• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Anaconda

The Anaconda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

MU setting up taxes on the earnings of their members (anything between 0 to 5%, up to each MU) and the money goes to the MU account. 

Could also set up country taxation on the earning of the MU. This would force military units in their countries to "listen" to their government lest they get taxed (oh the mayhem this would cause ^_^). It would also give certain countries ways to fight against any foreign MU. 

#2 CatBea

CatBea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

it's a very good proposal...o/

#3 New Faustian Man

New Faustian Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

By 'earnings' you mean CO earnings, right?

I like both ideas. You could even extend the latter so that a country can tax the CO of everyone who has cs of the country, not just members of MUs native to the country in question, it would add an extra revenue stream and, like you say, allow govs to exercise some real control over MUs.

#4 Paddy OBrien

Paddy OBrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

A problem I see with this is the CP or MoF setting high taxes on a MU they don't like.  

I don't think this is a good idea, or for MU's to be able to charge to be members.  

#5 The Anaconda

The Anaconda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

CO earnings yes, country taxing the CO wouldn't be right especially if they will be taxing the MU

The MU can change the tax down to 0% (I suggested 0-5%) if someone in the government decides to target them (just like occupied countries can lower their taxes) and all MU usually have people in the government that will speak up for them if that happens. 

#6 New Faustian Man

New Faustian Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

@Paddy - I don't see taking a small (0-5%) slice of COs earnings as charging to be a member. MUs operate an account which needs funding, this would be a good way to replenish it outside of donations or comp winnings, and the impact on the actual fighters would hardly be noticeable considering the small percentiles we're talking. 

@Anaconda - So MU's determine the actual rate, from 0-5% (meaning individual MUs can opt in or out if they choose 0%) and gov is only able to set a tax on that? Which could potentially be zero?

#7 Paddy OBrien

Paddy OBrien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

@NFM It's the involuntary part of it that I disagree with.  I don't feel a MU should be able to take ANYTHING from it's members, under any name.  If a member wants to give to the MU to make it stronger, then there is already a way to give that.

#8 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

An MU is not a companie.

It is Military, not economical.

Enforcing a private MU to follow the Countries ways would have an opposite effect on that Unit.

For more info, look at my wikipage

#9 The Anaconda

The Anaconda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

@NFM yes the MU sets its own tax, the commander of the MU so to speak. 

And each MU can not set up a tax and leave it at 0 if they don't want to have a tax so you aren't forcing anyone. 

@tommot MU isn't a company yes but its also part of the country and has to follow the decisions of the government of the country. Plenty of rogue MU out there that do what they want (some would say we're one of those) and this would be a way to reign them in. 

I would like to add that if a country is occupied, the revenue of the MU tax shouldn't be included in the share the occupying country takes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users