• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Leroy Combs

Leroy Combs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

This may not belong here, but please do something to make it harder for article vote buying.  Voter clubs/vote buying has destroyed the media module in most country's.  New wrtiers have no chance to get an article into the top 5 as long as voter clubs/vote buying is allowed.

• Drew Blood, mib boby, Demonaire and 2 others like this

#2 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

agree, but media voting is outside of erepublik control i think.

• Syz2 likes this

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#3 Lorcema

Lorcema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yes Sr.!!! DOWN WITH VOTERS CLUB!!

My signature is my newspaper: http://www.erepublik...a-idea-271465/1

#4 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

I hope someday VC is banned. Meanwhile...

GET OVER 3000 SUBS AND 2000 VOTES FOR YOUR ARTICLE

ONLY WITH VOTERS CLUB

www.voters-club.com

EARN MONEY WITH ONLY FEW CLICKS PER DAY

VISIT US!!!!1!!one1!!!

Edited by Nelkosan, 12 August 2013 - 05:28 PM.

kife.jpg

#5 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Surely advertising voters club in game is external advertising and people should be banned for it... That's my thought?

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#6 Syz2

Syz2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Surely advertising voters club in game is external advertising and people should be banned for it... That's my thought?

Then so would be Party fourms, national forums, etc. Without the meta game, eRep would be dead and they know it. If they try to remove it, then people would still do it, just like how people multi and buy cheaper gold. No need to make them spend their effort on a pointless effort when they could be working on fixing the economy module among other things.

• Drew Blood likes this

#7 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yea..
read the rules
http://forum.erepubl...-rules/#entry22

Promoting products, services, charities, religions, organizations not related to eRepublik is prohibited.

I hope someday VC is banned. Meanwhile...

GET OVER 3000 SUBS AND 2000 VOTES FOR YOUR ARTICLE

ONLY WITH VOTERS CLUB

http://www.voters-club.com

EARN MONEY WITH ONLY FEW CLICKS PER DAY

VISIT US!!!!1!!one1!!!

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#8 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

But VC is related to eRepublik xD

kife.jpg

#9 Marishaa

Marishaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

But VC is related to eRepublik xD

Since they advertise voting for facebook, youtube etc its against the rules that ;)

• Drew Blood likes this

#10 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

I agree with Leroy 

#11 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Since they advertise voting for facebook, youtube etc its against the rules that ;)

Omg I will be banned D:

kife.jpg

#12 fayola

fayola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm a new player and put out a newspaper and my articles have made the top 5. I guess I am not seeing others get the thousands of votes promised from voter clubs. 

#13 Drew Blood

Drew Blood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

This may not belong here, but please do something to make it harder for article vote buying.  Voter clubs/vote buying has destroyed the media module in most country's.  New wrtiers have no chance to get an article into the top 5 as long as voter clubs/vote buying is allowed.

Then so would be Party fourms, national forums, etc. Without the meta game, eRep would be dead and they know it. If they try to remove it, then people would still do it, just like how people multi and buy cheaper gold. No need to make them spend their effort on a pointless effort when they could be working on fixing the economy module among other things.

I agree with all of the above, the fact that they sell votes outside eRepublik makes it external advertising and they should be banned; yes the party/national forums that are paid for sites should also be banned...

• Morgan LaFaye likes this

#14 Toziega Asri

Toziega Asri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationJombang East Java Indonesia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Agree with that. Most potential writers sunk by cheat.

#15 rainy sunday

rainy sunday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

I disagree. Voter's Club is a prime example of how a clever idea well-implemented can succeed. However discouraging it may be to some writers, I think it perfectly fair. I do not like what it's done to media and have no plans to use the service but the articles I wish to read are still available to me, only a page click or two away.

• BOUD1CCA likes this

1528331-2.png

#16 Morgan LaFaye

Morgan LaFaye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I disagree. Voter's Club is a prime example of how a clever idea well-implemented can succeed. However discouraging it may be to some writers, I think it perfectly fair. I do not like what it's done to media and have no plans to use the service but the articles I wish to read are still available to me, only a page click or two away.

It is unfair to those of us who wish to write, but do not have the money to buy votes.

• BOUD1CCA and Drew Blood like this

#17 Drew Blood

Drew Blood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

It is unfair to those of us who wish to write, but do not have the money to buy votes.

It is totally unfair that the rich can pay to get crap into the Top 5, while some very excellent authors never reach them....

#18 rainy sunday

rainy sunday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Voters Club owner has been banned.
http://www.erepublik...profile/4371638
Expect that may change anything?

1528331-2.png

#19 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I doubt, I mean it's their business, they just got their site done :D I guess either they will change the person in charge or new acc :D :D :D

As of voters club in general, I think most of people just find it annoying (I do too). For me I don't really notice the effect it has on media, since I rarely read articles, though the spam is somehow annoying sometimes :|

#20 Drew Blood

Drew Blood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I doubt, I mean it's their business, they just got their site done :D I guess either they will change the person in charge or new acc :D :D :D

As of voters club in general, I think most of people just find it annoying (I do too). For me I don't really notice the effect it has on media, since I rarely read articles, though the spam is somehow annoying sometimes :|

Well! Very nice...
I hope this is a sign of things to come in the future, ofc he will be allowed an appeal and may return; but I agree with the ban and is shows that 'Plato' is willing to listen to his citizens...
Sadly someone will take their place, so my questions are will it be a temp ban and will 'Plato' ban the next citizen who shouts about the voters club...?

Edited by Drew Blood, 14 August 2013 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users