Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

e3qLdp.jpg

We recommend you to change passwords regularly and periodically check for breaches on platforms like https://haveibeenpwned.com/

this is what you get when you access the site.

5y9DgT.jpg

Now I dont understand what this so called vulnerability is?

Could you please explain.

I have tested arar's site and asked him myself he does not use emails as login. 

So how would anyone access our accounts if they dont know our email login?

tSdVgr.jpg

I also checked it does not require your email address in the username section.

Is the fear that a player will fill in his erepublik email in username and his erepublik password in password.

and that a hacker could access arar's site and enter player accounts?

this is not criticism leveled at either arar or admins of erepublik.  i just want to figure out what the vulnerability plato is talking about.  seldom use third party sites  but perhaps in the future they would put something in there that is useful.  then i would need to figure out whether site is safe or harmful.

Edited by Releasethe Krakken, 29 March 2020 - 10:46 AM.

mh4l.png

#2 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:43 PM

They did not specify which third party site was compromised. There are multiple erep-tool sites out there... many no longer maintained and thus vulnerable to abuse.

The site you refer to is just one of many and most likely not the one that has been compromised.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#3 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:16 AM

They did not specify which third party site was compromised. There are multiple erep-tool sites out there... many no longer maintained and thus vulnerable to abuse.

The site you refer to is just one of many and most likely not the one that has been compromised.

arar was banned on same day. even using erepbox was no longer allowed.  he mentions some stuff in his article.  but even if it is not his site.  should there be no clarification of the message by plato.

personally i never even knew about site but a lot of feather fluffing went on about it including some fp points and some articles removed.

mh4l.png

#4 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

Ok, if it is arar's place that plato refers to. It is a matter to be handled between arar and plato and not something we are supposed to get involved in.

I do agree on 1 thing.... i too like to know what third party site plato is refering to so that i can avoid it.

Anyway, i get the impression that plato's message is mostly to make us aware of practicing safe internet usage and not about discussing the vulnerability of a specific place.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#5 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

cb script injects code "on the fly" without google's approval. it had bitcoin miner before. not to mention that it offers features that shouldn't be allowed like auto eating, working, fighting in epic battles, etc... i dont see erepublik banning the developer, that even profits from this script by selling licences for ingame currency, and blacklisting the script from shouts. you can literally paste the link to the script in the shout but you can't write erepbox

Edited by LIKE A B0SS, 30 March 2020 - 06:54 PM.

screenshot-414.png

#6 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:00 AM

cb script injects code "on the fly" without google's approval. it had bitcoin miner before. not to mention that it offers features that shouldn't be allowed like auto eating, working, fighting in epic battles, etc... i dont see erepublik banning the developer, that even profits from this script by selling licences for ingame currency, and blacklisting the script from shouts. you can literally paste the link to the script in the shout but you can't write erepbox

ok if plato explained that we could know what to avoid as players.  though plato should be clearer with developers.  i can remember in another game a recruitment program the top price would be a world for the player and his friends alone.  they never thought it would be reached .  but the player that provided stats about the game posted his recruitment link in his stats site and reached the top tier .  then they banned him :P . ofc admins and community managers that acted with almost total power totally deteriorated what was a good game.  to the effect that i see a main feature of the game has not been used for almost 3 years due to player numbers declining.  banning players always are a double edged sword.

Edited by Releasethe Krakken, 05 April 2020 - 11:00 AM.

mh4l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users