No replies to this topic

#1 Scott102

Scott102

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:10 PM

Hi, guys.

Well, let me tell my story: I was a very chubby kid and when tried to play football (soccer, for Americans) in the school I absolutely sucked at it. So when I was on the pitch no one passed the ball to me - which is comprehensible because I was terrible - and my lack of ability at the sport triggered even more mockery by the other boys against me. This obviously was not good for my self-esteem, which was already not that great, and it led me to eventually abandon the practice of football.

But although today I have a relatively good physical conditioning and I love football with all my heart, I still can't play it for fun because I have no practice and the the little I've once had was a lot of time ago. Today I am probably as bad as I was at that time and I couldn't play with my work colleagues without bringing up some of my least pleasant childhood memories.

So is there any individual training I can do to be able to play with other guys without putting myself in an embarrassing situation? Or do you guys have any idea where could I find a less toxic environment to get used with the sport without being mocked? I mean... I don't expect to play at the Premier League I just want to have fun.

renderTimingPixel.png

Edited by Scott102, 26 September 2021 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users