3) Resources of each type will I assume be spaced over the month and only be released into the pool at set times, although it doesn't say whether an exact time will be given or whether it will be random within that 12 hour window. The very rare resources will likely be snapped up within a few hours of being released into the pool as you say so there is a lot of timing involved in when you gain your tokens.

#51 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

4 questions - 0 answers. Please reply ... :/

1) Will there be an option for CPs/Dictators to donate tokens to other countries?

2) Will we be able to see other countries' token bids in real time, just like in 2015?

3) Will we be able to know the schedule of upcoming tokens in advance? Other than the 12 hours rule, at least the structure of new tokens (i.e. 1 very rare per 12 hour block).

4) How many resources will be available in a 12 hour period?

Just a man, and his will to survive.

#52 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:57 PM

Does this:" After the event ends, the Company owners will have to establish their Companies in the Regions of their choice in order to benefit from the new bonuses." mean that resources are allocated and the companies are allocated and this is permanent- if region is occupied than also the companies are occupied "bound to the region"?

Can a player place multiple companies in different regions?

And one irrelevant question- will there be buy back period for the current companies in case we want to switch the production line?

You will be able to place your companies in different countries.

If country has 4 regions it can put 4 resources in one region? Total 16 resources? With distance limitations?

Up to 4 DIFFERENT resources can be placed in the same Region.

A Country can not assign more resources than the number of its historical (original) regions (unless it has less than 4 regions, in which case it can assign 4 resources).

When you say minimum distance between resources is that regions for resources?
More exactly...can you have a very rare and rare resource for the same industry in the same region?

A very rare resource only locks very rare resources of the same industry. A rare resource locks rare resources of the same industry. A very rare and a rare resource of the same industry can be placed in the same region.

Ok, what is the Max bonus in one region?

120% with the 4 very rare resources or

90% with the 4 best resources?

A region with a very rare, a rare, an uncommon and a common of the same industry will boost productivity with 90%. A region with 4 very rare resources will boost each industry with 30%.

Question: will there be an option for CPs/Dictators to donate tokens to other countries?

It was possible during the last Resource Wars, I just don't see it mentioned here.

No.

A few more questions, while I'm awaiting answers about token donation:

- Will we be able to see other countries' token bids, just as last time?

- Will we be able to know the schedule of upcoming tokens in advance? Not just 12 hours, because that makes it impossible to start a battle that finishes in time. If not, then people with inside information (and yes, I noticed the Romanian-initiated coup in Singapore 5 minutes before the 1million CC change) can start battles for very rare resources at the time when others do not know about that yet. If the window was 24 hours, it would give everyone equal chances.

Everybody will be able to see other countries’ list of claimed resources. Keep in mind that the president/cp will be able to change the preferences at any time. 

Winning tokens is not conditioned on winning battles (not even rounds). Even assuming that a country has a single battle and loses all the rounds but gets to do an average 1250 domination points / division/ round, that would translate into at least 5000 domination points every 2 hours, enough to get a token after 12h.

Third question post (hope you reply to the previous two as well):

How large will be the resource selection in a 12 hour period?

It all depends of the options of the countries that get tokens during that period. If they claim resources from the pool, those will no longer be available. Resources are added to the pool during the span of the event and removed when countries claims them.

You just copy and pasted it from the ingame information, it was equivocal there, why do you think that it's understandable here? :)

A very rare resource only locks very rare resources of the same industry. A rare resource locks rare resources of the same industry. A very rare and a rare resource of the same industry can be placed in the same region.

I have food rare and food very rare.

So, if I set first the very rare the radius for the rare will be 1000 km?

If I set first the rare the radius for the very rare will be 500 km?

You understand our dilemma?

Or the radius must be between rare and another rare OR very rare with another very rare... case in which a rare and a very rare could go in the same region...

Could I put my companies in more than one country?

Yes.

• mun4oo likes this

#53 Antonio Wimer

Antonio Wimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

So what you're saying is, there's no way to have 100% anymore... ? If productivity is region based, resources won't be connected in the future? No point in conquering a region that has some other resource if it doesn't add to yours....in example: Country A has DEER region=30%, Country B has Grain region=20%. Is there any benefit for Country A to conquer the B's region?

Is this supposed to boost farmville or stop it? Am I missing something?

Edited by Antonio Wimer, 02 May 2016 - 01:50 PM.

• Alex.L likes this

#54 Kemal Ergenekon

Kemal Ergenekon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Locationhttp://inciswf.com/1304375737.swf

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

Lozni, we do not understand the wording of the in-game announcement. Could you please help us understand?

When does the dictator/president choose the regions to assign the resources? Before or after having earned the tokens? When are the tokens placed in the regions?

What does it mean to process "from top to bottom" and "right to left"? When does the actual placement happen, when every resource token has been claimed by the countries in the world, or when a country has gathered all the tokens they can actually place?

" Once a Resource Token is available for each resource available in the resource pool" -> we don't understand what this means.

Why are these questions ignored?

#55 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the detailed answers, really appreciate it!

As for the number of resources in a 12 hour period I wanted to know how much there are initially (before any of them is claimed by countries).

Just a man, and his will to survive.

#56 Soldier Unknown

Soldier Unknown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

So what you're saying is, there's no way to have 100% anymore... ? If productivity is region based, resources won't be connected in the future? No point in conquering a region that has some other resource if it doesn't add to yours....in example: Country A has DEER region=30%, Country B has Grain region=20%. Is there any benefit for Country A to conquer the B's region?

Is this supposed to boost farmville or stop it? Am I missing something?

+1

reshout -

#57 Flying Cangaroo

Flying Cangaroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Dear Admins,

there are a lot of open point to be clarified, so please answe all these questions regarding Resource Wars:

1. After the event i can deploy my factories, ok. But where? Onyl in my original country? Or only in my current country? Or anywhere even into a enemey country?
2. All my factories will be placed in the same regio, or i can choose a different regio for each buliding?
3. If we lose a region with one or more of my factories, can i work in my factory? Or can my workers work in those factories too?
4. Remains the work ticket system or will it be changed?
5. If i deployed my factories to a location, can i change its position later?
6. When no, does it mean, there will be an individual separate factory-market per region?
7. Can i migrate my present factories to the new industry after the event?
8. What is this resource pool for? And what does this prediction of 12 hours mean? Does it mean, we won a token, but we cannot chose any resources (e.g. rare food), only from a restricted set of resoucres available (e.g. only common house res.)? And if we want our rare food, we may have to wait for days or week until it will be available to choose?
9. Will all of the capitals receive the fish as resource by default?
10. Why dont you update the in game Resource Wars description based on the frequent questions? 

Bonus question: Why dont you feel unfair that USA will get 50 resources, but fior example Russia or Brazil so few? Its a great time to change this injustice in this game! But you missed it again! :(

thanks and kind regards,
FC

#58 Raima

Raima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

1. from 6 th of May (when event starts) old resources will be lost (replaced) ? or we will just fight for tokens and who want only they change resources with won tokens?
2. if new resources will be "allocated" in first week for example - will be their an option to change this allocation later ? (if i will change my mind for example)

#59 Guijon Hidekel

Guijon Hidekel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

ASK: bonus. ¿Country bonus will exist? If I have a weapons factory, in a region (of my citizenship) with 10% bonus, like Iron, BUT my country (citizenship country) won a war and conquer a region with Rubber, do my weapons factory remain with 10% bonus, or I obtain 40% weapons bonus (30% conquered + 10% original)?

#60 Aquila Grant

Aquila Grant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:28 AM

Here's my interpretation of how the new resource bonus will work.  Admin, please correct as required.

Let's look at how Bonuses work in a single industry in the eWorld today:

• Each unique Resource in a region connected to the Country Capital, Bonus = 20%
    • If duplicate Resource present in the Country, doesn't matter, Bonus still = 20%
  • Region with Resource not able to trace path to Capital, Bonus = 50% x Resource Bonus, or 10%
    • If duplicate of same resource unconnected, doesn't matter, Bonus till = 10%
  • Take highest bonus where duplicate resources exist
  • At least five unique resources, Max Bonus = 5 x 20% = 100%

Some examples

Suppose a country has 6 resources, of which 3 are unique

1)  Fish;  Path = Yes; rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 20%; apply 20%

2)  Fish;  Path = Yes; rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 20%; apply  0%  (already have Fish)

3)  Fish;  Path = No;   rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 10%; apply 0%  (already have Fish)

4)  Cattle; Path = No; rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 10%; apply 10% (no path to Capital)

5)  Grain; Path = No; rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 10%; apply 0% (already have better Grain -- see below)

6)  Grain; Path = Yes; rarity = n/a; Base = 20%; Bonus = 20%; apply 20%

In this situation, this country would offer a 50% Bonus for the Food Industry.

Now let's look at the new method -- exact same situation.  Let's just look at the three contributing Resources

1) Fish; Path = Yes; rarity = v. common; Base = 10%; Bonus = 10%; apply 10%  (Fish is no longer worth the standard 20%)

4) Cattle; Path = No; rarity = uncommon; Base = 20%; Bonus = 10%; apply 10% (no path to Capital, bonus cut in half)

6) Grain; Path = Yes; rarity = rare;   Base = 25%; Bonus = 25%; apply 25%

In this situation, this country would apply a 45% Bonus for the Food Industry

Suppose Region 6 was conquered, Region 5's Grain would "kick in "

5) Grain; Path = No; rarity = rare; Base = 25%; Bonus = 12.5%; apply 12.5%

Net result is to lose 12.5% bonus (12.5% = add 12.5% subtract 25%), so now the country would only apply a 32.5% bonus

Notice, if all 5 resources are in the country and have a path to the Capital, the Bonus would be 100%, as it is today.

If Plato really wanted to make it complex, the reduction for lack of path to the capital could be based on distance to capital:  <1000km, reduce by 25%, 1000 to <2000km, reduce by 50%, 2000 to <3000km reduce by 75%, and so on,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users