8 replies to this topic

#1 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 05:18 PM

The economy module needs work and the balance is tipped in favor of the old whale players who control most of the production. My proposed idea is to increase the amount of energy used in work as manager. I believe this will create a decision point for those stronger and wealthier players to consume less of their precious energy in production and to focus it on military instead. I believe this will create a short to intermediate term gap in the market that can be filled by those who care more about the economy module, or those who would like to focus on economy first while they catch up on rank points (younger players). To back this up, I find myself caring more about the return on energy used in production than I do about return on gold invested. At least more so now than before when I had to be very efficient from an investment standpoint to just get by.

I have three possible ideas below, varying in magnitude of impact. I hope to hear feedback and consideration, thank you.

Energy consumed by quality of company

Current Game State

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 10

Q3 - 10

Q4 - 10

Q5 - 10

Q6 - 10

Q7 - 10

Proposal #1

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 11

Q3 - 12

Q4 - 13

Q5 - 14

Q6 - 15

Q7 - 20

Proposal #2

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 10

Q3 - 10

Q4 - 20

Q5 - 20

Q6 - 20

Q7 - 30

Proposal #3

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 20

Q3 - 30

Q4 - 40

Q5 - 50

Q6 - 60

Q7 - 100

#2 Amber Flame

Amber Flame

Advanced Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:26 AM

The economy module needs work and the balance is tipped in favor of the old whale players who control most of the production. My proposed idea is to increase the amount of energy used in work as manager. I believe this will create a decision point for those stronger and wealthier players to consume less of their precious energy in production and to focus it on military instead. I believe this will create a short to intermediate term gap in the market that can be filled by those who care more about the economy module, or those who would like to focus on economy first while they catch up on rank points (younger players). To back this up, I find myself caring more about the return on energy used in production than I do about return on gold invested. At least more so now than before when I had to be very efficient from an investment standpoint to just get by.

I have three possible ideas below, varying in magnitude of impact. I hope to hear feedback and consideration, thank you.

Energy consumed by quality of company

Current Game State

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 10

Q3 - 10

Q4 - 10

Q5 - 10

Q6 - 10

Q7 - 10

Proposal #1

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 11

Q3 - 12

Q4 - 13

Q5 - 14

Q6 - 15

Q7 - 20

Proposal #2

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 10

Q3 - 10

Q4 - 20

Q5 - 20

Q6 - 20

Q7 - 30

Proposal #3

Q1 - 10

Q2 - 20

Q3 - 30

Q4 - 40

Q5 - 50

Q6 - 60

Q7 - 100

I've shared this with the devs. 

#3 Hades III

Hades III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBonjik's basement

Posted 24 January 2023 - 08:21 AM

I've shared this with the devs. 

Can you share with them that I find them fascinating, inspiring and overall sexually attractive

• eastwindrain likes this

hail satan

#4 idna

idna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 10:55 AM

No.

#5 eastwindrain

eastwindrain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJ/a/pan

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:27 AM

Can you share with them that I find them fascinating, inspiring and overall sexually attractive

I want George's gluteus pics

• Hades III likes this

#6 N e v a n d e r

N e v a n d e r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:09 PM

Ridiculous.

We have a market module that is already a shit (tax, pollution factor, radius limitations related with regions/bonus/resources, etc) and you want make it worse?

Big holdings already spends a lot in a module that takes forever to "pay" the investment. A joke of a module. I am not even sure if i should consider calling it a "market or economic module". With all its bad factors, it rather looks a logistic module.

Your idea might give us an astonishing inflation on the gold/monetary market, tokens market, houses, job market, etc. In the end if all sellers are profiting more, they will be likely spending more as well. Which means: you jail everybody in 1 module and nothing changes.

Edited by N e v a n d e r, 27 January 2023 - 02:32 AM.

#7 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:57 PM

Ridiculous.

We have a market module that is already a shit (tax, pollution factor, radius limitations related with regions/bonus/resources, etc) and you want make it worse?

Big holdings already spends a lot in a module that takes forever to "pay" the investment. A joke of a module. I am not even sure if i should consider calling it a "market or economic module". With all its bad factors, it rather looks a logistic module.

Your idea might give us an astonishing inflation on the gold/monetary market, tokens market, houses, job market, etc. In the end if all sellers are profiting more, they will be likely spending more as well. Which means: you jail everybody in 1 module and nothing changes.

I'm not disagreeing that there are a lot of other changes that could be made to improve the game. I'm trying to make it better, not worse. I love to debate the merits of the proposal though. At the end of the day, unless something gets drastically changed, the economy will always reach an equilibrium point/range eventually. So,what I believe will really happen is profit margins will improve to compensate for the additional energy cost. There are three main groups of producers, newbies that have low quality and quantity and need the best ROI to get by, middle tier like me who focus equally on ROI but less importantly as it's also about margin on energy consumed, and the big guys who own hundreds of Q7s and have millions of $ who are more focused on how much they can make per energy as opposed to per gold invested. That top tier would be most sensitive to the change and would back off production until the nominal spread increased enough. That would create a temporary gap in the market that would trickle down to those producers that care more about making best return on investment than getting the most for your energy.

I could always be wrong but welcome a thoughtful debate to think through how it could play out. If you disagree, I also urge you to think what would happen in the opposite scenario, one in which Q1s only take 1 energy, Q2 only 2 energy etc. to produce.

Lastly, this isn't an attack on wealthier players, I wouldn't want to do that to myself as I'm on my way. I think the point of a game is to have fun, thus, this would create a new decision point when building, upgrading, producing and even downgrading companies as right now it's all about money, after proposed changes it could be about managing money and energy. To me that would be fun because it would create a need to model out when it makes sense to produce or not, or even if I should downgrade a company as lower quality companies will likely be more favorable.

#8 eastwindrain

eastwindrain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJ/a/pan

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:53 AM

work as manager = fake economy

they should spend their time erasing this dumb mechanic. its not realistic whatsoever ... robotic construction and fabrication ad nauseum. Whoever spends the most wins... more of the same cliché crap admin has been doing for 8-9 years straight.   

#9 N e v a n d e r

N e v a n d e r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 10:48 AM

edit: nevermind

Edited by N e v a n d e r, 07 February 2023 - 09:21 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: economy, WAM, Energy, Companies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users