• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kittib

kittib

• Administrators
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

Dear players,

We would like to clarify some aspects about how the Natural Enemy Law (NE) works in terms of timers. For example, let’s take these two cases:

Case 1: If a country has no NE, a NE can be set at any time via a “super majority law” which requires 66% of the Congress votes to pass, as long as the countries share a common border, as stated here.

Case 2If a country has a NE set and wants to choose another NE (or unset) they can do so if 7 days (7x24 hours) have passed since the original NE bonus has become active (“set” implies that the law has passed and NE bonuses became active). This is mentioned here.

If a war with a NE closes because no common borders are available, the NE is also canceled, as stated here. After the NE is canceled, the country can choose a new NE, as per Case 1.

While the NE mechanics have not changed since it was initially introduced, the “days ago” proposal date format on the laws listing, along with the fact that the 7 days interval is computed since the law has passed and the NE is set do create confusion. Until now, this was solved by providing answers to the tickets sent by the country presidents who were inquiring about the inability to set a NE .

In order to remove the confusion and enable players to accurately compute the 7 days interval, we have added a “proposed at” timestamp on the laws page, as well as the timestamp showing when the current NE was set in the country/military pages.

Example: Romania had set Turkey as Natural Enemy on Day 3,954 and the war was closed due to lack of common borders after 1 battle on day 3955 (displayed in the war history tab of the battle console erepublik.com/en/military/battlefield/144199 ).

With the NE canceled, the law to propose a new NE became available.

If you want to share your opinion on this change or if you feel that other timers have similar problems that need to be addressed, please feel free to do so in the comments.

• Jimkats1 likes this

#2 Jimkats1

Jimkats1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Besides the timestamp intro, which is indeed useful, for every single law and not only NE ones, I think the rest of the clarification was for sure known at most payers, I think.

Hellas 4ever

#3 zzzingo

zzzingo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

Keep it up, more QoL updates are always good! :)

More inspiration ;) https://www.erepubli...publik--2653160

• Jimkats1 likes this

#4 semiRocket

semiRocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:18 PM

Good, now the bugs should be more obvious.

Edited by semiRocket, 12 October 2018 - 04:18 PM.

#5 Alex.L

Alex.L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Should have been available from the very beginning (I don't think it was very hard to implement it) but still a good update

#6 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

What happened with 

screenshot-984.png?

This law was removed by admins only so Croatia can NE Romania and get 10% TP bonus 1 day earlier. 

Edited by LIKE A B0SS, 12 October 2018 - 05:45 PM.

screenshot-414.png

#7 semiRocket

semiRocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:41 PM

What happened with 

screenshot-984.png?

This law was removed by admins only so Croatia can NE Romania and get 10% TP bonus 1 day earlier. 

I've figured out how to hack to remove laws. Now we don't have to wait for timers anymore. So now it is equal, don't cry.

#8 SaluteDePlatane

SaluteDePlatane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Very good and useful update. Know please fix the new battle timer bug which appears many times between battles

• Jimkats1 likes this

#9 aimeisan

aimeisan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:09 PM

I don't see why there wasn't a date instead of the "x days ago" thing that has no information value.

#10 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:33 AM

I'm a Country President I IDGAF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Natural Enemy, NE, Natural Enemy Law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users