•     

Photo

Strength Update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Strength Update

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should they implement this idea?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

To help new players while still giving old players an advantage, there can be changes made. I suggest something where the more strength you have, the less strength you gain per day. So maybe every 10,000 strength decreases your Strength gain per day by 5% or something. This slows down old players and helps new players catch up while still allowing older players to always have more strength than the younger ones. What do you think?

• Cabii96 likes this

#2 Foxti

Foxti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

It should be a "pollution" formula added to the Strength. The more you fight today on the battlefield the less Strength you can gain next day.

This way you need to pick what you want to do. As a low Strength player you are forced to just train and the big players fight non-stop with scripts, so this is better then your proposal.

I want a prize for this one so Plato feel free to donate some gold to me.

#3 Gueneo

Gueneo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

In the past it works like this, as you can read in some old tutorial.
Yes for me

#4 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

I gained 0.01 strenght per day for 100 days.

Now look at my character, read that^^ line again.

No player in this game has worked more days than me and still I'm not the strongest and if you look at the percentage difference it has decreased for every time the admin has increased the strenght you could gain per day.

Again - it took me 100 days to gain 1.00 in Strenght. Now you can get 90 in one day.

#5 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

I gained 0.01 strenght per day for 100 days.

Now look at my character, read that^^ line again.

No player in this game has worked more days than me and still I'm not the strongest and if you look at the percentage difference it has decreased for every time the admin has increased the strenght you could gain per day.

Again - it took me 100 days to gain 1.00 in Strenght. Now you can get 90 in one day.

Do you actually use the training facilities???  :huh:

Your equation would only be possible if you do not gain from events/mission/tournaments, you do not do your daily tasks nor fight once in a while.

How many times in those 100 days have you been playing?

You do know this suggestion is for those who do want to gain strength.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#6 Master_rg

Master_rg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

Basically strength isn't the real problem: The problem is the way how divisions are handled right now.

Just an example: If the divisions would be calculated dynamically dependent on the strength, the whole system could be more fairer - because right now the division is just calculated by your level which, on the other hand, isn't one of the main factors on the battlefield.

So instead of using a value which isn't really connected to the damage / battle stuff (hi at level), they may should consider using the strength.

And as I said: The strength for every division would need to be calculated dynamically in order to prevent users from staying in a lower division.. but of course people which are near the strength limit of a division may hop from one division to another for some days, dependent on the division calculation - but this shouldn't be a real problem.

However, this may results in a small issue:

A possible problem could be a loss of income due to the Infantry Kit which would be nonsense after such an update. eRepublik could then add a new pack with e.g. faster strength gain (but also an increase of the needed strength points in order to receive a Super Soldier medal), to avoid this problem.

(Just an idea)

Edited by Master_rg, 08 July 2016 - 10:54 AM.

• jhon247 likes this

Find useful eRepublik tools at www.eRepublik-Deutschland.de

3450472-1.png

#7 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

Basically strength isn't the real problem: The problem is the way how divisions are handled right now.

Just an example: If the divisions would be calculated dynamically dependent on the strength, the whole system could be more fairer - because right now the division is just calculated by your level which, on the other hand, isn't one of the main factors on the battlefield.

So instead of using a value which isn't really connected to the damage / battle stuff (hi at level), they may should consider using the strength.

And as I said: The strength for every division would need to be calculated dynamically in order to prevent users from staying in a lower division.. but of course people which are near the strength limit of a division may hop from one division to another for some days, dependent on the division calculation - but this shouldn't be a real problem.

However, this may results in a small issue:

A possible problem could be a loss of income due to the Infantry Kit which would be nonsense after such an update. eRepublik could then add a new pack with e.g. faster strength gain (but also an increase of the needed strength points in order to receive a Super Soldier medal), to avoid this problem.

(Just an idea)

I had a similar idea.

If you added the total number of players up in the world then divided by 4. You could set that as a maximum limit per division. This will evenly split up all the players into divisions. Then if you sort them via their strength you end up with a much more fairer and new player friendly system. As new players join the higher strength players will possibly move up a division, as you lose players the low strength players from the next divisions will possibly move down.

The biggest problem with this would be that the only way to change divisions would be to stop training or if they brought out a training pack like you suggested. Otherwise they'd probably be stuck in 1 division for a long time. But there's no harm in erep putting this to a trial test to see what happens.

Edited by jhon247, 19 July 2016 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users