•     

Photo

Non-Aligned Nations Of Erepublik Alliance (Nan)

NaN

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vincenzo Roque

Vincenzo Roque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

NaN-mission.jpg

The Non-aligned Nations of eRepublik Alliance (abbr. NaN), is an alliance currently consisting of three (3) countries but open to new applications. It was founded by nations after extended neutrality and being unable to identify with any other alliance.

NaN-hr.png

CURRENT MEMBERS:

Cyprus-A150.png           Malaysia-A150.png          Philippines-A150.png

NaN CHARTER

• drakantas likes this

#2 Leo de Salto II

Leo de Salto II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPunta del Este, Uruguay

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

I like the Idea but the name is not catching :P

#3 mixail95

mixail95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

FREE CYPRUS IN THE NAME OF JOSEPH STALIN!

#4 Viridi

Viridi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I like the Idea but the name is not catching :P

That and the first picture in the original post contains the flags of countries not in this alliance, which has always confused me.

50842.png

#5 drakantas

drakantas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPerĂº

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Nice *.*

#6 Bohemond4

Bohemond4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

The name is kind of not catchy at all and only reflects your status because neither CoT or TWO is interested in your alliance

excp.jpg

Viscount of Cambridge

#7 Vincenzo Roque

Vincenzo Roque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Some flags are in the picture as they were past members of the alliance, but none of the current alliance officials has got the time to edit the picture. The name of the alliance was given by the founders South Africa and Australia.

#8 babk

babk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

NaN is inspired by the real world alliance still existing and try to defend the interest of independent countries against the bankrupt, high militarised, notorious and aggressive superpower who do not respect international laws, starting wars based on lies, executing civilians with their unmanned flying objects, torture regular prisoners and prisoners of war, use surveillance against everyone (including me and you), anywhere even their own satellite countries.

#9 Miyagiyoda

Miyagiyoda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

NaN was born from Non-Aligned nations standing together in the common cause of not being steam-rolled in important matters. Despite what detractors may say, it served well in establishing region rentals and was enough of an annoyance that we were not simply ignored as we were when facing the super-alliances alone.

The name is a bit of an oxymoron because non-aligned nations standing together is by definition an alliance thus voiding their non-aligned status.

The name was partly inspired by the eRepubulik error code we receive so often in calculations.

NaN is also a popular baby formula.

What can I say, we are weird guys with a strange sense of humour born from being pummelled mercilessly for 5 years by a merciless mechanic.

The butterfly motif comes form Iron Butterflies which is a pseudonym for butterfly knives: not effective damage-wise but quite painful to deal with when you are in a fight. The alliance MU actions were done as Iron Butterfly.

There is a more updated testudo-shield pic somewhere, but I stopped editing them when Wolf was formed.

I know all this because Xavier Griffith, Majester and I co-wrote the constitution and started the initial talks between Australia and South Africa with Cyprus being recruited shortly afterwards by Grimstone of South Africa for the founding of NaN in February 2013. Initially we wanted to start a free formal alliance between an existing informal alliance before creating an alliance would cost Gold. Unfortunately alliance features have been a bit disappointing, thus reinforcing the bipolar structure we still see today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users