• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JPB01

JPB01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

Hey!!!!!..i'm...new...here!!!...(BTW...the...spacebar...isn't...working...right...now...sorry!)

• Citizen 69264441 likes this

#2 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

hahaha, hi

#3 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well hello there and welcome to the forum.

I hope you like what you see so far

Another good source of information is the wiki: http://wiki.erepubli...x.php/Main_Page

There are a lot of useful topics here, so do explore.
 Don't forget to check the Rules of this forum to avoid any mistakes.
Do not hesitate to ask a question.

Enjoy your game      ;)

Yeah i know, i just copy pasted my own words from a different welcome topic. But heck, what i said in these words still apply. i hope you will find it useful ;)

For more info, look at my wikipage

#4 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Well hello there and welcome to the forum.

I hope you like what you see so far

Another good source of information is the wiki: http://wiki.erepubli...x.php/Main_Page

There are a lot of useful topics here, so do explore.
 Don't forget to check the Rules of this forum to avoid any mistakes.
Do not hesitate to ask a question.

Enjoy your game      ;)

Yeah i know, i just copy pasted my own words from a different welcome topic. But heck, what i said in these words still apply. i hope you will find it useful ;)

Tommot, I always wanted to say you this:

Please, don't send people to read things without give them some proper tutoring. Not that your post isn't useful, but newbies would thank some personalized help.

• TheJuliusCaesar and Jimkats1 like this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

Hey!!!!!..i'm...new...here!!!...(BTW...the...spacebar...isn't...working...right...now...sorry!)

Have you any doubts about the game? We can solve them.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#6 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Tommot, I always wanted to say you this:

Please, don't send people to read things without give them some proper tutoring. Not that your post isn't useful, but newbies would thank some personalized help.

It's gonna be hard to give personalized help if i don't know the question. The OP did not ask for help, he merely introduced himself to the forum.

That doesn't mean i should not offer any info at all. As i don't know where or what to send him i give him just general direction to where he can find info about any subject. And when it comes to the forum rules, it's better to prevent then to fix a mistake.

#7 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

It's gonna be hard to give personalized help if i don't know the question. The OP did not ask for help, he merely introduced himself to the forum.

That doesn't mean i should not offer any info at all. As i don't know where or what to send him i give him just general direction to where he can find info about any subject. And when it comes to the forum rules, it's better to prevent then to fix a mistake.

Well, that a newbie needs help goes without saying. The question is Which.

Agree with the forum rules, and maybe I'm being too picky, but I think no newbie are going to arrive in this game knowing all and he'd expect people ready to help him, not a 300 page wiki guide about eRepublik that nobody going to read it.

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳

#8 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

I hardly call the main page of the wiki a big obstacle that would discourage a new player from looking at it.

The first thing you see on the main page of the wiki is info on the basics of the game(or at least link to the appropriate information.

XcSxHYa8QYCT65jER_C3Bw.png

This is what they will see... exactly the kind of stuff a new player needs to get started. They are not to be expected to see or find all 300 pages of which most are profile pages, MU pages and party pages and those are not the kind of things they need to know during their first days in the game.

Those basics are far more important for a new player then the ability to jump in like they where a pro for ages.

What i give them is the links/directions to the information, it is up to them to decide what to do with it.

#9 Hades III

Hades III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBonjik's basement

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hi Tommot, I'm new here.

Could you please elaborate on that picture, maybe point on key aspects of it?

hail satan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, Hi, USA, Pennsylania

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users