135 replies to this topic

#41 mun4oo

mun4oo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

This is really bad. That makes div1-div3 even more irrelevant. Most BH hunters from the lower divisions spent a lot of money to stay there, where they are and in the same time get stronger and stronger.

So they need to decide:

1. Screw my division and what I have been waiting for. let's go fly airplanes from now on.

2. Screw airplanes, I don't want to get XP.

Most of them will take the second choice.

And THAT means, that you won't have many d1-d3 fighting in airplane battles, which makes strong div4 countries even stronger.

You really should think this through. This won't end good.

100k++ strength and fighting in the same division as the noobs from yesterday??? sounds fun for the new players, right?

you will have the opportunity to fight with tanks only and lag behind the new players. that sounds ok. stay where you are or move along.

#42 Sweet Drinker

Sweet Drinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

Does this mean that there is no point in me buying IK's anymore if I start fighting in airwars?

Or does it mean I need to buy a supplementary pack in order to remain a low div tank + play in airwars?

Edited by Sweet Drinker, 15 July 2016 - 08:21 PM.

• FRITZHILL likes this

#43 Jahn Dusenbery

Jahn Dusenbery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

If you are going to go thru with this, and expect the lower divisions to care, dump the idea of the new training ground, make all divisions have equal damage with airplanes. This update heavily favors D4 players as it is written, cause they have the most generally to spend. If you want to keep the other divisions relevent, dump the training grounds for airplanes. They are going to spending more than enough just to try to get the airplanes. Also lower the domination threshhold to 11 rather than 22, 22 is freakin ridiculous

Edited by Jahn Dusenbery, 15 July 2016 - 07:52 PM.

• warriorMKD likes this

#44 FalkonESP

FalkonESP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

So, will be there normal rounds, and aircraft rounds?, and change division will be only available in aircraft rounds?

#45 Foxti

Foxti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

So, will be there normal rounds, and aircraft rounds?, and change division will be only available in aircraft rounds?

Whay do you understand from this?:

"Aircraft battles are part of the regular Campaign, mixed with regular Tank Battles at a ratio of 1 to 3 (after each 3 Tank Battles the fourth one will be an Aircraft Battle)."

• Gucio likes this

#46 Ouzsy

Ouzsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

Why are you bitching? It is written by admins they have not decided what to do, because they are waiting for feedbacks from us! I know they made a lot mistakes, and sometimes they have very "interesting" policies, or strange thinkings, but now I think they are trying to do their best.
So stop bitching and tell your opinion. Try to make it something more than the usual "this sucks", "plato is an asshole" and "I will quit".

So far I find this "update-post" detailed and it tries to answer many questions. A well formed announcement.
I also think it's english is quite okay, there are no hard-to-understand gibberish yada-yada. It is clear and understandable.

This is how you should do it! Hats up to eRLabs!

I hope the new Aircraft weaponry will be an useful addon in practice! I'm looking forward to it!

For the IK issue: The way how a handful of D1-2-3 players greedily harvest all the BH medals? They can make a dozen BHs a day! Sitting on thousands of gold! (Meanwhile I can make a BH with lvl up+all houses on) Ridiculous! Hopefully it will come to an end. I'm not involved in this, as I'm D4, but I'm happy to see it happens, it might bring more balance to an overall view of the game.

For the 30 gold worth Sky Hero medals, well I'm sure those will go to the big tanks who has packs and thousands of EBs stocked! But hey! If they dump their energy on SH, then I will have more chance for an ordinary BH!

As for future new players.. well think about it: how does other games solve this issue? They launch a new server, or they give an advanced character to start with. There is no real solution for this! If you know one, why don't you say it?

• Alex.L, Marcel the Great, Reghium and 2 others like this

#47 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Dear The.Hound,

Yes, there will be new facilities similar to the Training Grounds as it already says in the post. A possible Super Soldier Medal and whether Training Contracts will affect or not the new facilities are features that have not been decided yet. The next steps will be based on the community's response to the new module.

I hope that level 200's will have free training?

mh4l.png

#48 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

also if 25% of battles is aircraft battles div 1 can just sit that round out  yeah yeah yeah your excluded from the fun but i guess the reason why they would bring in a division switcher pack is so that in another division you dont get xp ?

Edited by Releasethe Krakken, 15 July 2016 - 09:35 PM.

mh4l.png

#49 jkeller4000

jkeller4000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationminnesota

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

I think peoples large arms should reduce their hand eye coordination. 

the higher the strength a player has the worse their hand eye coordination skill should be :) 

this way people have to make a choice, work on getting high strength or high hand eye coordination. or a little of both! 

• Marchao likes this

#50 el_nach

el_nach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

IF (and it's a big if) you applied at the same time some change to the div progression, it could be a great change...

Like, to proceed to div. 2 you need to be lvl 34  AND have 10k STR (Or 20k, or whatever you find convenient). At least that'd allow players to stay in a lower div while being below the required STR. If they want to stay after they pass that threshold, infantry pack.

With some policy like this it could really help new players not to advance divisions too quickly.

• Marchao likes this

#51 Sir Edgard

Sir Edgard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

nice improvement for the new player / newbie (?)  ;)

#52 Conan der Barbar

Conan der Barbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

Could you please update this page with the new information (or provide them otherwise)?
Would be great.

#53 mun4oo

mun4oo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

I hope that level 200's will have free training?

hope the free training will be delayed 1-2 months ;)

#54 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Thank you for the new incoming updates, I personally feel like this could be one of the best updates in my 4+ years in the game.

• Marchao likes this

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#55 M.U. LEGIJA

M.U. LEGIJA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

Where is the best location for production?

#56 The.Hound

The.Hound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Dear The.Hound,

Yes, there will be new facilities similar to the Training Grounds as it already says in the post. A possible Super Soldier Medal and whether Training Contracts will affect or not the new facilities are features that have not been decided yet. The next steps will be based on the community's response to the new module.

thanks for the reply.

i hope you will take into consideration the balance between the players with level 201 or more that have free training and those that haven't reach that level.

at the moment the players that do not have free training can still afford maximum training provided that they have full training grounds and 90% training contract.

i would like to see something similar with the piloting training in order to balance the odds between players

#57 pitagora71

pitagora71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Dear The.Hound,

Also, You stated:

"The pilot can also fight without Weapons as the damage formula used in the Tank Battles applies."

A kind reminder: Q1 weapons are for single use and will give you 20% bonus (Tank Battles).

Quantity of Q1 Air-to-Air Missiles for a single round in this mathematics will be enormous, and production cost at the moment is between 20-25CC per 1 (and will go up).

I believe that there must be multiple Missile usage included, as well as at least 50% (100%) bonus in order to have any purpose of it...

please recalculate in accordance with total production and impact before people dissolve complete industry   

• grangiuseppe, Marchao and Heiny like this

#58 Sweet Drinker

Sweet Drinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

I don't hate what you're trying to accomplish here, and there are always going to be some teething pains when a major patch is implemented. But I do have some real concerns:

* This makes the battlefield more confusing and less accessible to new players. Remember what happened last time the battlefield got too complicated?  Now you are introducing rotating battle-types. New and casual players are going to to turn up to battles discovering they don't even have the right weapon class to participate properly. Makes for a discouraging user experience.

* On a normal round before, a d1 player can help their nation score 1 of 11 points . Not amazing, but not bad for a early account really. Now on a normal round a d1 player can help their nation score 1 of 22 points. That's all they fight for now..

You haven't taken any points from divisions, or strength from players. But you have taken away any real significance the lower division players had. d4 players used to dominate the scoreboard, but they at least needed to be concerned about the combined points of the lower divisions. Now d4 players can essentially ignore the peasant divisions on the ground, and focus solely on d4 and airwar points. And they are the best positioned to dominate the air due to their superior resources anyway.

* You've increased the points/round dramatically, but left victory goal the same distance. Before you could go to bed and wake up to find a coordinated operation has been launched upon your occupation zones and you have limited time to respond. Now you can wake up to find out the an operation against you has been successfully completed already. Now your nation could lose 3 regions to a single opponent in just the time it takes for a tank to recharge their hp. This makes the responsibilities of an eGov untenable. CP's already sacrifice a lot of sleep for their nations. Now they will have nightmares about eRep (I'm not making this up) because everything can escalate so quickly. Currently a lot of our "Lifetime-players" finally disappear after burnout government sessions. This huge new pressure will result in much higher rates of longterm-player loss. And those folks are more important than your new players, This whole boat floats on their devotion

* Free Division Switching is diabolical to the game environment. When you introduced divisions, it wasn't a terribly elegant fix tbh. But it was easily accessible, pretty effective, and added a nice new dimension to the game. Overall it was a very welcome new element to the environment. The Infantry Kit really did a number on the core principle of division (and iv got 9 medals floating as I type this) but at least a new kind of division strategy evolved from it. Division Switching after 1/2FF wast an ok addition to that environment because it wasn't conducive to much opportunism.

But any large account will dominate in their division with a few packs already. Free Div Switching just allows all of the biggest accounts to roam the landscape like Tyrannosaurs. Devouring everyone except each other. Why waste our energy struggling against one another when we can just divide up the casuals into price value ranges and queue up at the all you can eat buffet?

* Airwars have 1/2 all the influence on campaigns. The resource required to win them is the scarcest in the world. You've placed heavy production restrictions upon it. It's new so ownership of the companies is highly concentrated. That mixture is explosive to begin with: a small trust of the producer nations can easily use tax mechanics to make production costs punitively high for their rivals.

Adding yeast to that dough you've introduced Hostility Interruption to Food & Weapon WaM productions. This is a new kind of occupation exhaustion upon occupied nations. Strangling off their ability to win ground rounds faster than ever.

This is a recipe for the worst super-alliance cake we ever ate...

* Pollution reactivity is entirely overtuned. Vacant regions are becoming more desirable company HQ's than the actual node regions feeding off them. The effect of this on nations with very few regions is tragically unfair, especially those that worked really hard to win valuable resources. Meanwhile nations with large amounts of native regions are positioned to capitalize greater than ever based on no effort whatsoever. 

All that must seem really negative and critical. But honestly this is nearly a really good update.

* Drop the airwars round rotation. it's a confusing mess. Just make airwars the 5th division, with it's own new set of stats(like u did), that anyone can participate in every round. It's simpler, friendlier, and fair. Probably easier to implement too.

* Reduce the airwars points to 7. Still the most influential thing on the battlefield, but not so game-breaking it makes a d2 GoW feel like a housewife armed with a rolling-pin and keep weapons from becoming a fringe market. 

* Increase the total points in a campaign so that it lasts roughly as long as they currently do. Otherwise even dedicated players can miss entire campaigns. There'll be too much pressure on core players, It'll harm those most devoted to the game.. 

Popping into lower divs like a monster from another dimension, at great personal expense, is mildly amusing and probably has little impact to the game overall. Allowing us to roam freely across the divs really just re-compiles the players into 2 types: pack-buying predators  and their non-paying prey.

* Losing production rates due to occupation, being subject to occupier's tax etc, are all fine. But cutting off ppls' food/wpn WaM entirely is crippling and will tilt longterm wars completely lobsided. The No WaM on Enemy Land rule needs to be nerfed. 0% production bonus would be more appropriate.

* Nerf pollution. It has a huge impact, is vulnerable to multi-manipulation, leaves players no means of addressing the issue, and worst of all: its impact on nations is entirely unequal.

If you made these small adjustments, you should have a stable and popular game update on your hands :)

• Endritt Zekka, Mr. Indigo, Raima and 5 others like this

#59 Delussac

Delussac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

Please. In the battle screen, reinsert the list of the allied nations.

• Mr. Indigo, Alex.L, senadtm87 and 1 other like this

#60 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

How can I see if a battle is cold or full-scale with the new battle page? 

screenshot-414.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aircraft, new industry, battles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users