• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vincenzo Roque

Vincenzo Roque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

To all basketball enthusiasts there, if you didn't know yet, there exists a professional basketball league in eRepublik. It is the ePhilippine Basketball Association (ePBA), which though is named as such, isn't limited to ePhilippines.

So, you might be wondering, how does it work? Well, in ePBA, each citizen player has his/her own team. A draft is done before each cup for each team to pick/add players from a list of RL basketball players prepared by the league officials. Then from the stats of the RL basketball players, each game of the cup is simulated and shown in the league's official channel #ePBA (Rizon).

There are prizes given to the top teams and the owner of the players who performed well, although quite small, since the league is free to join.

If you want to know more, you can read our page in the wiki: http://wiki.erepubli...all_Association . You can also contact us either through our IRC channel, or through IGM.

The ePBA is a work in progress so comments are encouraged to improve the league.

Vincenzo Roque

Assistant Commissioner of the ePBA

Edited by Vincenzo Roque, 12 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#2 invaluable

invaluable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Interesting read :)

f8RA4.gif

#3 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Greetings!

I am the Commissioner!  :lol: I was the one who conceptualized this league. It all started after one of our citizens, Al Raposas, created the E-Palarong Pambansa or E-National Games (Philippines). I had an idea of having a basketball league in eRepublik. I played NationStates before and I knew about the scorinators so I posted a thread in our forums (you cannot see it anymore, our forums was recently reborn). Vincenzo Roque showed interest so we collaborated and this was the end result.

FAQ

1. What is ePBA?

ePBA or the ePhilippine Basketball Association is a simulated sports league in eRepublik.

2. How does ePBA work?

The league runs on a scorinator named BasketSim. It is a program that simulates sports events.

3. What is a scorinator?

A scorinator is a program simulating sports based on skill level and statistics. Its origin is probably from NationStates. The common sports simulated are Football, Basketball and Swimming.

4. Why not use a fantasy league?

Well, fantasy leagues have a slow pacing, they too base on real-life statistics but they only have a match once a week. Compare it to what we can do, 5-10 games a week. It is better because we could have more games, and more games only mean more prizes.

5. How do you broadcast it in IRC?

Assistant Commissioner Vincenzo Roque uses a bot that transmits data and broadcasts it in IRC (#ePBA). The name of the bot is Phenny and it runs on Python.

6. How can I join?

You can join by signing-up here.

7. Who will be my players?

You will choose your players based on a pool from real-life players of the real-life PBA.

8. Where will my players' stats come from?

The stats will commonly come from this website.

9. What's the format of the league?

It has 2 conferences per season. (Do not be confused with the conference meaning divisions) Each conference, teams will play in either a single or double round-robin. Then top 4 teams will proceed to semi-finals and winners will go to championship and losers will play for third. The two conferences are different to each other. The first conference will be All-Filipino. Meaning, all of your players will only possess Filipino Nationality in real-life and they are the ones who are allowed to play. (Including Fil-American, Fil-Chinese, Fil-Serbian etc.) In the next conference, teams are allowed to hire foreign reinforcements to their teams called imports. Each team can have only one import. There will be a defined list of imports where those who have played in real-life PBA are included and eligible. In future time there will be changes to the format of the league, stay updated!

"I believe people can change, but only for the worse." - Eminem

#4 tsahi K

tsahi K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

good luck :)

#5 Vincenzo Roque

Vincenzo Roque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just adding to the FAQ, it is simulated not using BasketSim per se but using a program based on it. Similarly, it is broadcasted using a program with phenny as a base, but edited to fit the league's needs.

#6 Boy Pick Up

Boy Pick Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Just adding to the FAQ, it is simulated not using BasketSim per se but using a program based on it. Similarly, it is broadcasted using a program with phenny as a base, but edited to fit the league's needs.

Well, I was never the one who did the scorinator stuff. :P

"I believe people can change, but only for the worse." - Eminem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users