• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Currently is just limited to the top 5.... I think its unfair and idiotic... Countries with 30 political parties are a joke for that reason...

Parties are the way citizen join togheter and create community.... Allowing the top 10 will add plurality to the currently limited elections...

Will give people a chance to participate with their own voice and not forced to join another Party just to be able to run for congress or being forced to just support other candidates...

Edited by Camarada Ernesto, 12 August 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#2 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

It would also benefit for PTO-ers...

Not supported.

#3 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not supported.

So lets delete monthly elections too... You know, preventing ptovers.

#4 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not supported.

once i see ptovers controlling all the topFive parties at the same time in our country....
I guess if they could be able to controll 10 Parties at the same time....

But this is not about tovers is about adding political participation in our political module.... Look spain, brasil, poland... How many Political parties they have? They became uselees because you will have always 90% of them out of election.

#5 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well the idea of the top 10 parties could probably work in larger countries like USA or Poland. Though the current system allows the smaller countries to control the PTO level up to a degree. Keeping control of 5 parties is possible, whereas keeping control of 10 parties for a small country would be quite impossible. Hence in a long run I don't think it would work out.

#6 Get What I Can

Get What I Can

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGenève, Switzerland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

no, in my country can be the worst idea evar 

PqGswvI.png

#7 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well the idea of the top 10 parties could probably work in larger countries like USA or Poland. Though the current system allows the smaller countries to control the PTO level up to a degree. Keeping control of 5 parties is possible, whereas keeping control of 10 parties for a small country would be quite impossible. Hence in a long run I don't think it would work out.

Then allow more Parties according the nations population.

Noone will tover spain, poland, for sure... Then allow them more parties for them. You can define de secure number of active population to increase the Party participation....

#8 Adrijan Barca

Adrijan Barca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I dont agree with your idea

#9 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

I dont agree with your idea

Whats themeaning of keeping political parties OUT of elections? Its insane.... Then why we create a Party if we can not participate with it?

#10 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationClassified Information

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

No,

its better like -->President choose which party should run in  the next election. so, if he wants 8 parties should run in the next election, 8 parties will run..

why? 

1. prevent PTOers(except if the CP is the PTOers himself) to control whole country 

2. give benefit to parties whose rank are at 6-10th

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#11 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Whats themeaning of keeping political parties OUT of elections? Its insane.... Then why we create a Party if we can not participate with it?

You should develop your party instead of asking change which would benefit TO-ers and many other problem...

Lets see-->

If limit lowered to 10 TOP party then I bet there would be 11th party to demand TOP15 inclueded....After lowered to TOP15 then the 16th party want to lower even more...in the end would be no limit at all.

Not to mention that player would make a party for themselves and nominate themselves for first place and in the end this would be destructive for community...

#12 kevvek

kevvek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMalta

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

No,

its better like -->President choose which party should run in  the next election. so, if he wants 8 parties should run in the next election, 8 parties will run.

You officially made a way of making the president and his congress friends become irreplaceable as they boycott the election system.

The power of who chooses which party runs for elections is in the hands of the citizens. If a party is large it means that most of the country's citizens support it therefore it should run for congress and presidential elections. With this reasoning I conclude that the current system shouldn't be replaced.

• Luke Braferd likes this

#13 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

No,

its better like -->President choose which party should run in  the next election. so, if he wants 8 parties should run in the next election, 8 parties will run..

why? 

1. prevent PTOers(except if the CP is the PTOers himself) to control whole country 

2. give benefit to parties whose rank are at 6-10th

I don't think that would work in the eUK(TUP vs NE), and probably in others countries it is the same.

Then President can basically choose Congress and if his side loses the CP election on the 5th, Congress will still be there to impeach the CP from the other side. One side would stay in power forever.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#14 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationClassified Information

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I don't think that would work in the eUK(TUP vs NE), and probably in others countries it is the same.

Then President can basically choose Congress and if his side loses the CP election on the 5th, Congress will still be there to impeach the CP from the other side. One side would stay in power forever.

it's more likely you don't want to change the current politic system.  
well, i must agree with you and kewek.
complicated parties, NE, RDP, FM in eUK, lol. they could exploit if plato used my idea.  

You officially made a way of making the president and his congress friends become irreplaceable as they boycott the election system.

The power of who chooses which party runs for elections is in the hands of the citizens. If a party is large it means that most of the country's citizens support it therefore it should run for congress and presidential elections. With this reasoning I conclude that the current system shouldn't be replaced.

i didn't  think 'till that far, thanks for correcting me. :/ 

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#15 Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Agreed, there are maybe 7 countries that could even come close to having 10 'viable' parties.

#16 Rona1d

Rona1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationTegucigalpa, Honduras

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

more options to PTO a country e.e

#17 stancel

stancel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

I agree with this idea. Why even list the top 10 if you are going to exclude the parties that aren't in the top 5 from being able to participate? If the top 10 were allowed to run candidates then it would allow everyone to relax instead of scrambling to prevent PTO'ers from knocking a party out of the top 5.

#18 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

whats the prob ? 5 parties would be given to any country + for every X citizents 1 more party will be allowed to put its candidates in congress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users