• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 1453denberi

1453denberi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

It's your job to develope the game. The new world is long gone.

#82 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Will Plato offer any assistance if a particular idea requires some technology that does not currently exist?

• Demonaire, rainy sunday, Master_rg and 1 other like this

#83 B. Mester

B. Mester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

This is my latest initiative:

https://www.erepubli...ka-2647439/1/20

#84 CatBea

CatBea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

You're late...only for about 3-4 years. 

#85 lobo gothic

lobo gothic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Here's my proposal for Plato's Foundation:

erepublik.com/br/article/2647456

I run this project for almost a year. It already helped almost 100 different citizens, mainly new players, by making they feel like they're part of a group, giving them a chance to interact with different citizens and to make a few golds to speed up their development. The project has already proved its capability to lower the abandon ratio (a true problem eRepublik faces)

#86 cbird

cbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

seems like plato got lazy inventing updates on hist own

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

#87 Ellioo

Ellioo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

This is a great idea and can vastly help people in their eLife one idea already in my head free food for the poor and broke countries.

#88 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

Are there any restrictions on which community your project is geared for? Let's say I have an idea that would be better received in a community outside my own national community, are proposals like that acceptable?

No, there are no restrictions of the type. You can apply for any projects you think would make a difference in the New World, regardless of the group of people they will help - their level, nationality, strength etc.

#89 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

There has to be a way to make sure those funds go where they are supposed to.  I can see some dude getting funded and bam all that gold goes into hitting the wall instead of the project he claimed it was for.

For a one-time sponsorship, the destination of the Gold will be stated in the presentation article. As for grants, where the gold is given weekly, the players will post articles explaining what they did with the gold before receiving the next batch. Community Officers and Volunteer Moderators will also make checks to confirm the Gold is being used for the project.

• Icurlybear likes this

#90 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

2. I think the Foundation should reward the governments (CP, Ministers, Congressmen, Mayor and City Counciliors) and the political parties who promotes activity in their ecounties in-game (using newspapers, feeds and more) and the citizens who promotes new ways to play eR.

3. The Foundation must be in charge to revive the tutors and tutorial program and make it totally public. Besides, you must FIX THIS

BA_KP3IvQvO0YOCncAJoHw.png

Seriously, We need to know who are the new citizens IN REAL TIME. eR Deutschland help us a lot, but that isn't enough because when we reach them, they are already off-line (maybe forever)

With regards to 2. If you know eCitizens who deserve to be rewarded for their activity, you can write a bit about their activity and their results and propose that they are rewarded with a sponsorship.

As for 3., an update has already been made in this direction. New Citizens are listed as they join the MU Academies (the newbie-friendly MUs Citizens have proposed) on their wall. Thus they can be reached much quicker and easier. It is, indeed, a good idea. :)

#91 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

I received an invite from Plato to serve on the first Board with a link back to this thread but no further instructions.

Not sure what my next steps should be...

• Master_rg likes this

#92 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

I am confused.

I got this:

Plato
Plato | 31 minutes ago #82028101
Dear Gnilraps,

More than 24 hours have passed since I have invited you to join the Plato Foundation Board. Please let me know if you accept my invitation by tomorrow at 00:00 eRepublik time.

Your confirmation is one of the lasts steps necessary before the official launch of the project so as soon as I have it, things can move forward. If you cannot be a part of this month's board, you still have the chance to be on the Board in the following months.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S.: You will need a Discord account in order to participate to the Board's discussions.

In yesterday's invite, the link was to this thread where I posted immediately. Further, there is never a "reply" button when you get an ingame message from Plato, so it cannot be that I didn't reply to the PM I got ingame.

Today's PM mentions Discord which yesterday's PM did not. Was Discord the proper means to RSVP? If so I wish it had been indicated in the initial PM.

I will try the Discord today and see what happens.

fwiw, here is yesterday's PM:

Plato | yesterday #82021125
Dear Gnilraps,

As you know, I have been working on a new project lately, The Plato Foundation. A more extensive presentation of the project has been posted on the eRepublik Forum - you can find it here: https://forum.erepub...tos-foundation/

Because I value your commitment for the Community, I hereby invite you to join the first Plato Foundation Board. I need your help to find and sponsor the best projects we will be presented with.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

I really thought, based on that PM, that posting to this thread WAS my RSVP.
  • Master_rg likes this

#93 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

With regards to 2. If you know eCitizens who deserve to be rewarded for their activity, you can write a bit about their activity and their results and propose that they are rewarded with a sponsorship.

As for 3., an update has already been made in this direction. New Citizens are listed as they join the MU Academies (the newbie-friendly MUs Citizens have proposed) on their wall. Thus they can be reached much quicker and easier. It is, indeed, a good idea. :)

Then I can tell you that, in Colombia, it's a total failure.

No publication about MU Academies in my country. No new guides for new players published in a long, long time. No new citizens are attended whatsoever (indeed, it's very extended belief in any country to consider New Citizens as "Multiaccounts". I'm pretty sure I'm making a lot more by contacting them with Deutschland). Even the current support program for colombians only benefits Pro players.

I was wondering myself why does always the new citizens entered in 2 or 3 colombian MU. Thanks for clearing that doubt, but definitely you're not helping us.

And if that's going to be the accountability level you're going to ask to the beneficiaries of Plato's Foundation, then this project is also going to be a failure.

P.D. Considering Point 2, I think you should reward this player https://www.erepubli...profile/3450472 by creating the Deutschland and the Tools. Besides, that would be a good incentive for future new API tools developers 

Edited by Demonaire, 09 August 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#94 Icurlybear

Icurlybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBrussels

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Might as well post it here:

My submission for the Plato Foundation: Socrates

https://www.erepubli...article/2647978

• Master_rg and Jimkats1 like this

#95 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

I was wondering myself why does always the new citizens entered in 2 or 3 colombian MU. Thanks for clearing that doubt, but definitely you're not helping us.

P.D. Considering Point 2, I think you should reward this player https://www.erepubli...profile/3450472 by creating the Deutschland and the Tools. Besides, that would be a good incentive for future new API tools developers 

The MU Academies List can still be edited, in case new MUs want to take on responsibility or old ones decide to change their focus. If you know a Military Unit that is up to the task, you can send a ticket and it can be added to the list. If you want to get involved in a project like this one and help raise new soldiers for your country, you can also write a project and the Plato Foundation will fund it. It's up to you.

As for Master_rg, he is a member in this month's Board, so he cannot be proposed for endorsement. But I do agree that the work he does for the community deserves recognition and rewarding.

#96 Tinman1

Tinman1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationmidlands

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Euk has something called NHS. It provides food and game support to all new players up to a certain level. This could be extended to all countries but would need a lot of player hours to upkeep the spreadsheets.

Currently the supplies are funded by voluntary donations from Euk, the information is always accessible being on Google docs. This scheme supports new players so that possibly they may continue their interest and in turn, support other players when their companies become viable.

BTW;  NHS = National Health Service

#97 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Euk has something called NHS. It provides food and game support to all new players up to a certain level. This could be extended to all countries but would need a lot of player hours to upkeep the spreadsheets.

Currently the supplies are funded by voluntary donations from Euk, the information is always accessible being on Google docs. This scheme supports new players so that possibly they may continue their interest and in turn, support other players when their companies become viable.

BTW;  NHS = National Health Service

Could you provide an article link that describes this program?

For more info, look at my wikipage

#98 war3geek

war3geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

So now you expect players to do your job? Lazy schmucks. Maybe if you would ever listened to any of the feedback provided in the past, you wouldn't have a dead game now, abandoned even by your programmers as it seems.

#99 n0s3

n0s3

Senior Ladybug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

So now you expect players to do your job? Lazy schmucks. Maybe if you would ever listened to any of the feedback provided in the past, you wouldn't have a dead game now, abandoned even by your programmers as it seems.

In the first sentence you complain about the opportunity of player participation. In the third you complain about the game administration not listening to the players.

Which one is it now?

• Demonaire likes this

#100 war3geek

war3geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Are you blind or stupid to not understand the first sentence? The game is dead because they never listened. Its too late to start caring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: community, Plato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users