19 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Ontry

Mike Ontry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

On the eUSA market try selling some WRM on the market at 0.04cc and quickly try to see your offer on the market. I'm pretty sure you will not be able to see it no matter how fast you are. I've tried this several times and it is always gone before I can even reload the market page.

Also just try and see an offer for 0.04cc on the market. You'd think that you would at least see one offer every once in a while even if you didn't have time to buy it you would at least see one on there.

Something strange is going on...

Everyone try this and let us know.

It may be the same way in other countries too!

I believe it is definitely a bot. It could be owned by either the admin or a player but it is definitely a bot.  If it is happening in other countries then it probably is ran by the admin.

Also I think the bot acts too quickly to be a player owned bot...

Edited by Mike Ontry, 14 August 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#2 trelo maximi

trelo maximi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Same in the Greek WRM market...

#3 Juan Fco

Juan Fco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz de Tenerife

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

A lot of players use scripts (monetay market, marketplace....), the admins don't do anything

#4 Mike Ontry

Mike Ontry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Same in the Greek WRM market...

Thanks for sharing! There's another country where exactly the same thing is happening.

A lot of players use scripts (monetay market, marketplace....), the admins don't do anything

Like I said it could be player's bot but it could also be admins. I am leaning more towards an admin ran bot just because this bot is so fast.

Admins will be able to set the bot up like this:

If player creates offer for less than 0.05cc -> before the offer goes to market delete the offer and send player the money

Players would have to set a bot up like this:

Check the market for offers less than 0.05cc -> if offer exists -> buy all

The players bot would allow some time to actually see the offer on the market where the admins bot wouldn't even let the offer make it to the market.

#5 XtaSia

XtaSia

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

There is no eRepublik owned market bot. There might be some scripts made by the players, but I have no information about that at the moment.

#6 Kucing Imut

Kucing Imut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

well i'm not sure if it was a bot. I considered myself as WRM hunter, so I keep refreshing my browser and immediately buy 0.04 wrm on the market :D

~ I want to live my eLife to the absolute fullest ~

My eRepublik Profile | Ask me a question

#7 George Materatsi

George Materatsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

hahaha, no way it's bot... let me give you an example. if you leave 5$ in the street and go to the corner and hide, waiting to see what is going to happen (in a crowded street), you think it is going to be there for a long time??? if you want to buy sth in rl and you can find it cheaper, for instance 20% (like our case), will you buy it immediately or you will let it go???

#8 ghishae

ghishae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

There is no eRepublik owned market bot. There might be some scripts made by the players, but I have no information about that at the moment.

this can't be true as we all know player scripts are illegal. so the culprit must be the dreaded erep bot that also plays Romper!

#9 Mike Ontry

Mike Ontry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

This player made script must be very, very good because my 0.04cc offers do not even make it to the market page. I place the offer then immediately refresh the market page and it's not there like not even half a second after putting it on the market. I understand that there are lots of people watching for under market price WRM but it takes more than half a second to buy the offer. First you have to realize after refreshing the page hundreds of times that there is an offer for 0.04cc, then you would have to type in the quantity you want to buy, and then you have to click the buy button. Even if you are using a script that automatically puts in the max quantity in the box for you it would still take longer than half a second to buy the offer. It just doesn't add up...

well i'm not sure if it was a bot. I considered myself as WRM hunter, so I keep refreshing my browser and immediately buy 0.04 wrm on the market :D

So you have seen 0.04cc offers on the Indonesia market recently? How many times do you have to refresh the page? And how fast do you have to be?

hahaha, no way it's bot... let me give you an example. if you leave 5$ in the street and go to the corner and hide, waiting to see what is going to happen (in a crowded street), you think it is going to be there for a long time??? if you want to buy sth in rl and you can find it cheaper, for instance 20% (like our case), will you buy it immediately or you will let it go???

I understand what you are saying. I'm not expecting to see my offer on the market 5 minutes later or even 30 seconds later. I do think that it is reasonable to expect to see my offer on the market within the same second that I post the offer.

#10 Kucing Imut

Kucing Imut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

So you have seen 0.04cc offers on the Indonesia market recently? How many times do you have to refresh the page? And how fast do you have to be?

Yes I have seen it and sometimes it's a lot easier to buy wrm here, since most Indo player have slower internet connection so cheap wrm can stay a little longer. But sometimes it gone in a split second.

~ I want to live my eLife to the absolute fullest ~

My eRepublik Profile | Ask me a question

#11 George Materatsi

George Materatsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

if you think there is a bot in the marketplace, try to sell sth in a high price. it won't be sold. i am not talking about crazy prices. if it's being sold for 5cc try 10cc. it won't be sold.

#12 Kemal Ergenekon

Kemal Ergenekon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Locationhttp://inciswf.com/1304375737.swf

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

A good way to check this is to use the market of a country that is not very active.

I just put 0.04 offer in Cyprus, and no one bought it within half a minute. So I guess there isn't a bot that buys cheap offers in Cyprus.

This is not proof that it doesn't exist in other countries though.

Also, an admin bot doesn't have to buy the cheapest offers. In the past it always bought above the min price.

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon, 18 August 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#13 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

Well, I'd put 2 times 1 x WRM @ 0,04cc at the German market.

(at a time, where german players are propably not awake...)

And both times it was gone within a second.

Who the f*ck waits out on the GERMAN small market to buy WRM? Only to safe 0,01cc?

This has to be a script. Of a player or eRepublik.

Edited by Marcel the Great, 18 August 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#14 Ar Ge

Ar Ge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTurkey,Izmir

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

BOT is legal :/ ?

i am sure china, sebia, usa, belarus and so many markets have bot from players..

it's possible so quick fix

-catch who use bot 

-30 second pause buy period

if bot is legal i wanna use also :)

My profil in game : Ar Ge

#15 D.AMBRIZZI

D.AMBRIZZI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

you have no evidence? then you are doing your job very bad.. because there are many players sure that other players are using bots to buy cheap wrm and then go to sell on IRC...

your problem is just you are to much busy trying to get more money through missions and have no time to see what happen and stop it...

this game it's unfair, because all the players who play it correctly have no chance to buy wrm cheap..

the only game where cheaters are not banned it's in erepublik!

#16 D.AMBRIZZI

D.AMBRIZZI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

I would like to make it clear. The admins only cares about MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

all of we know that there are many players using scripts on wrm market.

they sell then for 0.05 on market and the excess they sell on irc for 0.05 fast..

I sugest to put an bot for ask with an letters and numbers everitime we buy wrm on market to prove we are human... meanwile you find another better mechanism...

because thsi situation it's not new... this happens long time and you are still serching for proofs. This means you are serching for nothing. you are serching for better way to eran more money through missions. you don't care if the game it's fair and igual for all of the players or no!

Edited by D.AMBRIZZI, 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#17 eisenmutter2

eisenmutter2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

i didn't read all replies only the question. and it seems that you don't know how the bot worked.

i traded food, raw and from time to time weapons on market all the time the bot was active in the past. i was active in different countries (germany, netherlands, japan, bolivia, thailand, belarus  - i had also the licence for russia but russia had no active bot & bolivia had often trade embargos with my homecountry russia but not always)

the buybot was only active in countries with low citizencount/bad economy/no demand i think - at least it was not active everywhere (so for example it was active in thailand but not in russia). in some countries it was also limited to certain products if i remember right but i am not sure about that...

however i am sure about:

the buybot on market didn't bought every second but only once every hour.

it was different time for different countries if i remember right for germany and netherlands it was at  the beginning of the hour (~XX:05) whereas for thailand and bolivia it was the end (~XX:50). i sat there multiple times and waited for the exact second the bot bought in the different countries (refreshing my storage some seconds before i knew bot would buy and then a second later).

and the buybot only bought a specific amount of products depending on how near your price was to the maximum bot price* and what product you tried to sell.

if it was a price way lower => bot bought much

if it was exactly the max botprice => bot bought less

if it was more expensive than botprice => bot bought nothing

if it was cheap stuff like raw => bot bought multiple hundred units every hour

if it was more expensive stuff => bot bought less than hundred or even just 10 or 20units every hour

so if you post now stuff and it is gone in an instant -and this for multiple tries- then it is most likely not the bot** but a guy who was just looking at the market.  and also the bot would flood the game with too much currency even with prices now so i think admins try to not use him.

however i think that the bot might be active for food-raw as it was not really demanded (in the past) and often hit the 0.01cc mark but then gone up magically to 0.02cc... (problem with price hitting 0.01cc is that while food could still fall in price food-raw couldn't go lower accordingly. this would make foodraw more expensive in relation to food**)

___

* newbie-info: botprice was usually higher (and partly much higher) than the lowest offer on market - otherwise it would have not made sense to sell to the bot/would not have been selling to the bot.

example

so if marketprice for q5food was at 1.50cc and many units were offered from many people

then you could post a offer at 1,60cc that wasn't even shown on the 1st page on market

but once every hour the bot would buy 50-100units even though there were still many  offers on market with a much lower price

** however if admins changed the bot to buy every second (i don't believe that) then it could be the bot

*** example you have foodraw at 0.01 and

a ) at the beginning q5food (needs 5raw) can be sold for 0.20cc

difference would be 0.15cc (profit before tax)

b ) later q5food price falls to 0.15cc [foodraw can't fall lower so it still is 0.01cc]

so now difference would be only 0.10cc

=> investment of foodraw would get more expensive even though foodraw-price is the same

and i think to prevent that admins might buy foodraw at 0.01cc - but i am not sure

Edited by eisenmutter2, 23 September 2013 - 04:34 PM.

the money i will earn is the money you are about to lose

(i am not resposible for your loss - i can just tell you what i think but in the end you decide what you do)

#18 Delijohn

Delijohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

@XtaSia if scripts are illegal, but without proof you can't do anything... why don't you change the erepublik page to no script policy.

So none can run anything! There are many pages with no script policy like paypal... why don't you ban scripts in the code? 

#19 MrManiac

MrManiac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

What the admins do not seem to understand is that these bots cost them money. They refresh the monetary market page every second or so and by that they make the game slower.1 script running would not be much of a problem but a few hundred users with active scripts do slow down the game.

What the admins can do:

1. Buy more sever-power - which costs them money

2. disable scripts - which would be work

seems like they are definitely opting for option 1

ps: it has been pointed out in this thread how to see on which markets there are bots active. just put on offers of 1 WRM unit for 0.01 cc less on the market and see how it always gets bought within a split second.

the good thing is: there definitely is no bot active on the Norwegian market - but I guess that is because it would be a waste of time :D

Edited by MrManiac, 17 April 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#20 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

I don't think these are admin bots. I posted 300k wrm at a cent less on the Polish market once and only a small amount (20-40k) was bought immediately so there must be relatively poor players with scripts hunting cheaper offers.

It is always better to cure the cause than the symptom. I have already proposed a solution for this - More Decimals For Prices. Show your support for the idea by commenting there so that the admins hopefully notice and introduce it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WRMeconomy, market, admin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users