• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tirant II

Tirant II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Few days ago, talking with another player, he told me a really good idea who could improve a lot this. Training should be like real training.

At the begining, you improve very fast, but the stronger you are the slower you improve your strength. And of course, It comes one day when you have reached your maximum strength, it doesn't matter how many hours you train, you won't be stronger than that.

So the idea was that, put a strength limit. And if someone stops training then they will lose some strength as in real life you need to continue training to maintain your body fit.

Well, just an small idea.

Darth Maul: It has been so long and my path has been so dark. Darker than I ever dreamed it could be. 
Savage Opress: And yet you survived. 
Darth Maul: Of course I survived.

#2 Get What I Can

Get What I Can

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGenève, Switzerland

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

NO u r crazy  :wacko:

Edited by Get What I Can, 12 August 2013 - 09:02 AM.

PqGswvI.png

#3 Jack Lantos

Jack Lantos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

The fighting is done using tanks anyway, so technically it doesn't even make sense that more strength = more damage. I wondered how would that work? If you push the trigger button more forcefully it fires better? Or when we fight with tanks do we have to pick up the tank and throw it as a projectile?

• Bananeitor, Boklevski and cecenija like this

#4 Alfa__ZVER

Alfa__ZVER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

The fighting is done using tanks anyway, so technically it doesn't even make sense that more strength = more damage. I wondered how would that work? If you push the trigger button more forcefully it fires better? Or when we fight with tanks do we have to pick up the tank and throw it as a projectile?

LOL

#5 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationClassified Information

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

hahahaha! never!

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#6 Digital Angel

Digital Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

This system of training is good. When you start the game it is huge difference between you and some guy with (for example) 5.000 strength. But after few years you will have 50k and he will have 55k. The max hit is similar and both players have same chance for BH or CH - the one with more energy bars or rocket wins.

Also, there are divisions, so stronger and older players can not mix with new one. If I were admin, I would add new divisions D5 for super strong tanks. 

Also guerrilla fights are now more even  - maximum bonus dmg is only 4. I can remember when I had 30 - that were good times for me :D

• Bogi likes this

#7 Gradjanin NN

Gradjanin NN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

sounds really boring :huh:

#8 fagyan

fagyan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTehran

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

what about NO ?

What the heck is signature ? 

#9 stefanutz11

stefanutz11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

lol :) :)

It`s not a very realistic idea. Why? Because you die after 30 days of inactivity anyway. And it would be weird to lose strenght after death. :unsure:

Edited by stefanutz11, 12 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#10 Nohjis

Nohjis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

At the very least have to give you credit for a good idea on how to rethink strength and its impact on gameplay, this idea beats a strength reset. :)

By the way, a new player 2 years ago, needed a year and a half to catch up to 80% of top, a new player today needs several years and that's only going to increase. Doing nothing about that is not really fair to gameplay and the challenges there should be in a game like this.

#11 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Good idea. The only problem is that admins will never do it :P

f8RA4.gif

#12 Boklevski

Boklevski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Or when we fight with tanks do we have to pick up the tank and throw it as a projectile?

That would be REAL Chuck Norris style...

#13 PyrrusOfEpirus

PyrrusOfEpirus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPodgorica

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is not possible, cos you will have players which play 1year with similar str like players who play much longer.. BUT they should change sting right now, so new players can advance faster.. Now new players cant afford full TC and training contract so we cant expect from them to build str like older players...

um5y.png

#14 Marinos98

Marinos98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationMACEDONIA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

i don't think so

q74d.jpg

#15 ow santeaja

ow santeaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

nice idea..........

but HELL NO!!!

#16 NSalv

NSalv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

This system of training is good. When you start the game it is huge difference between you and some guy with (for example) 5.000 strength. But after few years you will have 50k and he will have 55k. The max hit is similar and both players have same chance for BH or CH - the one with more energy bars or rocket wins.

Also, there are divisions, so stronger and older players can not mix with new one. If I were admin, I would add new divisions D5 for super strong tanks. 

Also guerrilla fights are now more even  - maximum bonus dmg is only 4. I can remember when I had 30 - that were good times for me :D

You are right. Admins already "fixed" it by giving a lot of strength daily (however I think that 90 strength/day is too much). It reduces a lot the hit difference after some time.

The first part of the system suggested in the first post is how the trains worked in the beta version of the game (I don't remeber the values (so I will generic values in the example) but was something like 0.5 strength until you reach 1, 0.25 until you reach two and follows... after you reach a certain level of strength the increase was fixed in 0.02).

But to change the strength again I would recommend prudence. The other change already caused some loss for a lot of players. I understand the frustration of joining a game knowing that you will need at least 3 or 4 years to be strong. So put yourself on the other side and think about the frustration of seeing a reduced hit difference (as we see in the current scenario) when you have 3 or 4 years more than the other players.

Edited by NSalv, 12 August 2013 - 12:42 PM.

• Digital Angel likes this

#17 Hrck

Hrck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

This idea is bad. hahaah, the only thing i suggest is that Divisions are seperated by strenght not lvl, that way every one in that div has the same chance for BH... For example, a new player starts to lvl up fast and he reaches div 2 with verly low strenght and that way he has very low chances for a BH.

Anyways thats just my idea, idc if u like it :)

• candymanson likes this

eSova 4life!

o7

#18 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Bad idea :)

210402-1.png

#19 candymanson

candymanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Imagine a soldier that has to train to use a tank: the more trained soldier will be more accurate while shooting, and damage will increase. Your argument is invalid :P

You are right. Admins already "fixed" it by giving a lot of strength daily (however I think that 90 strength/day is too much). It reduces a lot the hit difference after some time.

The first part of the system suggested in the first post is how the trains worked in the beta version of the game (I don't remeber the values (so I will generic values in the example) but was something like 0.5 strength until you reach 1, 0.25 until you reach two and follows... after you reach a certain level of strength the increase was fixed in 0.02).

But to change the strength again I would recommend prudence. The other change already caused some loss for a lot of players. I understand the frustration of joining a game knowing that you will need at least 3 or 4 years to be strong. So put yourself on the other side and think about the frustration of seeing a reduced hit difference (as we see in the current scenario) when you have 3 or 4 years more than the other players.

Admins increased the strength daily from 0.2 to 5, and by doing so, they divided the old players strength by 25. Meaning: it took me a long time to get 1000 strenght, and in a couple of months a new player would get 1000 while I'm just 2000. Of course, old players would afford better training buildings so us dinosaurs will be unreachable. Back in the day, oldfags would get 0.2 while a new player would get 1 or a fraction of 1.

This idea is bad. hahaah, the only thing i suggest is that Divisions are seperated by strenght not lvl, that way every one in that div has the same chance for BH... For example, a new player starts to lvl up fast and he reaches div 2 with verly low strenght and that way he has very low chances for a BH.

Anyways thats just my idea, idc if u like it :)

YES! I too believe divisions should be divided by strength! But some people support the XP based division because visa players would rule lower divisions for a long time, because they would always belong to a lower tier of stregth (or would, for a longer time than XP). So if you play with visa, you'll get to a higher and harder division, faster. That's a way of protection smaller, younger and poorer :D players. I guess it's ok.

They should create a 5th division IMO

#20 ian arbuckle

ian arbuckle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Why not introduce strength decreases for those who surpass 50k strength. By strength decreaes I mean like -1 or -2 or use a random generator. This may help even out the game more and make it more realistic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users