#1 Dodo Moron

Dodo Moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I would like to adress a very serious issue. 

Recently (this morning) I was awarded with one warning point in this forum. 

The reasoning was that one of my posts in which I shared my own constructive tips on how to guerilla fight got flagged as spam by moderators. However as the post wasn't off-topic in any way and would provide real help to young players I have trouble understanding why in the world did it get flagged as spam and therefore why I was awarded a warning point.

The matter is very serious. To resolve this issue I demand you to:

1) delete my warning point

2) recover my post what got deleted

3) make a written apology to all forum members for abusive moderating

4) and most important, start following the forum rules when moderating, which means won't mark a post as spam when it clearly isn't.

I ask other members of forum leave their stories of abusive moderation below.

Thanks.

#StopAbusiveModeraton

Edit: It appears that moderators are also abusing lock thread function. A topic in which I and few other players were looking for a suitable hashtag for #FreeCC movement got locked before we found solution to our problem. This isn't how things are supposed to work. You are supposed to lock the topic after the suitable solution is found. 

To resolve this issue I demand you to:

1) unlock all unresolved threads, which were unfairly locked

2) make a written apology to all forum members for abusive moderating

3) stop abusing your power to lock threads what shouldn't be locked yet

Edit 2: it appears that moderators are also abusing their power to move threads. A thread with fan art got moved from the fan art section to off-topic section in the forum. 

To resolve this issue I demand you to:

1) move the thread with CC's fan art back to fan art section of the forum

2) make a written apology to ChaatahCurtis for unfairly moving his thread to the wrong section of the forum

3) stop abusing your power to move threads

Edited by Dodo Moron, 04 September 2016 - 08:44 AM.

• CheetahCurtis likes this

#2 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

I got a warning point yesterday for thanking someone.

• Dodo Moron likes this

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#3 Dodo Moron

Dodo Moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

This sounds really fair.

#Sarcastic

#AbusedByAdmins

#4 FightAndProduce

FightAndProduce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

They do it for free, its all they have, please don't be mean ;_;.

#5 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I would like to adress a very serious issue. 

Recently (this morning) I was awarded with one warning point in this forum. 

The reasoning was that one of my posts in which I shared my own constructive tips on how to guerilla fight got flagged as spam by moderators. However as the post wasn't off-topic in any way and would provide real help to young players I have trouble understanding why in the world did it get flagged as spam and therefore why I was awarded a warning point.

Actually i remember exactly what you wrote in that post... You asked people NOT to fight in guerilla fight!!! Dude, you are asking people not to play the game... How is that even constructive??? - (it is not) All that you said was "don't fight"(or something like that) in big pink letters.... that's all you did. Pretty much the opposite of constructive guidance.

At some point the staff is gonna get fed up with these kind of negative feedback(especially if this isn't providing any improvement to whatever it is for).

So... to conclude. You start a witch-hunt  because you disagree with how they run the forum.

Maybe you should discuss this matter with the staff in private before you begin a public fight that serves no-one.

This matter could have been resolved without making a fuzz out of it, but instead you look for trouble and in the process violate forum rules.

Yeah... i am obviously getting annoyed by this stuff.

You guys are not only irritating the staff with this, but you are also annoying other players with this kind of nonsense.

• Master_rg likes this

For more info, look at my wikipage

#6 Kattrrina

Kattrrina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

That is fucking ridiculous.

• CheetahCurtis likes this

#7 Dodo Moron

Dodo Moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:11 PM

Actually i remember exactly what you wrote in that post... You asked people NOT to fight in guerilla fight!!! Dude, you are asking people not to play the game... How is that even constructive??? - (it is not) All that you said was "don't fight"(or something like that) in big pink letters.... that's all you did. Pretty much the opposite of constructive guidance.

At some point the staff is gonna get fed up with these kind of negative feedback(especially if this isn't providing any improvement to whatever it is for).

So... to conclude. You start a witch-hunt  because you disagree with how they run the forum.

Maybe you should discuss this matter with the staff in private before you begin a public fight that serves no-one.

This matter could have been resolved without making a fuzz out of it, but instead you look for trouble and in the process violate forum rules.

Yeah... i am obviously getting annoyed by this stuff.

You guys are not only irritating the staff with this, but you are also annoying other players with this kind of nonsense.

Dude, you're not fun at all...

However I have to say I don't agree with you 100%. 

You see, even sh*t advice should be seen as advice not spam. 

If you are talking about the pink lettered advice I agree, it wasn't well enough presented and backed by arguments. But if you take the facts that pretty much nobody uses guerilla fight system and it takes way more time than reasonable into consideration, you could say that don't use the guerilla sys would be reasonable advice.

But the forum has generally seen some bad moderation last few days, so the bottom line is that admins could have solved most situations much better and faster and with way less fuzz if they acted smarter. Let the people take a small kick at this almost dead game. Allow a bit more banter, but mainly, don't do anything that could anger the community like moving a political party's discussion thread from politics section to off-topic.

Things don't seem to move without big "critical mass". If I alone were to contact admins with this problem I reckon they would "look in to this matter" but nothing else.

Edited by Dodo Moron, 04 September 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#8 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

Dude, you're not fun at all...

However I have to say I don't agree with you 100%. 

You see, even sh*t advice should be seen as advice not spam. 

If you are talking about the pink lettered advice I agree, it wasn't well enough presented and backed by arguments. But if you take the facts that pretty much nobody uses guerilla fight system and it takes way more time than reasonable into consideration, you could say that don't use the guerilla sys would be reasonable advice.

But the forum has generally seen some bad moderation last few days, so the bottom line is that admins could have solved most situations much better and faster and with way less fuzz if they acted smarter. Let the people take a small kick at this almost dead game. Allow a bit more banter, but mainly, don't do anything that could anger the community like moving a political party's discussion thread from politics section to off-topic.

Things don't seem to move without big "critical mass". If I alone were to contact admins with this problem I reckon they would "look in to this matter" but nothing else.

Not communicating and just banning people (and they can't find out why they are banned on here) instantly is definitely bad moderating.

#9 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

I am not going to answer what you are trying to justify in this topic.

The point is that you started a fight long before you even tried. You already decided that they will answer with a negative response before you even asked the question. You didn't even come close to asking a question.

An action was taken which was not acceptable by some of you and instead of using the more civilized alternative, you and friends start a ranting contest in the hope to change the outcome of their actions.

I quote my previous post:

That is where you went wrong. You where looking for trouble instead of avoiding it.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#10 Dodo Moron

Dodo Moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

I am not going to answer what you are trying to justify in this topic.

The point is that you started a fight long before you even tried. You already decided that they will answer with a negative response before you even asked the question. You didn't even come close to asking a question.

An action was taken which was not acceptable by some of you and instead of using the more civilized alternative, you and friends start a ranting contest in the hope to change the outcome of their actions.

I quote my previous post:

That is where you went wrong. You where looking for trouble instead of avoiding it.

They won't answer at all...

#TheyAreMute

#11 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

I have discussed with the other members of the team and we would like to clarify some of the points you have mentioned.

First of all, you have only received 1 warning point and as far as I can see around 5 posts of yours were fairly hidden in total.

The Guide's section is for users to post guides of different modules/aspects of eRepublik. Making a post underneath a conversation stating with "DON'T FKIN USE IT", is not really something related to the conversation or does not have any contribution towards the topic.

With regards to the locking, I assume you're referring to the Help section. If you create a thread asking for help with something, in this case it was more of a troll thread we've offered a response and locked the thread as there was nothing to discuss further about it. Regardless whether you think the solution was reasonable or not, one of my colleagues replied to the whole thread about your suspension, there was nothing further we had to add or discuss about it, hence the thread and any new threads opened were simply locked.

Lastly, regarding moving of the threads to Off-Topic. As it was considered that the thread has became more of a spam thread than anything it has been moved to Off-Topic. You are more than welcome to create threads in the appropriate sections, but as soon as you and  your mates will start spamming under it, the thread gets moved to off-topic.

Lastly, I'm afraid none of the demands can be accepted or will be met in this case, as we did not find anything wrong with any of the actions made by the Staff.

• Citizen 2806484 likes this

#12 Dodo Moron

Dodo Moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

I have discussed with the other members of the team and we would like to clarify some of the points you have mentioned.

First of all, you have only received 1 warning point and as far as I can see around 5 posts of yours were fairly hidden in total.

The Guide's section is for users to post guides of different modules/aspects of eRepublik. Making a post underneath a conversation stating with "DON'T FKIN USE IT", is not really something related to the conversation or does not have any contribution towards the topic.

With regards to the locking, I assume you're referring to the Help section. If you create a thread asking for help with something, in this case it was more of a troll thread we've offered a response and locked the thread as there was nothing to discuss further about it. Regardless whether you think the solution was reasonable or not, one of my colleagues replied to the whole thread about your suspension, there was nothing further we had to add or discuss about it, hence the thread and any new threads opened were simply locked.

Lastly, regarding moving of the threads to Off-Topic. As it was considered that the thread has became more of a spam thread than anything it has been moved to Off-Topic. You are more than welcome to create threads in the appropriate sections, but as soon as you and  your mates will start spamming under it, the thread gets moved to off-topic.

Lastly, I'm afraid none of the demands can be accepted or will be met in this case, as we did not find anything wrong with any of the actions made by the Staff.

That's an answer. 

I'm pleased with that.

I do not completely agree, but I'm pleased. Your house, your rules.

THANKS

Edited by Dodo Moron, 05 September 2016 - 12:53 PM.

• Citizen 2806484 likes this

#13 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

At least this experience helped me figure out why almost no one uses the forums.

• Dodo Moron likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users