78 replies to this topic

#21 I n f 0 r m e r

I n f 0 r m e r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIran , mashhad

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

This is good update , will help newer accounts to join the game.

Oldies should really stop complaining , its not fun if there are only 10 people fighting.

high STR accounts can fight in 4 5 terrains now , while low STRs can only fight in 1 or 2 at most

I hope admins make this permanent :)

• ronnyJnrJnr, Alcek, Niemand and 1 other like this

#22 vladb

vladb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Is the country that has the regions as originals considered attacker in rws and sets up the terrain?

Is the dictatorship/liberation initiator considered attacker and sets up the terrain?

#23 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

I'm waiting for the rules change after the tournament starts

210402-1.png

#24 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

So all players which have active War Stash are screwed badly!!! Why we bought that stash, if we cant use it?! We DEMAND a compensation! We are givin REAL money to get some profit (extra rank points) and in the end you Plato are gettin our money, but not givin us our profit! Soooooooo "nice"...

My war stash ends in 7 days.

Lucky enough :P

210402-1.png

#25 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

AIR ?

Air battles won't be affected per the OP.

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#26 Sljivo

Sljivo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Is there a list of terrains by regions? How would that work?

#27 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

another drastic change that is not by far well enough explained. So many things are unclear. For many old players that could be the final tip to abandon the game for good. lets see if the small players will buy your packs

as far as i can see this will only apply during the event so dont quit the game over it.

mh4l.png

#28 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

Is there a list of terrains by regions? How would that work?

no the attacking cp/dictator/mod/mofa choses a terrain . i am not certain though whether its for the whole campaign applying to all the divisions or whether for some rounds only or whether in fact per division for the whole campaign

• Sljivo likes this

mh4l.png

#29 Pablo David Costa

Pablo David Costa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

Decir que Corresponde, la critica, porque en la crisis, se busca, a mi supuesto entender, que será el Stash, el valor de las ganancias repartidas. Es decir que corresponden a cada acto de prosperidad y valentía. Un lanzamiento, de combate, el requerimiento, de conseguir las mieles, de los Estados que hayan alojado empresas, y a sus empresarios y humanos haciendo más riguroso, el premio y solo para quienes consigan alterar las enemistades.

#30 Andre3567.

Andre3567.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

A few questions on some issues that haven't really been explained in the update news.

Will it be one terrain per battle, or is it possible to switch terrains after a round ends (or even during a round)? 

What happens if a RW starts without anyone from the "attacking country" being online, to set a terrain? Is there a default terrain, or will it be random? Same thing for direct MPP battles that go on auto-attack.

Are terrains the same for every division, or will it be possible to set terrain A for Div1, 2 and 4, but terrain B for Div3?

Edited by Andre3567., 05 October 2017 - 10:04 PM.

• jadiv and Alcek like this

#31 Fanaxidiel

Fanaxidiel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

This is good update , will help newer accounts to join the game.

Oldies should really stop complaining , its not fun if there are only 10 people fighting.

high STR accounts can fight in 4 5 terrains now , while low STRs can only fight in 1 or 2 at most

I hope admins make this permanent :)

Sorry friend, but I complain since I don't understand how communism affected this world so much that so many people nowadays think that equity would be giving anyone the same despite of his commitment. Equity is giving everyone equal chances to show commitment and make the difference. The day that commitment won't be important anymore, we'll see the true "Mayhem". 

More on the topic: Plato won't make permanent a change that will put his best customers at the same level of people who struggled a lot less than them to be as much important. Since many would permanently abandon the game, and all of them would permanently stop buying. 

And anyway the game would go crazy. Just imagine Serbia suggesting to its players to choose just some terrains, since the CP will use them to attack Croatia. The day after Thailand will choose different terrains (the same that have been chosen from Croatia) and airstrike Serbia that won't have enough influence to defend their regions, since the terrains are decided from the attacker. So, while Croatia is being wiped from Serbia, Serbia would be wiped from Thailand. Without any particular effort, I'd say. And should a country decide to ask their players to spread their points all among the skills, to be equally weak in all the terrains? xD Come on! And what is funny in watching every battle going on with 95% domination on the attacking side, everytime? Is that even playing?

Let's try to avoid the clash of the game: modus in rebus

Mayhem can be great to help newer players to make the difference in some rounds, but if it became the standard, the chaos would make all of the wars totally senseless, and noone would benefit with it. Please read my previous post and think of a different balance.

• Hostilian, rainy sunday and Darkslowstar like this

#32 VyC ARG

VyC ARG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

i  dont understood anything and its too long to read all.

I only hope this change is ony for some days and i can take a rest.

Every time s all more cpmplicated....

• iDiod and Darkslowstar like this

#33 Alcek

Alcek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

I hope, they will not wipe avio rounds after the event, because people spend so much time, money and efforts  on this. Also many of them have no strength. 

• Fanaxidiel and rainy sunday like this

#34 Alextreme

Alextreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

Почему не дают True Patriot Medal за авиа бои?

Why not give True Patriot Medal for air fights?

#35 M3gatr0m

M3gatr0m

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

wha are the prizes ?

#36 1224333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

Battalion bonuses ? It will not matter ?

#37 Nazar Sivukha

Nazar Sivukha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:24 AM

Good idea and interesting update, nice job. Hopefully, you'll get some expirience fom this event and this mechanics will work permanently. But still there are some questions about the way it will work while an event, and we hope that you'll give us some more information. For example, many people wonder how does a terrain selection work for RWs. Didn't still read other players' questions, but I'm sure there are interesting ones too. Regards.

#38 n0s3

n0s3

Senior Ladybug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

And should a country decide to ask their players to spread their points all among the skills, to be equally weak in all the terrains? xD

Yes.

#39 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Sorry friend, but I complain since I don't understand how communism affected this world so much that so many people nowadays think that equity would be giving anyone the same despite of his commitment. Equity is giving everyone equal chances to show commitment and make the difference. The day that commitment won't be important anymore, we'll see the true "Mayhem". 

More on the topic: Plato won't make permanent a change that will put his best customers at the same level of people who struggled a lot less than them to be as much important. Since many would permanently abandon the game, and all of them would permanently stop buying. 

And anyway the game would go crazy. Just imagine Serbia suggesting to its players to choose just some terrains, since the CP will use them to attack Croatia. The day after Thailand will choose different terrains (the same that have been chosen from Croatia) and airstrike Serbia that won't have enough influence to defend their regions, since the terrains are decided from the attacker. So, while Croatia is being wiped from Serbia, Serbia would be wiped from Thailand. Without any particular effort, I'd say. And should a country decide to ask their players to spread their points all among the skills, to be equally weak in all the terrains? xD Come on! And what is funny in watching every battle going on with 95% domination on the attacking side, everytime? Is that even playing?

Let's try to avoid the clash of the game: modus in rebus

Mayhem can be great to help newer players to make the difference in some rounds, but if it became the standard, the chaos would make all of the wars totally senseless, and noone would benefit with it. Please read my previous post and think of a different balance.

I'd like to address few points of yours:

1. No, the change would not be putting biggest spenders on same level than people who started later or aren't using money. It just makes the gap smaller, which is a good thing. Tanks can still fight on more terrains more times than others. It is, in my mind, a necessary component to keep the game alive. There won't be a game for spenders to spend on if status quo continues.

2. I don't agree with the mechanism described here, the system would not be stable, as you mention, so countries would try to get into a more stable system. They are better off by changing the distribution to more even sided one, hence they are going to do it. And vice versa, others are too better off with more even distribution, so they will change the distribution as much as they can. That would result in nations using similar terrains, perhaps with different weights. Simple game theory application.

Cheers, my two cents.

And should a country decide to ask their players to spread their points all among the skills, to be equally weak in all the terrains? xD

So as n0s3 kinda said, yes I think they should. And they most probably will, to prevent the unstable situation you described.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 06 October 2017 - 09:52 AM.

• rainy sunday likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#40 costin1989

costin1989

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

How do you/we manage the RWs? Do we set the terrain type before starting it? It will start by default on certain type and the government could change that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users