• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#61 FRITZHILL

FRITZHILL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:20 AM

What a load of crap. My frigging head hurts after reading that mumbo jumbo.

#62 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

Sweet Drinker has a lot of good points.

You really should do away with with the No WaM on Enemy Land rule and reduce the pollution impact.

The way the air battles will play is kind of weird too. It won`t be available all the time, and that is going to suck. Sweet Drinker`s suggestion of just making it a parallel battle has a lot of merit. 

You probably should change the total number of points needed to win a campaign too, so it can spread through more time zones.

IMO, you should let us WAM at least the aircraft RAW industry, otherwise prices will be insane and the cost of labour will go nuts in the game, affecting everything.

People complain about the economic module, but ours is fine when compared with a scarce economy, where everything costs an eye and a leg and you can`t find people to work for you. Just look at the economic module of the latest clone game to see how bad and restricting for game playability a scarce economy can be.

PS: Just do away with the current division, force and rank system and substitute it for something that lets anyone have a similar damage per hit in around, say, six months of playing while spending in CTs and training. You are twisting yourself into a pretzel to try to fix the game and still failing at it... and that way the money spent in the account black market might start to be spent with Plato.

Edited by Mr. Indigo, 17 July 2016 - 09:06 AM.

• ronnyJnrJnr and uxiors like this

#63 realjjj

realjjj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

A lot of things are wrong here so not gonna bother with much but just a few things.

No epic, no boosters, no bombs makes no sense at all.You make planes less appealing and increase the complexity of the game. it used to be simple now nobody can remember what is what, you made a mess and you keep adding bloat. 

Planes will be very very costly so they'll lack appeal as it is, no need to make it harder. 30 gold medals is beyond stupid. There are too many BH hunters as it is and it's against your interest as it results in less spending overall and makes the game less interesting. What you do with patriot here is important too.The base damage for planes should be much higher to help make them appealing vs tanks. People can't survive without patriot and CO and the cost of airplanes will be prohibitive.

You needed to give us a reason to care about fighting for out country but by allowing us to place holdings anywhere we'll only care about the regions with our holdings. That means the end of small nations. Not even the few citizens they got will care. People from big nations will have interests all over the place and they won't care about their nation, alliances, they'll fight for their economic interest.If even that since there is no reason to care who owns the region as long as the bonus is good.  The CS limit was much better.

#64 gudzwabofer

gudzwabofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMerry old land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

Parts of this are good, but there are problems, some already mentioned.

Without a division system in aircraft, especially one that takes into account skill and rank as well as xp, there will exist a big gap between old and new players within a year, meaning there will be again hardly any new players staying around, and I predict the player base will still shrink. Maybe not as fast as now because this change will encourage some existing players to stay and fight, but it will still shrink. It would take at least a few months of changes being implemented for any decent tide to turn by WOM for new or returning players, by which point the damage gap will be there again.

The current divisional system used in land battles will continue to contribute to low activity in the game even for those who still hang around. Many D1-D3 players will still severely limit the amount they fight in both land and air battles, work, or even vote because it will cause them to increase XP and put them in a higher, more unwinnable division. Things like division switch only make this worse because D4 players can dominate D1 as well, effectively removing the division system altogether. Any decent fix to save war and the haemorrhaging player base should probably include strength, rank, and xp in determining division, possibly on a ratio basis, meaning people could drop a division at times if D4 top strength grows faster than lower divisions. Some who have gamed the system may complain about such a change in the short term, but I doubt that many would leave because of it, and in the long term it will mean a more balanced game and a larger and more active player base.

Aircraft does promise to be a good addition, but unless these problems are addressed it is only a partial delaying of the demise of the war module, which is still most of the game, even with the beginnings of a return to strategy in the economy module.

I'm also wondering if the promised regional governments and regional taxes will still be happening?

• Marchao likes this

#65 Imoenbg1

Imoenbg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

After seeing your so-called test pack live I wonder what kind of special people work in your Development.

This is bad on so many levels I cannot even comprehend how it even came to be.

The division switching will basically kill your infantry kit buyers (or reduce them heavily). It remains to be seen if the sales of MP (short for maverick pack) will cover this. Regardless of your economic losses it will do one thing for sure - discourage all lower level players to stay in the game. That is certain and if that is your idea for bringing new players - God help us all.

On top of that division switch change you provide the D4 with a compensation even for missing the health from infantry kit. 600 health is nothing to scoff at.

I really dont get it - you claim to care for all players and kill the fun of those that willingly chose to stay low level AFTER YOU PROVIDED THEM WITH THAT CHANCE BY OFFERING INFANTRY KIT. Basically cheating some paying customers in order to get other paying customers. That is oh so messed up customer policy.

Oh and since one of your mods/admins/monkeys started the theme in your other post about the infamous blog - I cant imagine you dont keep records on what was done what day - for self-explanatory purposes. Formatting and posting such a thing takes around half an hour to an hour tops. How does that interfere with the ability to inform about new changes (which even your moderators are clueless about) is beyond me.

Oh and before you jump to a conclusion - I am in D4.

And since it is already "next week" some update on when your so-called update will be implemented is in order I believe.

Keep up the good work.

Ridiculous

• ronnyJnrJnr and Raima like this

#66 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:48 AM

And since it is already "next week" some update on when your so-called update will be implemented is in order I believe.

eRepublik week starts on Tuesday . You can see that on the weekly leaderboard which is empty at day-change(CET).

That's less then half a day that came by and you already complaint.

They did not say on what exact minute this would happen.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#67 Imoenbg1

Imoenbg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

Since you are being technical  - nowhere was said that it will be next eRepublik week. In fact if you look at their post it clearly stated "next week".

Which started today.

They promised AND released the pack "next week". But I guess releasing the pack is more important than notifying the players about all details of the upcoming changes.

That proves at least 2 things: either they are not ready with the changes and wrote all of this in order to appease the already impatient customers (because the so-called resource tournament is already long gone) or they are clueless and this update is still in the works.

So you were saying?

#68 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Since you are being technical  - nowhere was said that it will be next eRepublik week. In fact if you look at their post it clearly stated "next week".

Which started today.

They promised AND released the pack "next week". But I guess releasing the pack is more important than notifying the players about all details of the upcoming changes.

That proves at least 2 things: either they are not ready with the changes and wrote all of this in order to appease the already impatient customers (because the so-called resource tournament is already long gone) or they are clueless and this update is still in the works.

So you were saying?

Nope.... you assumed it happened right at the very second that this week started. The never claimed that it would be that exact moment.

Yes, they said next week... but eRepublik week(Tuesday) is usually the time a new week starts. I never said that this is how it will be.

I don't understand why it is such a big problem???

They did/doing exactly what they promised and yet you complain about it??? really???

• rmdikas likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#69 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

After seeing your so-called test pack live I wonder what kind of special people work in your Development.

The division switching will basically kill your infantry kit buyers (or reduce them heavily). It remains to be seen if the sales of MP (short for maverick pack) will cover this. Regardless of your economic losses it will do one thing for sure - discourage all lower level players to stay in the game. That is certain and if that is your idea for bringing new players - God help us all.

On top of that division switch change you provide the D4 with a compensation even for missing the health from infantry kit. 600 health is nothing to scoff at.

I really dont get it - you claim to care for all players and kill the fun of those that willingly chose to stay low level AFTER YOU PROVIDED THEM WITH THAT CHANCE BY OFFERING INFANTRY KIT. Basically cheating some paying customers in order to get other paying customers. That is oh so messed up customer policy.

Oh and since one of your mods/admins/monkeys started the theme in your other post about the infamous blog - I cant imagine you dont keep records on what was done what day - for self-explanatory purposes. Formatting and posting such a thing takes around half an hour to an hour tops. How does that interfere with the ability to inform about new changes (which even your moderators are clueless about) is beyond me.

Keep up the good work.

Ridiculous

relax BIG lemon

The new pack will work in conjunction with infantry kit meaning  division 1's can fight in air battles without gathering experience.  perhaps even in real battles.  

there is massive div 1 players i think this is no longer a viable path for erepublik to be honest.  remember a new player starting is like throwing a guppy in a shark tank.

this new pack was announced look at the Original Post here or not far in comments.  TBH there was the manticore and there was no promises made to make that a one time thing?  So wondering why the outrage. Shouldnt you be outraged at that 2 then,

I bought the pack and are going to enjoy myself . Maybe to the detriment of lower divisions ?  Who knows who cares.

Edited by Releasethe Krakken, 18 July 2016 - 10:18 AM.

mh4l.png

#70 Imoenbg1

Imoenbg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

RTK did you even read my post?

I dont own an account at the lower divisions. Btw IK will not inhibit the experience in air battles. Neither does the new pack. So how is that helpful to the lower divisions?

One more thing - in order to really have some impact , the announcement should have been made at least a couple of days before the changes are implemented. Considering now is Monday and nothing in sight, tell me when will these things be implemented? Thursday, Friday? So there is no customer service on the weekends and no one to fix the inevitable bugs? Or the announcement will be like - we will implement the battles in two hours, deal with it?

The idea is that these changes dont address any problems eRep has - the massive flow away from the game, the not-so-noob friendly experience, the lack of economy and strategy. Instead we get another pack ....

Well done :)

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

#71 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

A solution for the gap between the old players and the new ones.

http://www.erepublik...ns-2606309/1/20

TEAMS / PAIRS of 2 players.

Posted Image

#72 Shawtyl0w

Shawtyl0w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

Also, You stated:

"The pilot can also fight without Weapons as the damage formula used in the Tank Battles applies."

A kind reminder: Q1 weapons are for single use and will give you 20% bonus (Tank Battles).

Quantity of Q1 Air-to-Air Missiles for a single round in this mathematics will be enormous, and production cost at the moment is between 20-25CC per 1 (and will go up).

I believe that there must be multiple Missile usage included, as well as at least 50% (100%) bonus in order to have any purpose of it...

please recalculate in accordance with total production and impact before people dissolve complete industry   

If Q1 weapons really are for single use one battle let's say only DO for new players would cost them 25 * 2.5 * 25cc = 1.562,5 cc tell me who is going to spend this money?????

#73 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

This new Maverick Pack, how does it work?

Can we change divisions as many times as we want like the manticore skin let us? That x1 in the pack is making people confused. Is it one time per round or one time the whole month?

#74 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

If Q1 weapons really are for single use one battle let's say only DO for new players would cost them 25 * 2.5 * 25cc = 1.562,5 cc tell me who is going to spend this money?????

Much more if the same hits-per-kill formula applies to air weapons as to ground weapons. Ground Q1 weapons average way more than 2.5 hits per kill. Hell, with my strength, even with Q7 weapons I average 3 hits per kill (without boosters).

#75 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

Although many details are still unknow. I like how looks this improvement. At least is not exclusively a military thing.

My perception of becoming events related to this new Air module, is good.

3028465-1.png

#76 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

This new Maverick Pack, how does it work?

Can we change divisions as many times as we want like the manticore skin let us? That x1 in the pack is making people confused. Is it one time per round or one time the whole month?

AFAIK you can change div as many times as you want.

Edited by MaZzA, 18 July 2016 - 05:26 PM.

210402-1.png

#77 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

Much more if the same hits-per-kill formula applies to air weapons as to ground weapons. Ground Q1 weapons average way more than 2.5 hits per kill. Hell, with my strength, even with Q7 weapons I average 3 hits per kill (without boosters).

Sometimes fighting barehanded use less energy than using weaps. (tbh I will be happy if I could have 3 hits per kill, usually I have 1 hit/1kill)

Is it possible to fight barehanded in the aircaft battles ?

Maybe it was a bug, dunno :D

210402-1.png

#78 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

The aerial rounds will be marked by an icon like epics are?

Edited by NoOnexRO, 19 July 2016 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

#79 pitagora71

pitagora71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Starting date was anounced, and it seems that change will not affect already active battles?
"Campaigns starting on day 3,165 (after 00:00 eRepublik time)".
Is it possible just to clarify stating that "Campaigns started before mentioned time will not be affected"?

:)

#80 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

Keep up the good work.

Ridiculous

i did read it. they announced it with the OP post (OP means original poster and is used to refer to the starting post.)

this is what kibbib then said For those Citizens that are used to dominate their Division and do want a taste of the Aerial Battles and unlock the benefits of the higher Experience levels as Elite Citizen Damage Bonus or free Strength training, we will add a new test Pack next week.

The new Pack, added as a test at this stage, will enable players to switch Divisions without any constraints such as bringing down an Objective or consuming Currency.

So reading it more thoroughly there is now choices for a lower division player

1.  if you want more time in your division IK Pack no aircraft battles. Sorry no aircraft battles for you :(  :o

2.  If you think ok its time for a new experience the new Maverick Pack will level you up faster and provide you with more money from higher division bh medals. So here you will commit yourself to reaching division 4/ elite citizenship at level 100 and free training at level 200.

3.   You can buy the IK Pack and fight in Aircraft battles.  You will level slightly faster 1 in 4 rounds you will gain exp.   Here ou commit yourself to leveling up.

So there is 3 choices.  In the west one had zero mot training payers would constantly fight against computer fighters and lose motivation at zero motivation they would not gain experience from fighting and would fight the rest of the day against level 1 to 15 with zero strength building up a massive record .  Almost all players considered zero mot fighting a bad thing as it would discourage new players if he has to fight against a very strong fighter each day.  tanks there was players with high energy and good shooting skills used in fort battles .  but anyway plato has seen what most of us has seen and that is that these accounts have a detrimental effect on player numbers.

in the west they would just have stopped it all together here atleast they bring in experience at 25% of your fighting.  

I think they are aiming more towards 3 that players level up but at a slower rate.

Its their game IF THEY want to nerf aspect of it its their prerogative.  Its more addition than its a part of the game that influences every battle hence I dont think its a game changer for lower divisions.  

mh4l.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aircraft, new industry, battles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users