#21 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:35 AM

There is a mobile version of the web game, why not just improve or upgrade it? (m.erepublik.com)

It's not a waste of resources. More people will join if they find the game from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. 

• Alex.L, Vladmir of HueHueLand and Jimkats1 like this

screenshot-414.png

#22 zazgan85

zazgan85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

It's not a waste of resources. More people will join if they find the game from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. 

Lol

If this is aimed at new players, then it would be best to start fresh and make a new game. Who the hell will start a game, where the outcome of the battles is dominated by 10 year old players with an uncatchable advantage. Developing a mobile application on old apis with integration to a patched up database and business logic is a waste of resources.

And again, if you wanted to speed things along, you could convert the angular mobile page to cordova and just build it for ios and android. 

I would make a new game, take concepts and what they learned from this, make a hybrid app for a mobile and web game and "maybe" allowed some transfer of the old players resources.

For example the guerrilla battles and the regular battle concept dont work together at all. If the guerrilla is a mini game, then it should be a type of battle. Like regular tank/weapon battle, airbattles, guerrilla battles, where each should be a "mini" game. From a simple, pressing the button real fast, to maybe something more interesting for an aerial battle, to the more complex guerrilla stuff. 

Any software is due to a complete overhaul/rebuild after 10 years.

And from the game design point of view, all mobile apps tend to scale in such a way, that getting to "endgame" of being a top player, requires you to buy a lot of different packs. Here, the only scaling is time, and there is no other individual growth. All the spending is done for a collective success of wining a battle, which grants no real advantages (since the economy is pointless anyway). I dont see how such a concept would work on a mobile game, where you want the player to keep playing your game, and spending the money to get better, stronger, and to have some sort of an impact on the game. I can create an account, spend 3000 euros to buy gold and energy bars, and then i do what? I cant sell anything for a profit so playing the game as an strategy based game is out of the question, i cant dominate the leaderboards in damage, since my strength or rank will only grow with enough time, and i will allways be far behind the players that started years ago. The only thing i can do, is write articles and try to dominate politics, but this is not a fun mobile game.

In a mobile game i want to shoot stuff and get more kills than my opponents, i want to lvl up and get some kind of cool upgrades, i want to build factories, that give profit or better weapons, or more energy. And i want to have some kind of impact on the game in a couple of weeks, or at least see some nice progress in maybe some missions or something. Can i do any of that in erepublik as a new player?

No i cant. I can register, then start collecting 10g a day for my training centers, upgrade my str every day, fight in aerial battles and other battles to slowly improve my rank, and maybe in two months, i will be gaining str at the same rate as the old players. There are no more discounts on factories, so i can forget to competing in the economy, the market is so inflated with goods, that there is no profit in raw materials, and i will be encouraged to fight in battles that dont matter to me as a player just to get cc from co or weapons from some old players.

Never ever is such a mobile game going to attract new players let alone make them spend money. It just another waste of resources. That is my opinion and i could be wrong.   

But since there is a tendency in the last 5 years, to promise new, exciting stuff, to attract money, then not fulfilling the promised (houses, air battles, cities), i only see this as a step in the same direction. All the effort invested into this will yield minimum profit, that will barely cover the cost of production and will leave the game the same or worse shape that it already is. 

After all that happened, i think the only way forward is a completely new game, since the acquired debt of false promises is to big.

• Colt Miller and Nicolae Crefelean like this

#23 YanCurtis

YanCurtis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Yes

#24 Varvarin1976

Varvarin1976

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBanja Luka, RS-BiH

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

Lol

If this is aimed at new players, then it would be best to start fresh and make a new game. Who the hell will start a game, where the outcome of the battles is dominated by 10 year old players with an uncatchable advantage. Developing a mobile application on old apis with integration to a patched up database and business logic is a waste of resources.

And again, if you wanted to speed things along, you could convert the angular mobile page to cordova and just build it for ios and android. 

I would make a new game, take concepts and what they learned from this, make a hybrid app for a mobile and web game and "maybe" allowed some transfer of the old players resources.

For example the guerrilla battles and the regular battle concept dont work together at all. If the guerrilla is a mini game, then it should be a type of battle. Like regular tank/weapon battle, airbattles, guerrilla battles, where each should be a "mini" game. From a simple, pressing the button real fast, to maybe something more interesting for an aerial battle, to the more complex guerrilla stuff. 

And from the game design point of view, all mobile apps tend to scale in such a way, that getting to "endgame" of being a top player, requires you to buy a lot of different packs. Here, the only scaling is time, and there is no other individual growth. All the spending is done for a collective success of wining a battle, which grants no real advantages (since the economy is pointless anyway). I dont see how such a concept would work on a mobile game, where you want the player to keep playing your game, and spending the money to get better, stronger, and to have some sort of an impact on the game. I can create an account, spend 3000 euros to buy gold and energy bars, and then i do what? I cant sell anything for a profit so playing the game as an strategy based game is out of the question, i cant dominate the leaderboards in damage, since my strength or rank will only grow with enough time, and i will allways be far behind the players that started years ago. The only thing i can do, is write articles and try to dominate politics, but this is not a fun mobile game.

In a mobile game i want to shoot stuff and get more kills than my opponents, i want to lvl up and get some kind of cool upgrades, i want to build factories, that give profit or better weapons, or more energy. And i want to have some kind of impact on the game in a couple of weeks, or at least see some nice progress in maybe some missions or something. Can i do any of that in erepublik as a new player?

No i cant. I can register, then start collecting 10g a day for my training centers, upgrade my str every day, fight in aerial battles and other battles to slowly improve my rank, and maybe in two months, i will be gaining str at the same rate as the old players. There are no more discounts on factories, so i can forget to competing in the economy, the market is so inflated with goods, that there is no profit in raw materials, and i will be encouraged to fight in battles that dont matter to me as a player just to get cc from co or weapons from some old players.

Never ever is such a mobile game going to attract new players let alone make them spend money. It just another waste of resources. That is my opinion and i could be wrong.   

But since there is a tendency in the last 5 years, to promise new, exciting stuff, to attract money, then not fulfilling the promised (houses, air battles, cities), i only see this as a step in the same direction. All the effort invested into this will yield minimum profit, that will barely cover the cost of production and will leave the game the same or worse shape that it already is. 

After all that happened, i think the only way forward is a completely new game, since the acquired debt of false promises is to big.

Signed!

#25 Demonaire

Demonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

Lol

Although I disagree in some things, your message's core is esentially correct.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE. ┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
ಠ_ಠ Put. ಠ__ಠ The tables. ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Nicolae Crefelean

Nicolae Crefelean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:51 PM

the acquired debt of false promises is to big.

True. I'm not sure how much feedback they got, but I sent them enough to offer the developer(s) some hours of work. I bet others did the same. The app eats the battery alive, to the point that the charger cannot keep up with the power consumption rate. You can't even exit the app, so you have to kill it. So here we are, 4 months after the announcement, and we have no update.

But hey, there are still a few thousands of stupid players who keep hoping the game will magically turn into something nice. So why not take advantage of them?

#27 Jimkats1

Jimkats1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

True. I'm not sure how much feedback they got, but I sent them enough to offer the developer(s) some hours of work. I bet others did the same. The app eats the battery alive, to the point that the charger cannot keep up with the power consumption rate. You can't even exit the app, so you have to kill it. So here we are, 4 months after the announcement, and we have no update.

But hey, there are still a few thousands of stupid players who keep hoping the game will magically turn into something nice. So why not take advantage of them?

The last update was less than 2 months ago. Still not any big changes/fixes though.

I didn't face any power consumption issue. Maybe it differs from device to device.

Hellas 4ever

#28 Oktobrios

Oktobrios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Lol

Signed!!!

#29 Sir Edgard

Sir Edgard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

Hi, how about the progress?

#30 semiRocket

semiRocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

We don't need yet another interface, we need something useful... implement SPACE FORCE ASAP before the president!

Pls and ty.

#31 Khutawyra101

Khutawyra101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

Count me in pls

#32 Jimkats1

Jimkats1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

We don't need yet another interface, we need something useful... implement SPACE FORCE ASAP before the president!

Pls and ty.

wat

• semiRocket likes this

Hellas 4ever

#33 semiRocket

semiRocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:31 PM

wat

Just trust me!

#34 Vladmir of HueHueLand

Vladmir of HueHueLand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:59 AM

i hope its not another excuse to do not make any event in the next days where every year we have something.

Disappointed since word cup.

#35 sombra.18

sombra.18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

Game is disappointing since pre-alfa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users