37 replies to this topic

#1 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Dear Citizens,

In the following weeks we will make a number of much requested changes to the Guerrilla module.

Our primary focus will be try to make it more fun and engaging for as many players as possible.

Known for being an avid supporter of Guerrilla Fights and the organizer of the popular Guerrilla Challenges, Clopoyaur offered to mediate the communication between Plato and the community and to gather your opinions and suggestions as to how the module can be improved. The ClopoCrew delivered and the article MAKE GUERRILLA GREAT AGAIN raised a number of suggestions, some more reasonable than others, but none of them dull.

Another article that caught our eye was Nicolae Crefelean’s Make guerrilla great? Maybe. He came up with an analysis of the current features, along with their strengths and weaknesses.  He then brought up some well-documented suggestions that also managed to spark a debate in the comments.

While suggestions and proposals cover all the aspects of the module (and sometime even more than that) our first steps will be in trying to increase the fun by tweaking the balancing. We will do several iterations on this and change/revert things around based on your feedback and your matches.

For those of you who missed the news, the first set of changes is now live (starting day 3779) and includes :

• Number of kills required for joining: decreased to 2 during the tests (allowing more players to give it a try)

• Victories player bonus removed, allowing all players to test the changes under equal conditions

• Reduced round duration

• Storm Assault Rifle nerfed: clip size decreased from 5 bullets to 3 bullets

• Changed the way the chance to hit is computed

Our plan is to keep those changes live for a week or two in order to gather data and then rollout another iteration.

Of course, as we constantly need your opinions and feedback, we’d like you to let us know what you think of these changes. How do you see the Guerrilla Module changing after this update?

Please feel free to voice your thoughts in the comments below; if you need inspiration you can always check Clopoyaur’s stream on the matter here and see what the other players are saying.

• Gucio, KillerIllegal, Master_rg and 1 other like this

#2 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

In the following weeks

:lol:

• zzzingo, Zordacz, TheJuliusCaesar and 8 others like this

screenshot-414.png

#3 n0s3

n0s3

Senior Ladybug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

adinushk is alive, yay!

#4 Old 7

Old 7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

I won’t use it. I have to spend hours to drop my 9000 energy in order to get bonus damage and loose xp. I need xp to lvl up. And time consuming for this is a lor for a player like me. Also the speed. If i drop guerrila fights i may have 200 mil dmg, but if i tank i may have 1 bil. Which is more effective, yes it’s not this. So make more updates which won’t change much game impact.

PP: In the following weeks
That made my day :D
  • iDiod, ronnyJnrJnr, ELm085 and 2 others like this

#5 NO CARRIER

NO CARRIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

Why you not change "FIRE" button with power spin?

Edited by NO CARRIER, 27 March 2018 - 04:52 PM.

• nikol000, ELm085, mrnnastase and 2 others like this

#6 jaywalker71

jaywalker71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

The three people who play guerrilla will be absolutely ecstatic.

Edited by jaywalker71, 27 March 2018 - 05:13 PM.

• nikol000, TheJuliusCaesar, ronnyJnrJnr and 5 others like this

#7 kamysje

kamysje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

"much requested changes to the Guerrilla module"

Is this a joke?

People are waiting for promised City/Residency update for many months already and you are wasting time for a feature most people doesn't care at all.

• ronnyJnrJnr, Chochi and Veremiy like this

#8 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

In the following weeks...

mr-burns-laughing.gif

Edited by Demonaire, 27 March 2018 - 06:01 PM.

• ronnyJnrJnr likes this

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Nicolae Crefelean

Nicolae Crefelean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Hi there. Thanks for mentioning my article. I only wish more of my suggestions would've been implemented, but it's good to know it's not over yet - although "in the following weeks" is an annoying theme in eRepublik. "In the following weeks" we got the mayor elections and other features. Not.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the guerrilla module update.

1. "Bonus damage 0" should disappear from the design, because it's pointless and it only clutters the UI. The bonus damage should disappear for good anyway, if you expect new players to join this module.

2. The round duration is too short. Either 8 or 9 seconds would be better. If the browser is slightly under stress because of other processes on the PC, the guerilla fight UI will also be slower to react to input. That leads to very little time to react, which makes the fight rather stressful than enjoyable.

3. Please publish the changes before you implement them, so we don't have to waste time "discovering", but actually playing the damned thing.

4. The freezing bug still seems to be in place, when the players keep moving for a number of rounds ("dancing"). Make sure the developers look into that.

Now a few observations for consideration:

1. If you want to make the fights shorter, then don't make the players wait until the round time limit reaches 0:00, and perform their actions the moment both of them chose what to do. This can make the fights even shorter for the players who actually know what they're doing (and having good PCs and internet connections).

2. Fully document the guerrilla module mechanics. Don't let Clopo and others "guesstimate" how much (or if) the grenades reduce the opponents' damage. And don't say "Reduced round duration", but "Reduced round duration from X seconds to Y seconds".

3. There's a ton of information about the Chance and Skill in Game Design, so whoever wants to read about it can do so. But please be aware of the many complaints about the guerrilla fights: there's too much luck involved. So you cannot afford to make each round to have its own chances of hitting the opponents while firing, because if you do that you will only be able to do two things:

- maintain the luck-based rounds and have the same amount of players annoyed by the lack of strategy, or

- blatantly lie about the percentage you display on the HUD, raising the hit chances "under the hood" so the players perceive the game as "less luck, more strategy".

This is precisely why I suggested that the 3 grenades always make the opponent miss, because out of 20 rounds you can count that you can make the opponent miss 3 times, which is great for strategy. The only thing I would allow to happen randomly would be dodging without grenades, and I would make that a 25% successful dodge, at most. And this is also why I proposed that the weapons have a different damage based on the range, so the percentage displayed on the HUD relates to the nominal damage, not chance.

What if you still want to allow some miss chances? Then don't base them on each round, but rather on the whole match. A player should miss a maximum of 5 times while shooting, and while their opponent don't dodge. This makes 3 (grenades) + 5 (chance) = 8 misses in total. The rest is actual fighting and strategy based on the distance and weapons in the inventory. This makes the game more predictable, and you'll see Clopo and others counting how many shots they missed, so they know if they will have better chances at the end of the battle, which easily becomes more exciting because both players have better chances to hit. This would encourage the players to fire a lot in the beginning, to tempt the miss chances as soon as they can, so they can score in the end. Strategy!

EDIT: In order to prevent abuse, the miss counter should not be affected if the players intentionally use weapons that are out of range (according to my initial article).

4. I hope you'll add all the X-Type inventory items to buy and auto-merge the existing items, because there's no point in wasting them, considering everything is paid for. This would not only fix the inventory limit bug, but also make it much easier to navigate through the inventory items and equip them before a new fight. Quite an improvement, right?

5. Make this module fun to play, and then also consider a guerrilla feed. Otherwise the Friends feed will most likely be flooded, as it was a long time ago, before everyone got sick and tired of the crappy module's status.

Edited by Nicolae Crefelean, 27 March 2018 - 06:51 PM.

• TimeForRevenge likes this

#10 potree

potree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Me parece vergonzoso quitar el bonus 2 después de años gastando gold en armas buenas y granadas de gold para luego perder el bonus y no tener esa ventaja por la habilidad y el gasto y el daño extra quitado más vergonzoso

#11 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Me parece vergonzoso quitar el bonus 2 después de años gastando gold en armas buenas y granadas de gold para luego perder el bonus y no tener esa ventaja por la habilidad y el gasto y el daño extra quitado más vergonzoso

La verdad, ese bono hacía más daño que bien. En mi caso mejoré mucho mi técnica de guerrilla para combatir, incluso podía ganarle a los de bono 2, pero jamás logre superar el techo del -30 de diferencia.

Solo eso hace que la actualización valga la pena. Ahora, lo de bajarnos a 6 segundos el tiempo para pensar nuestras acciones es de sádicos.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Chochi

Chochi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

Lol. Maybe I should write an article about hospitals and defense systems so you guys can use that as an excuse to waste your time trying to "improve" another useless and unused piece of the game. Just kill guerrilla fights and be done with it. 

#13 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:54 AM

I like how we all ignored n0s3y

• Nicolae Crefelean likes this

#14 CornelB

CornelB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

Bet more than 100 health to compensate/equalize (DPS wise) normally tanking in a battle

Auto-reload weapons after combat.

Auto-refill inventory after combat (when items/armor/weapons have expired and i have in stock)

Warning when entering Gorilla with less than 100 health :D

I do love the 5 second round timer, though.

Edited by CornelB, 29 March 2018 - 07:24 AM.

#15 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

Removal of bonus damage? Guess more new players will join while old players will leave.

• Milanezu likes this

#16 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

still not gonna use it for many many reasons. Besides the fact that plato is pretending to give a damn about any suggestions we might have (not that ive seen anything about it)  and is guaranteed to be badly implemented and half baked like the rest of platos modules he half introduces.  Why are people giving suggestions?? do they not know that plato doesnt really give a toss and will go do what he wants anyway and it never ends well

• Milanezu likes this

TJ1AJkd5QRuW_2KZlQiABA.png

#17 n0s3

n0s3

Senior Ladybug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

I like how we all ignored n0s3y

whom?

#18 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

This is the song that doesn’t end
It just goes on and on my friends
Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was
And they'll continue singing it forever just because
This is the song that doesn’t end...

#19 Vladmir of HueHueLand

Vladmir of HueHueLand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Dear Citizens,

In the following weeks we will make a number of much requested changes to the Guerrilla module.

Our primary focus will be try to make it more fun and engaging for as many players as possible.

Known for being an avid supporter of Guerrilla Fights and the organizer of the popular Guerrilla Challenges, Clopoyaur offered to mediate the communication between Plato and the community and to gather your opinions and suggestions as to how the module can be improved. The ClopoCrew delivered and the article MAKE GUERRILLA GREAT AGAIN raised a number of suggestions, some more reasonable than others, but none of them dull.

Another article that caught our eye was Nicolae Crefelean’s Make guerrilla great? Maybe. He came up with an analysis of the current features, along with their strengths and weaknesses.  He then brought up some well-documented suggestions that also managed to spark a debate in the comments.

While suggestions and proposals cover all the aspects of the module (and sometime even more than that) our first steps will be in trying to increase the fun by tweaking the balancing. We will do several iterations on this and change/revert things around based on your feedback and your matches.

For those of you who missed the news, the first set of changes is now live (starting day 3779) and includes :

• Number of kills required for joining: decreased to 2 during the tests (allowing more players to give it a try)

• Victories player bonus removed, allowing all players to test the changes under equal conditions

• Reduced round duration

• Storm Assault Rifle nerfed: clip size decreased from 5 bullets to 3 bullets

• Changed the way the chance to hit is computed

Our plan is to keep those changes live for a week or two in order to gather data and then rollout another iteration.

Of course, as we constantly need your opinions and feedback, we’d like you to let us know what you think of these changes. How do you see the Guerrilla Module changing after this update?

Please feel free to voice your thoughts in the comments below; if you need inspiration you can always check Clopoyaur’s stream on the matter here and see what the other players are saying.

well if you have time to read all this articles and write this post, please read and answer about https://forum.erepub...-cities-update/ too.
we are tired of half implementations.

• ronnyJnrJnr and Milanezu like this

#20 Nicolae Crefelean

Nicolae Crefelean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Dear Citizens,

Meanwhile, in a different thread...

Local elections
The local elections module will be added as the next step in the following weeks.

I'm afraid we have no updates available yet.

still waiting for:

Alliance no more in beta
q6/q7 house
Perception
Q2/Q3/Q4/Q5/Q6/Q7 air weapons
and local elections

a lot of dead projects? :rolleyes:

7 months.

What the hell are you guys even doing?

willing to bet $ come may 2018 local elections wont be added

I received info from credible sources telling me that the local elections module will be added

Spoiler

They will abandon this project (like they do with any other) and they will work on Guerrilla module.

Right... <_<

Back to this thread...

duke-nukem-game-over.jpg

Edited by Nicolae Crefelean, 16 May 2019 - 08:33 AM.

• ronnyJnrJnr, Chochi and Citizen 2806484 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users