• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 fredrikz

fredrikz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

1. Please remove elections for captain. The military is not supposed to be democratic and we are all tired of that citizen in regiment X putting DO is in wrong battles. The commander chooses the Captains. End of story. 

2. Reduce the default numbers of regiments to 4. There is no practical use of the regiments as they are now. Also remove the auto creation of more regiments.

Div 1 soldiers goes to regiment one by default and when they reach div 2 they will auto transfer regiment  two by default div 2. 

3. The commanders has the possibility to create more regiments that is not one of the 4 default regiments.  He can also move people from the default regiments to the regiment he created and back again, but not between the default regiments. 

4. The commander can set different DOs for the different regiments.  

Now the Mus will be more useful and the programming needed to do this change is extremely slim and easy to implement. 

• Yamisuke, Cornel Klein, Rusto and 5 others like this

#2 Nelkosan

Nelkosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I agree with everything.

kife.jpg

#3 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

I agree and support the proposal!

#4 Humerus

Humerus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Signed.

Peace at Home, Peace in the World.

#5 Davorsk8

Davorsk8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

Signed.  :ph34r:

#6 Sexagenarian

Sexagenarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLong ago and far away

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

we are all tired of that citizen in regiment X putting DO is in wrong battles

Surely that's a matter of 

1) The Commander communicating the priorities to the Captains

2)  Electing the right Captain in the first place

The military is not supposed to be democratic

Why? There are historical precedents for elected officers, "volunteers" in the Union Army of the American Civil War elected their officers so why not eRep?

Maybe its a matter of better organisation in your country and not any problem with game mechanics.

Edited by Sexagenarian, 16 August 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#7 Rusto

Rusto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

1. I think better allow commander to vote for captains in all regiments. Like captain vote = 5 votes.

2. Agree.

3. Agree.

4. Agree.

#8 azurthedictator

azurthedictator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

AGree

3x MoD eBiH (feb, mar, aug) , 2x Ministar of Imigrations (may, june) , Congressman 2x eBiH - 1x eFra (1984-2075)
Zemljo tisućljetna na vijernost ti se kunem ! Sile koje nasrću na Bosnu umorit će se. Mi se nećemo umoriti ! ŽELJO DO GROBA ! VELIKIM SE BOGOM KUNEMO DA ROBOVI BITI NEĆEMO
Pozdrav domovini !

#9 Binda33

Binda33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

1. Please remove elections for captain. The military is not supposed to be democratic and we are all tired of that citizen in regiment X putting DO is in wrong battles. The commander chooses the Captains. End of story. 

2. Reduce the default numbers of regiments to 4. There is no practical use of the regiments as they are now. Also remove the auto creation of more regiments.

Div 1 soldiers goes to regiment one by default and when they reach div 2 they will auto transfer regiment  two by default div 2. 

3. The commanders has the possibility to create more regiments that is not one of the 4 default regiments.  He can also move people from the default regiments to the regiment he created and back again, but not between the default regiments. 

4. The commander can set different DOs for the different regiments.  

Now the Mus will be more useful and the programming needed to do this change is extremely slim and easy to implement. 

1. I agree completely

2. Don't agree with this. I like that there can be a lot of regiments. It means that the Captain can really oversee things easily in a large MU if the Regs are kept smallish. Since it's not possible to make a group message thread with over 30 people, the Regs are best kept under 30 for ease of use for the Captain, if they're doing a good job of it.

3. It's confusing the way you put it but I agree that the Commander should be able to shift people about between regiments.

4. Agreed.

#10 MrConway

MrConway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Signed.

*****Éire Abú*****

#11 Drew Blood

Drew Blood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

The Roman Legions elected their leaders, disagree with 2 and 3; however the Commander being able to set each Regiment to a different battle would be good....

#12 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Agree with everything

#13 Liquid Oxygen

Liquid Oxygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

These are all minor changes. eRepublik is drastically behind the times in regards to MU mechanics, whereas, in a game like say, e-sim, MUs have the same full functionality as an org used to. Unlimited storage capacity, one click QMing implemented, MUs give a damage bonus based on rank of the MU, "Novice, Regulars, Veteran, Elite," as long as you fight on orders, they can own and operate companies through the MU commander, and privileges can be given to the members at will. They even implemented a "National MU" that allows your state orgs to join it, then allows for official accountability and more spaces.

I think eRep would do well to take a look at THESE features first. What you have there are just itty bitty tweaks which won't change the innate shortcomings in the MUs in this game.

#14 cochoperez

cochoperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

totally  agree

#15 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

These are all minor changes. eRepublik is drastically behind the times in regards to MU mechanics, whereas, in a game like say, e-sim, MUs have the same full functionality as an org used to. Unlimited storage capacity, one click QMing implemented, MUs give a damage bonus based on rank of the MU, "Novice, Regulars, Veteran, Elite," as long as you fight on orders, they can own and operate companies through the MU commander, and privileges can be given to the members at will. They even implemented a "National MU" that allows your state orgs to join it, then allows for official accountability and more spaces.

I think eRep would do well to take a look at THESE features first. What you have there are just itty bitty tweaks which won't change the innate shortcomings in the MUs in this game.

I do not agree with this

People would force to join to the strongest MUs if damage bonus was given based on MU rankings.

This current system better.

#16 Liquid Oxygen

Liquid Oxygen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I do not agree with this

People would force to join to the strongest MUs if damage bonus was given based on MU rankings.

This current system better.

I said "take a look at these items," not implement all of them. MUs having storage, QMing, ability to own companies and operate them would make having an MU a million times more useful than just for a candy bar and bazooka parts. :P

#17 fredrikz

fredrikz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Roman Legions elected their leaders, disagree with 2 and 3; however the Commander being able to set each Regiment to a different battle would be good....

The Roman Legions? Wtf, this is a web browser game, there is so much difference between this game and the old Roman legions that I can't find any reason to take that into account or any other historical military group when talking about MUs. FYI. Captains (centurions) could not decide what battle their soldiers was to fight in. And second. The centurions was not elected by the soldiers.

When you have a MU with 20 regiments its a mess to coordinate the "elections", its close to impossible. The regiments is atm not used to anything as the Commander normally just overwrites the commands of the captains. 

The main reason to why I want 4 main regiment who is division based is so the commanders can put different DOs for different divisions. 

Its not about creating the MUs as close to the real world as possible, its about making them work better in a game environment. 

#18 Director9

Director9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Captains should indeed be a choice of the Commander.

#19 Sexagenarian

Sexagenarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLong ago and far away

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just because your MU elects idiots to Captain does not mean that things should change for the good MUs that work.

Your solution is to make sure an idiot doesn't get elected not change the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users