• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#41 GenioKPO

GenioKPO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

If I activate a damage booster or a ghost booster, will it apply to all the rank points, including the 100% bonus? Without a booster, my total rank points gain will be 2x. If I activate a 100% booster, will I be getting 3x or 4x rank points?

Also waiting for this question's answer

• Julio lll likes this

#42 XIONIS

XIONIS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

and then, you put the phrase "maverick pack" in the text.  everything stopped making sense.....

#43 jaywalker71

jaywalker71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

Почему не дают True Patriot Medal за авиа бои?

Why not give True Patriot Medal for air fights?

I think the air fight damage adds to the same True Patriot points as the normal fight damage. It takes some time to hit enough to get a TP medal though... :P

#44 Fanaxidiel

Fanaxidiel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

I'd like to address few points of yours:

1. No, the change would not be putting biggest spenders on same level than people who started later or aren't using money. It just makes the gap smaller, which is a good thing. Tanks can still fight on more terrains more times than others. It is, in my mind, a necessary component to keep the game alive. There won't be a game for spenders to spend on if status quo continues.

So as n0s3 kinda said, yes I think they should. And they most probably will, to prevent the unstable situation you described.

I don't sincerely like how so many people have this strange idea of weakening everyone to make the things easier. That is definitely unfair towards the efforts that players have done, and very unwise towards the mechanisms of the game. If I have 40k strength as a basis on one terrain, I will have the same chances to make the difference as any other player who didn't access the game 7-8 years like I did, but in 1 year and a bit gained the same level. Whocares fighting on more terrains: does fighting on more terrains grant an easier BH or does it really help my country in all situations? Ofc no. Not at all. Why then should I spend my money? No glory = no buyers = no money for Plato. No glory = no competition = no fun for players. You have to accept that some players have been playing or spending more to get a better account. That doesn't mean that the other players shouldn't have their chances too. Everyone should have their chances, but once you level players who threw money in the game to others who didn't, you just spit upon your own customers. And who would need again to access the game everyday? Once 40k skill is gained, not much changes if you access your account or not. And who would buy candies to rank up and be stronger? With 40k skill you get 1/5 of the rank you used to... not so fair, is it?

Plato has harmed the game sometimes, but I don't think he would be so naive to put a total end to his earnings all at once.

Let's anyway see that from a less subjective point of view. Let's take it from the point of view of any player. I login, do my work and train and wanna help in some important battle. Unlikely to happen. Everyday you only have 3-4 important battles at best, and not more of 8-10 fought rounds. Noone will be so lucky to find everytime a battle that has sense, and even more difficult will be to do it without travelling. So most of the players will focus on air battles. Tanks will be worth nothing (even because they won't help you to rank so much) and so will the Q7 weapons companies, because the demand will be much less.

Let's check Military Units. They will be the most harmed, since a commander will have to choose DO according to prios, while the players would love to have DO where they have skill. Imagine the liver of a player who has to shoot in a battle where he has no skill or a very little one, and has to make 25 kills without any rank benefit, spending tanks to avoid losing all his energy, just to... earn one candy, and no rank, no help in any battle, no true patriot, no BH. MUs would probably divide by skill and nationality (disrupting one of the few things that works: fighting together in the same MU despite of different nations) and many players would be spread between MUs. For some it could be a good way to make new friends. For the most it would mean the final blow to leave the game. 

Then you have countries. Dividing one player's strength among all the skills would be catastrophic both for the player himself (who won't rank anymore in his eLife) and for the country, since the country influence itself would be 2 or 3 / 14 of the actual one. Countries who accept the risk and get specialized in some terrains, would win all direct battles and lose all RWs. In any case the platform of wars would be totally BORING. I understand that many players are doing their best to make the game already as much boring as they can, but please... We're not the same :D  Not all of us, luckily, enjoy neverending train direct wars with regular freedom fighter RWs. Some of us still enjoy fighting, struggling, chasing, because we like to put our effort more for our country that for our own account in the election days. ;-)

eRepublik needs a new rising, not a fast death...

Edited by Fanaxidiel, 07 October 2017 - 08:01 AM.

• iDiod and Vidvuds Riikste like this

#45 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

I think this is a good update.  All the old players whinging, get over it.  Having more strength means you can spread it over more terrains.  Its almost like adding 14 more divisions and the more strength you gain each day, you can use to build on lower ranked terrains of yours.  Also your rank will play a part in how much you hit, not just your str,  40k str plus your rank will separate the players actual hit when it comes down to the nitty gritty of it all.

Another thing would be to bring down the amount of damage for TP.  Going from 200k str to 40k str means that even with the 3 times TP cash bonus, its not worth it as it was due to the fact that it will take 5 times the amount of hits and damage to get the same amount of cash.  If not bring down the damage needed, bring the cash prize up. 

Unfortunately, as with all updates, competitions and events that plato gives us, its lacking in full information leaving players a little clueless on mechanics so we just have to fly blind in to a snot storm to find out what it actually entails.  We will wait to see how badly this is implemented and im not hopeful, but the concept is a good one

Edited by ronnyJnrJnr, 07 October 2017 - 09:35 AM.

TJ1AJkd5QRuW_2KZlQiABA.png

#46 D..C

D..C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Looking forward for my holiday from this game... Nice of Plato to understand that we need a break every now and then.
  • Fanaxidiel likes this

#47 Mitsou

Mitsou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Battles will be fought on 14 different terrain types based on the choice of the attacker military leaders

I know it was asked before, but we got no answer yet. I will just repeate it so admins wont miss it: the choice will be for the whole campagain or per round? But I think battles means round. Otherwise you would write campagain...

Anyway it's a great change of pace.

erepublik-badge-125x80.png

#48 draivis

draivis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

I calculated my TP money losses  Even True Patriot Medal will award 3 times, my looses gonna be about -37%  not fair

Edited by draivis, 07 October 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#49 arioSP

arioSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:49 AM

any rewards ?

#50 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

I have not been so undermotivated in a long time

• Fanaxidiel, ronnyJnrJnr and Darkslowstar like this

#51 Darkslowstar

Darkslowstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

I hope that people who love the update and say we are whining, will buy the packs tat we wont buy anymore. good luck and happy spending :)

#52 pasdenom

pasdenom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

[...] With 40k skill you get 1/5 of the rank you used to... not so fair, is it? [...]

For me it looks like "Military rank points obtained while fighting are calculated based on the total strength of the player" or at least that's what they say in-game description. (Not to mention the 100% bonus to rank points during the event as nobody seem to care or to notice it)

• TheJuliusCaesar and ronnyJnrJnr like this

#53 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the response. 

I don't sincerely like how so many people have this strange idea of weakening everyone to make the things easier. That is definitely unfair towards the efforts that players have done, and very unwise towards the mechanisms of the game. If I have 40k strength as a basis on one terrain, I will have the same chances to make the difference as any other player who didn't access the game 7-8 years like I did, but in 1 year and a bit gained the same level. Whocares fighting on more terrains: does fighting on more terrains grant an easier BH or does it really help my country in all situations? Ofc no. Not at all. Why then should I spend my money? No glory = no buyers = no money for Plato. No glory = no competition = no fun for players. You have to accept that some players have been playing or spending more to get a better account. That doesn't mean that the other players shouldn't have their chances too. Everyone should have their chances, but once you level players who threw money in the game to others who didn't, you just spit upon your own customers. And who would need again to access the game everyday? Once 40k skill is gained, not much changes if you access your account or not. And who would buy candies to rank up and be stronger? With 40k skill you get 1/5 of the rank you used to... not so fair, is it?

Plato has harmed the game sometimes, but I don't think he would be so naive to put a total end to his earnings all at once.

First off, as I noted in the earlier post, the change in no means completely erase the gap between older, money-buffed accounts and younger, F2P accounts. This is for a few reasons:

Rank advantage

Those who have bigger strength, usually a result of longer playing time, in average also have a bigger rank. This results in larger damage. Let's do a math excercise: The influence formula is as follows: I = 10 × (1 + S/400) × (1 + R/5) × (1 + FP/100), where S is strength, R is rank and FP is firepower. Let us assume that me and you both use Q7 weapons, so our firepower is 200. Further, our strengths are capped to 40k. Now the difference is rank. You are in Legends, I battalion, so your rank value is 70 per this table. Mine is Titan*, so 67. Pretty modest difference. Now, with 10 wellness, you make 45 450 worth of influence. I do 43 632. Multiply that with, say, 100 , as that would be the standard 500 wellness + 500 wellness. This would be 10 hours (or 5 hours towards the end of week) for me who doesn't have packs (so you have much more wellness, more of that below). The result is that you would make 4 545 000 influence. I would do 4 363 200 influence. The difference between those would be 181 800 influence, which translates to roughly 40w, or 4% of the total wellness spent. 

We have a bit over one year difference how much we have spent in this game.

Wellness difference

I assume you use the combination of Power Pack and Blitzkrieg pack, as AFAIK those are the most prevalent ones among tanks. Let's even go with an assumption that Maverick pack gets killed, which I am still uncertain of. From the EB's on these two packs you already gain 6 000w. So you got 2.5 x my daily wellness (if I am awake to use them all) with your spending. That translates to a bit over 27 million influence, so 2.5x my theoretical damage output of a day. I cannot comprehend how this is not an advantage for you. Further, with BP you also get bigger energy cap, so you can stack up to bigger limits than I can. To, say, 2000 wellness, easily. No advantage?

Further, as you hit more, you also gain more regen during the week than I do. That means more wellness, more influence, and hence, more BH's.

Terrain advantage

As I previously mentioned, you have the advantage of hitting in more terrains with full strength than others. This is perhaps your biggest thing percentage-wise. If we work with the assumption that the nations in the world will condescend into using, let's say, 7 terrain types mostly, and they use it rather equally (more of that below), you can fill roughly 70% of the terrains used with your 200k strength (so 5 terrains) and therefore fight with full strength in 70% of battles. I can, with my 160k, fill only four terrains, resulting in roughly 55% of the terrains in use. So you can fight in 7 battles out of 10. I can in 5 out of 10. And you do that with bigger wellness potential. That's a huge difference. 

Let's anyway see that from a less subjective point of view. Let's take it from the point of view of any player. I login, do my work and train and wanna help in some important battle. Unlikely to happen. Everyday you only have 3-4 important battles at best, and not more of 8-10 fought rounds. Noone will be so lucky to find everytime a battle that has sense, and even more difficult will be to do it without travelling. So most of the players will focus on air battles. Tanks will be worth nothing (even because they won't help you to rank so much) and so will the Q7 weapons companies, because the demand will be much less.

I disagree with this almost completely. The prevalence of important battles is not dependent on this event or mechanic, it has literally nothing to do with this. If anything, the mechanic will increase the amount of meaningful battles, at least in the start before the stabilization. For air battles we need to apply your same criterias: meaningful and not to travel. Which you didn't do. So whereas the fighting in air battles will probably increase a bit (a result of the above applied terrain advantage), it is not because difference in meaningful battles as you said, which, again, has nothing to do with this.

Your rank gain will be similar under the mechanic as it was before it. The gain is calculated from your total strength, so 200k, not the 40k cap you use in battlefield.

No, the Q7 weapon companies won't be "worth nothing" with lower tank price, even if we assume that happens, which I doubt. The only place WRM goes is to tanks. If less tanks are produced with smaller prices, it also means they buy less WRM for the tank production. This causes the WRM price to decay to a point where the Q7 tanks are again profitable. Econ 101, my friend.

Let's check Military Units. They will be the most harmed, since a commander will have to choose DO according to prios, while the players would love to have DO where they have skill. Imagine the liver of a player who has to shoot in a battle where he has no skill or a very little one, and has to make 25 kills without any rank benefit, spending tanks to avoid losing all his energy, just to... earn one candy, and no rank, no help in any battle, no true patriot, no BH. MUs would probably divide by skill and nationality (disrupting one of the few things that works: fighting together in the same MU despite of different nations) and many players would be spread between MUs. For some it could be a good way to make new friends. For the most it would mean the final blow to leave the game. 

The new mechanic, if it is to stay, which is unsure, gives incentive for citizens of nations to communicate together and decide which terrains to concentrate on. Therefore, a bit depending on how leniently the reset tokens are distributed, there is a regression to mean, citizens are better off with maxing same terrains as country leadership uses, so they will do it. So let's check Military Units indeed. They are controlled by citizens, sometimes government, it doesn't really matter. Why? Because whatever terrains the government chooses to use, citizens will redistribute their strength accordingly. Basic game theory. Citizens are better off if they change their distribution, so they will do it. A side-result of this is that, at the start, you will face less competition in BH races than now, because not everyone of your current contenders choose the same terrains as you will. This will decay with reset tokens used.

Then you have countries. Dividing one player's strength among all the skills would be catastrophic both for the player himself (who won't rank anymore in his eLife) and for the country, since the country influence itself would be 2 or 3 / 14 of the actual one. Countries who accept the risk and get specialized in some terrains, would win all direct battles and lose all RWs. In any case the platform of wars would be totally BORING. I understand that many players are doing their best to make the game already as much boring as they can, but please... We're not the same  :D  Not all of us, luckily, enjoy neverending train direct wars with regular freedom fighter RWs. Some of us still enjoy fighting, struggling, chasing, because we like to put our effort more for our country that for our own account in the election days. ;-)

You, seem to underestimate the larger power of self-interest in this game. Bear in mind that the rank gain is not computed with the strength cap of your division, but with your overall strength. So 200k in your case. Equilibrium is going to be achieved naturally with the new mechanic, as with previous mechanisms before. As putting all eggs on three terrain basket is not good for a country as they can't defend, they won't do it. Again, classic game theory: if a country is better off with changing their course of action, they will do so, and encourage its citizens to do so.

The mechanic would incentivize trying to find a decent breakdown of strength distributions among terrains. It brings an element of strategy to the game, something which erep is sorely been lacking.

Training wars are a pretty straight consequence of the TP medal mechanic. It incentivizes every nation to have their own meaningless war for people to participate in and whore money by hitting in useless battles. This is a mechanic which should be deleted permanently, and the swifter the better. It has, again, nothing to do with the new mechanic.

I enjoy fighting, struggling, chasing, debating, discussing, politicking, writing, planning, interacting and calculating stuff in this game. I put more effort in countries and alliances in this game than I do to my account itself. I detest TW's. There won't be erepublik with status quo, which you are adamant on preserving. 

eRepublik needs a new rising, not a fast death...

So step back from your self-centered nonsense, and look from the viewpoint of the developers. What would you do to preserve the game and its revenue, even increase it?

edit. Rounded edges and erased some mudslinging. Sorry.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 10 October 2017 - 07:17 AM.

• ronnyJnrJnr and dmarto like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#54 unna343

unna343

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

I'm looking forward to this mayhem. 

#55 jaywalker71

jaywalker71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

How about answering the questions? Or will it be a series of unfortunate events finding out how things work out...

#56 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Can I choose to not spread my strength ?

210402-1.png

#57 Dibex

Dibex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

minor than 2 days at the starts and... no ideas in contest rewards? oO

Crazy way to made contests...

7251613-1.png

#58 pasdenom

pasdenom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

minor than 2 days at the starts and... no ideas in contest rewards? oO

Crazy way to made contests...

100% bonus to whatever rank points you earn (basically you'll get double rank points for each hit)

3x more CC on each True Patriot medal (however the progress for TP is quite strongly limited, to a hit made with limited STR based on the division you are in)

Edited by pasdenom, 12 October 2017 - 09:12 AM.

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

#59 xTripleXx

xTripleXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

Don't care about the event.... I'm a die hard twoclicker for about three years now... :D

But look at this from diferent perspective... the game keeps on geting more complex... the older the player the more of the basics he knows... but what about new players? How can I convince somebody to try and stay at this game if he doesnt understand a thing when he logs in for the first time?

Simplicity was the thing that lured me in tu eRepublik... that was the buty of Version 1 .... Then came the V2.... couldn't convince anybody to stay in this game ever since the V2 .... Rising is OK but still many tasks and things to understand....

I would suggest just to add more divisions... like two or three more... AND an absolute MUST - FORGET THE MAVERIC PACK.... this screws the game for the little ones.... WHY would you like to stay in a game where shomeone whit unlimited resorces comes and takes your hard fought one gold away from you? :D

P.S. and afcorse not to stand out from the mases.... fix economy!!! :D

regards

xTripleXx

#60 Fanaxidiel

Fanaxidiel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

First of all I don't like people to be misleaded in understanding what I wrote.

I didn't absolutely put myself in the rank of the old big-money-spending players. When I started the game in 2010 there were older players (writing older accounts is a bad habit of those who bought their account and didn't actually struggle day by day to achieve what they have now) who were 2000 times more effective and more strong than me. I did my part helping myself with economy and RL money to be able, in 2017, to say that my basic difference with them is about 10-15% inf. What if a player born in 2016 had 4% different inf with me? This would be strictly UNFAIR. This is what I mean: 4% is nothing. MazZa can still have benefits over me since he played more than me, and I recognize that this is ok, since what would keep a person in game if in 1 year he could be almost at the top? It would be like a Farmville session. You start, you grow, you have your showdown and you stop. eRep is better because it's different: because older players aren't unreachable, but not even so easy to deal with. The only ones who would truly benefit of such a change would be cheaters, because they could get easily several low strength accounts, since they are being sold for CC, and be effective like 10-15-20 old players who struggled with their own one account for years. This would be the total fall of this game into the hands of dirty players, and I don't like the idea.

Not just that: the gap would be much more unfillable between players who spend a lot of money in a short time and old players who spent little by little but spent more. No advantage in giving erep a quote of your monthly income everytime for many years (and these are the main customers for Plato now, deal with it) if any other player can steal your efforts easily being here just for a few months and using candies like hell. Now he is able to do that, but he has to spend more: if you want glory you need to struggle or to spend. Trying to get glory without efforts is what can kill a game (and it's easy to show that some people wish that when they keep similar situations in the international politics in the game :P).

I already showed as being able to fight on multiple terrains gives no competitive advantage during a single round, and if you can't see this fast, please take a day and see how many rounds are really fought in one day. There are no arguments to oppose this: just imagine how much would take to make a battle epic if only 3 or 4 over 14 players could take the COs that usually make them so. Again no arguments to contraddict this.

And furtherly: who cares of BH competitions. That is not what the game has to strengthen on. The game used to have its advantage in the balanced need to make your country grow to let it win. Now it wouldn't anymore be like that: even a little country would be able to wipe a bigger one, just assigning their strength where the defending country can't defend. Is that even strategy? It's strategy for cowards, something we are already experiencing and isn't pleasing everyone, am I right? I don't want to be able to wipe eSerbia because I have just chosen different skills. I want to be able to wipe it because I have struggled to bring new players, struggled to make a good strategy, struggled to find good allies and finally won a disputed battle on the field. Winning without the taste of winning is like cheating. It gives no fun (to me).

More in general: I really took in consideration the mechanics of the game, and I showed a good compromise. There can be hundreds of other compromises. What is really unthinkable is a radical change in the consideration that Plato has of his customers. I challenge anyone to get rid of his long term customers and count only on the new ones. I understand that selfishness can make someone think that the total chaos would be better, because it would discourage many players from playing actively and make some roads even easier to follow, even if totally desert. This is not wise, and these 10 days will show it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users