13 replies to this topic

#1 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

(... Preferably with a perma ban so I can't come back)

Dear Admins,

I would like to tell you how terrible your game is. It's stressful, boring and dull. I remember the good old days when no matter which page I was on I would always see a girl standing there wearing the appropriate cloths to look good on the job. Instead I see more of some dumbass headless chicken and plain backgrounds. Infact there's an app you can get somewhere that changes so you get pictures of girls wearing (if anything) very little. But that's not the point on this message.

The stress comes from many factors in this game. The first is you inability to make a meaningful update. Let take you economic update for example. All the hype you guys made about it was good you had people interested, then released it and bang. Once people had got used to the system it just became a tedious cycle of moving to location x working in companies then repeating until the cycle is complete for the day. I mean, you guys must love this update... cause no one else will. I actually gave up on my mini food and house empire because of this.

Then there's the lack of interest from the community. I did MoD last CP term. None of the commanders in the eUK seem particularly interested in anything. In a PM of about 25 people, practically no one would reply or post suggestions until I suggest something that causes them a loss in profits. I feel like I'm playing with robots.

I don't even find joy in packs anymore. Once upon a time, I used to enjoy spending about 25 - 35 euros a month to do a bit more damage and to get my TP faster. Then I discovered this thing called the black market. And what I discovered was very depressing. If I was a new player, I could spend a few hundred euros on getting an account and after a month or two I'd have all the packs (via the CC I earn from rewards) I need to become twice as strong as the person who's been doing it the hard way for the past 2 - 3 years. And it would have been  LOT cheaper than buying all the packs from eRep. What a waste of money this game was.

Now the bit that I'm probably going to get banned for. I know you said that the topic was closed and reopening it for the 5th - 6th time is going to get a ban, but I clearly dont care about your stupid ban's so F*CK YOU!

In other forums, when you first do something wrong your post will likely get deleted and you'll get a PM from an admin explaining exactly what you did wrong and why it's considered wrong. From what Curtis has said and the nothingness you guys keep saying I can only take Cutis' side. From what I've seen of his posts there has been nothing obvious to ban him for and so unless you clearly explain what rule he has broken and how this will not get resolved until most of ESO has been banned from here.

https://forum.erepub...4979-freecc-x4/

And the thing that topped it all off. You declared my parties discussion on the upcoming CP election to be considered "Off Topic". It may not seem a lot considering that you retarded excuses for admins (deliberately making sure the ban happens) thinks that everyone plays this game for the war module. Well, ESO just happens to be the only reason why I haven't requested my account get deleted yet. So if you guys think that ESO having so fun while we waited for a candidate to get submitted (which they did at the end) is considered "Off Topic" then this game can go screw itself.

https://forum.erepub...ion-discussion/

P.S yes, I did read this : https://forum.erepub...emoderatorship/

And I have too agree with curtis. If we can't have a little fun in a topic then there's no reason to use it at all. Which is a good reason to get a ban from here really, If there was a toilet in erepublik this would be where the waste ends up.

Best Regards

Sir Jimmy Savile

​I'll be awaiting the ban with no regrets o7

• CheetahCurtis likes this

#2 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:27 PM

After your temp ban is over on the forum you get a message saying something like "You've spammed" and that's it, I've never actually found out what posts got me the warning points and the mods don't seem to want to tell me. When I hadn't done any spamming the worst thing I could think of was that I'd thanked someone. The mods are total idiots on this forum. I've found some better moderated internet communities and real life things to do (it's not hard really), so I don't care if this forum disappeared.

And Jimmy, you won't get a permaban for that. At least you shouldn't. But then with these moderators I would not be surprised.

EDIT: #FreeNick

Edited by CheetahCurtis, 06 September 2016 - 08:28 PM.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#3 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

And Jimmy, you won't get a permaban for that. At least you shouldn't. But then with these moderators I would not be surprised.

EDIT: #FreeNick

Rodney McKay never banned anyone from the eUK forums for calling him a retard despite people telling him. To my knowledge the only people he's banned is wayne and chaz cause they kept posting dick pics everywhere. Which imo is a good reason. Everything else he just removed the post(s) and told people not to do it, and they'd listen cause they had been told. Or at least I did anyway :P

Nick being banned is understandable, but if it's a perma one then it's a bit over the top :L

#4 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

Rodney McKay never banned anyone from the eUK forums for calling him a retard despite people telling him. To my knowledge the only people he's banned is wayne and chaz cause they kept posting dick pics everywhere. Which imo is a good reason. Everything else he just removed the post(s) and told people not to do it, and they'd listen cause they had been told. Or at least I did anyway :P

Nick being banned is understandable, but if it's a perma one then it's a bit over the top :L

He's got a permaban apparently, it's certainly different to the temp bans I got.

The moderators have no respect on these forums because they are horrible people (so they can't just tell people to stop), and it's easier to ban people than gain their respect back.

#5 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

At least in game they gave astrid a warning before they did it ;)

#6 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:51 PM

At least in game they gave astrid a warning before they did it ;)

Were you meant to be replying to me there?

#7 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

Were you meant to be replying to me there?

Yeah :P I try not to talk to myself in public

#8 mntn8

mntn8

• Administrators
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

Dear Citizens,

After much thought put into this matter, we have decided to write an open letter to the people upset by our measures taken lately and to officially explain the reasons behind everything we have done. The purpose of this message is to show that we have good intentions, for we do not want to maintain any confusion as per why we take certain measures.

We will start the explanation in chronological order, this way we can look at the whole picture.

Jhon247’s comprehensive message made us reanalyze the whole situation and we really appreciate his input into this matter. We will try to explain briefly most of the points approached by him and also explain where this whole situation generated from.

Let’s begin with CheetahCurtis: He has been drawn attention that he is spamming the forum by posting in as many threads as possible. Moreover, this was done on purpose, as stated in his own article: https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/erepublik-forum-takeover-2611234/1/20

He “took over” categories that were unlocked. When we have noticed his article we started investigating this matter and we started focusing more on threads in the eRepublik Forum.

After he has been penalized for his actions, some Citizens saw our action as unfair and started protesting against it.

VoodooMike71 was one of them and he created the #freecheetah threads. His penalty resulted from spamming the forum with that. These threads were considered spam, as they were created one after another on the same idea and one of our Administrators even mentioned that any other topics on the matter will be locked for spam.

Is all of this logic behavior from the Admins? Certainly, we did not mean to be overreacting or unfairly judging any action. We just acted according to what we saw and according to the rules of the Forum.

Were we 100% correct in the measures we have taken? Not entirely. Where we went wrong was the fact that we were not very transparent or explicit about these actions. For this, you have our sincere apologies and thank you for giving us the occasion to make it right by officially admitting and apologizing for the lack of explanations.

Another point in which we may have been too harsh on was moving the “Every Single One Election Discussion” post, started by CheetahCurtis, in the off-topic section of the eRepublik Forum. While the discussions deviated once or twice, the post broadly respected the rules we are trying to apply when moderating. We have re-read the topic from a different perspective and we have come to the conclusion that we can undone the action.
We count on your understanding and we hope you see the bigger picture now. Let’s work together for the greater good. You want a place where you can debate various eRepublik topics and we want a civilized community. Let’s work together to create that pleasant environment.

• jhon247 and Citizen 2806484 like this

#9 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Let’s begin with CheetahCurtis: He has been drawn attention that he is spamming the forum by posting in as many threads as possible. Moreover, this was done on purpose, as stated in his own article: https://www.erepublik.com/en/article/erepublik-forum-takeover-2611234/1/20

He “took over” categories that were unlocked. When we have noticed his article we started investigating this matter and we started focusing more on threads in the eRepublik Forum.

After he has been penalized for his actions, some Citizens saw our action as unfair and started protesting against it.

(I am watching Countdown as I write this so it might be jumping between points accidentally)

With regards to what has been written about me, yes I did post once in each category once on purpose. You can see that in the article. No where have I stated that it was my intention to spam, no where can I see where I have spammed, and I do not actually recall spamming anywhere. In each category I contributed to the conversation going on the thread I posted in from my recollection, as that was my intent. When I received warning points for this I had no actual explanation for the temp ban except you something along the lines of "you've spammed". I could not find the posts which were spam, and no one has pointed out any specific spam posts to me from that take over. Everyone I've spoken to (who isn't a moderator) who saw the posts from the take over has said to me that I was contributing to each discussion to an extent.

For the other post which I received a warning point afterwards, I would be writing out the exact same thing.

With regards to the other posts that have been going on since that event, I recognise that some of things that some people have been posting were spam. What Nick did was obviously spam, but for just that one action I find a forum permaban is too harsh. As for some of the other posts which were more obviously spam, I have not heard of some of them getting warning points which makes me feel as though I am being attacked personally (especially as I do not know exactly why I got my warning points).

I accept your apology and if I could see exactly what posts I got my warning points for (and I agree with the reason) then I will too apologise for those actions.

#10 jhon247

jhon247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:30 PM

Eh, Curtis, this is all your fault. If you hadn't bragged about it we could have been giggling right now on the ESO feeds while everyone else remained oblivious.

-----

First of all I'd like to retract my statement where I called you all retarded, after you have clearly taken time to read my thread, maybe not all hope is lost. And I do appreciate you guys replying and giving good reasons (even though they seem very harsh and depending on how you look at them, very unfair). And to be honest I can not be asked to put enough effort into this game to argue anymore.

But instead of locking all of voodoo's post without explanation and giving him points can you just direct him here so he can see the admin reply? Otherwise we'll end up going in circles for the rest of our lives.

P.S. Did I really put this in Political Elections or was it moved? Cause I'm sure I stuck this under Help :L

#11 VoodooMike71

VoodooMike71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationeUK

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

I've just seen this thread. I've also been contacted by Lozni, who was very reasonable

This post explains the moderators' actions, which is all I've ever asked for (well, I did ask them to change the forum logo, but that was a joke). Whether I agree with their actions is a different matter, and that wasn't what I was complaining about.

So, thanks for putting the time into making this response and explaining your actions. I am satisfied with it, so I'll stop creating #freeCC! threads now.

Omnia mihi lingua Graeca sunt

:blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:

#12 VoodooMike71

VoodooMike71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationeUK

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

Last post from me for a while, I promise!

While we're looking at ways in which communication could be improved, have a quick look at this.

On 6th September I posted a question about company upgrades. The question was essentially "have company upgrades been discontinued?". Within 90 minutes the thread was locked with a "this has been answered elsewhere" message. Fair enough - I didn't spot the previous topic.

So I went to the appropriate topic and found a short discussion where someone asked the same question as I had, and got a "No - there's no set schedule for them" from a mod. A couple of people pointed out that this wasn't really the case, and - after a little pressure - the mod came back and said "sorry - i didn't have enough info before. Actually they have been discontinued indefinitely." And then they instantly locked that topic too.

So, in terms of improving things, here are three ideas:

1. it was right to lock my duplicate topic, but it would have been better to say something like "Yes, they have been discontinued - see this topic for more info (link)".

2. In the first topic, when the mod didn't know the answer, instead of saying "no" it would have been more helpful to say "I'm not sure - I'll find out for you". Of even "I'm not sure - nothing has been said". By giving an outright "no" and claiming there was no schedule, it looks like the mod was lying.

3. when the real answer came out, why instantly lock the topic?  It makes it look suspiciously like you're trying to shut off discussion about something that's no so good. And in turn, that makes it look like you're trying to hide stuff. This is exactly the sort of thing that I (and I guess others) find very annoying. 

Omnia mihi lingua Graeca sunt

:blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:

#13 Lozni

Lozni

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

Good evening! 

First of all, thank you! Thank you jhon247, thank you VoodooMike71, thank you CheetahCurtis and thank all of you who try to understand our perspective and most importantly, who try to tolerate our small <let's call them 'mistakes' for now>. 

While we're trying to be helpful and to keep the forum organised, some of our actions or decisions are not regarded as being friendly or fair.  Personally, I have read Gucio's replies and how he treated the Company Upgrades threads and he did nothing wrong; this does not mean there's no room for improvement. What could have been done better is probably what you (VoodoMike71) suggest in number 2. "We don't know at the moment. We will try to find out for you."  Although, he never said a firm "no"; he just looked at the matter from a different perspective as at that moment he had no concrete answer. But anyway, let's say this could have been answered differently.

3. when the real answer came out, why instantly lock the topic? => Simply because the question has been answered to and whoever is interested in the answer can read a total of 10 posts within the thread instead of 10 pages (maybe exaggerated, but you get my point). The less messages you read in a forum thread , the faster you find the relevant answer to your question. This is the real reasoning behind locking certain threads.

"And in turn, that makes it look like you're trying to hide stuff." => To be honest, the hiding stuff from the community lesson has been learnt by eRepublik administrators throughout the years. We try to be as transparent as possible and I think some of our Forum posts in the last year as well as the in-game Latest Updates have proved it.

Well, this is pretty much what I wanted to say and I hope you see that we don't have any bad intentions, just maybe some small communication gaps which, for sure, can be filled.

Thanks!

#14 Yui MHCP001

Yui MHCP001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:15 AM

"And in turn, that makes it look like you're trying to hide stuff." => To be honest, the hiding stuff from the community lesson has been learnt by eRepublik administrators throughout the years. We try to be as transparent as possible and I think some of our Forum posts in the last year as well as the in-game Latest Updates have proved it/

you've gotten better but i still disagree that you're as transparent as possible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users