• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EastSide

EastSide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:08 PM

Two days ago I put one Q1 food company at sale (it was assigned to my holding).

Initially I put some price that is not competitive, so I wanted to change it (through the Sell/Dissolve option), but that doesn't work - when I enter Sell company page I just see message saying "This building cannot be sold.", i.e. there is no usual option to change the price or withdraw company from sale.

I also tried to unassign company form the holding, but after that it even disappeared form market (previously I was able to see my offer)?!

In meantime, during last two days, I successfully sold other 5 companies (also Q1 food), using the same scenario.

This looks like some bug... What do you suggesting to do, guys, to "unlock" my company?

#2 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 12:46 PM

Two days ago I put one Q1 food company at sale (it was assigned to my holding).

Initially I put some price that is not competitive, so I wanted to change it (through the Sell/Dissolve option), but that doesn't work - when I enter Sell company page I just see message saying "This building cannot be sold.", i.e. there is no usual option to change the price or withdraw company from sale.

I also tried to unassign company form the holding, but after that it even disappeared form market (previously I was able to see my offer)?!

In meantime, during last two days, I successfully sold other 5 companies (also Q1 food), using the same scenario.

This looks like some bug... What do you suggesting to do, guys, to "unlock" my company?

I've escalated this to the devs so they can investigate. 

#3 Hades III

Hades III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBonjik's basement

Posted 16 May 2022 - 12:53 PM

I've escalated this to the devs so they can investigate. 

Come on man, don't escalate things all of a sudden

• U.M. likes this

hail satan

#4 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:57 PM

From what I understand, if the building is a Plato Factory then it cannot be sold. 

#5 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:59 PM

Come on man, don't escalate things all of a sudden

Good one :)

#6 EastSide

EastSide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 03:20 PM

From what I understand, if the building is a Plato Factory then it cannot be sold. 

What means "Plato Factory"? Factory that is not regularly created, but instead won at some event or so?

Unfortunately, I could not remember how I created my factories, ti was long time ago... However, that Q1 food factory appeared at market initially and stayed there few days, until I unassigned it from my holding.

Also, as nobody answered few days, I dissolved it to get back at least some money.

Edited by EastSide, 16 May 2022 - 03:20 PM.

#7 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 11:26 AM

What means "Plato Factory"? Factory that is not regularly created, but instead won at some event or so?

Unfortunately, I could not remember how I created my factories, ti was long time ago... However, that Q1 food factory appeared at market initially and stayed there few days, until I unassigned it from my holding.

Also, as nobody answered few days, I dissolved it to get back at least some money.

A Plato factory is the one you get when you start the game. If it's Plato issued (you got it from some event or when you started playing) then it cannot be sold. 

#8 EastSide

EastSide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 11:37 AM

Could be that I got that one at some point (I joined eRep at May 28, 2009).

However, probably it should be differently handled instead of allowing it to be put at the market and then "freeze it" in that state. Message prior to putting at the market would be fine and user friendly (e.g. You are not allowed to put this company at the sale because of bla, bla)...

In any case, I solved my issue by dissolving that company, few golds less but all good now.

#9 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 07:11 AM

Could be that I got that one at some point (I joined eRep at May 28, 2009).

However, probably it should be differently handled instead of allowing it to be put at the market and then "freeze it" in that state. Message prior to putting at the market would be fine and user friendly (e.g. You are not allowed to put this company at the sale because of bla, bla)...

In any case, I solved my issue by dissolving that company, few golds less but all good now.

I will share this suggestion with the devs. 

• EastSide likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users