5 replies to this topic

#1 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

The (almost) past 10th anniversary event has driven the food consumption and therefore food prices stupidly high.

I mean I can't complain. At the beginning of the 100/6 I stored enough food to earn millions and also have a high WaM production of food on my own, enough to earn me a few more millions.

The idea I got today is... in RL they say you can't eat money. But why does this have to be true in eRepublik?

You could hardcap the food prices and provide infitnite food supllies during phases of too high demand by enabling to eat CC instead of Food.

The price could be 1cc/hp or 1cc/q1 food (= 0.5cc/hp). 1cc per Q1 food was more or less the highest price reached on the world market during the event.

Funny thing is, we can already fly using money instead of moving tickets, so why not also eat it?

A positive side effect is that with crazy high hp/6min events, cc could be burned to fight or prevent inflation from TP medals.

Maybe something like this could make sense at April Foools Day if it doesn't make sense to implement it permanently.

#2 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

i dont like this idea. people should pay more for krakken loafs as it is simply the most delicious healthy bread out there.  if you want to eat dirty stinky old money...  i suggest they bring in the eSkits as well

mh4l.png

#3 C0RRAD0 BG

C0RRAD0 BG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

I don`t like the idea

#4 Mariano Ozores

Mariano Ozores

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

in fact you already can

buy gold using CC

buy energy bars using the gold from the previous step

et voilá, you have ate money

• Master_rg, Citizen 2806484, jkeller4000 and 1 other like this

#5 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

However it's much more expensive and you don't use up your recoverable health with this. More important, you don't directly eat your money.

Even with food you eat your money indirectly because, even if you WaM produce it, you will pay an amount of CC for it.

#6 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

I'm not a fan of such thing. Breaks the food markets even more than they are broken now because of WaM. 

• lwaw likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users