• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Reaganity

Reaganity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Would it be feasible to start a personal bank, offering loans in gold and dollars? For instance, if someone had 19.77 gold bars, and needed a building upgrade costing 20 gold bars, they could apply to borrow the .23 remaining. At an interest rate of say, 10% for a day. 25% for a week. 50% for a month. 

"Credit Checks" would be performed--

Example:

-minimum level 25.

-multiple hardworker awards. 

-forum/party participation levels. 

-references

-a solid plan to repay, with backup plans if they fail. 

-for those on the fence of being considered 'credit worthy', collateral could put up at the rate of 2/1. Meaning, if you needed to borrow $100, you could put up $50 worth of weapons as collateral to help raise the financer make his decision. 

Other details:

-The bank would be ran by a 5 member board of directors and a President. 

-3/5 members would be voted on by the nation as a whole. 

-2/5 of the members would be designated  deputy chairpersons, (the treasurer and assistant) and  would be appointed by Congress. 

-And finally, the remaining member would be the president of the board. This would be a position the president of the nation would decide upon. He/She could fill the slot themselves, or appoint someone to delegate the task to. 

Obviously, those who don't pay would not be subject to administrative action. The only course of action would be to report the debt on the forums as unpaid, making it clear that business with this individual is risky. 

---------

This is just a very rough draft of the business model I'm asking to be considered. Its just an idea I had, and I'd love to hear your feedback on it. 

#2 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Made a much better version for banking here : http://forum.erepubl...conomic-module/

#3 Reaganville

Reaganville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Banking : Allow to make contracts where you give some 1 money , and he has to give it back after a certain amount of time(with interest decided in the contract , not very high ofc) , if he cant pay after X time , you can give him more time or simply take money \ companies \ stocks from his account to your own(ofc that you cant take more then he owe you). This idea comes because I saw the idea of banking in the game before but nothing really stops players from taking the money and never pay it back ....

Thats a better version? Its 2 sentences long and explains very little. 

At least in the idea I put forward, there's organization, purpose, power, leadership, credit worthiness, etc.  Its obvious that my plan isn't nearly finished as far as details... but lets be clear, your's is just a one sentence explaination of what it is, and a 2nd sentence complaining. 

#4 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Thats a better version? Its 2 sentences long and explains very little. 

At least in the idea I put forward, there's organization, purpose, power, leadership, credit worthiness, etc.  Its obvious that my plan isn't nearly finished as far as details... but lets be clear, your's is just a one sentence explaination of what it is, and a 2nd sentence complaining. 

In your version , when some 1 doesn't pay , you simply to tell others that he is risky(Which is the same as banking right now) in mine if he doesn't after a certain time(Cause he is inactive or unable to pay) ,  you can simply take his companies , money , or give him more time if you trust him. So as you can see , my banking is far more complete , putting more words doesn't give them more meaning.

Edited by bonjik, 17 February 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Code-Y

Code-Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

In your version , when some 1 doesn't pay , you simply to tell others that he is risky(Which is the same as banking right now) in mine if he doesn't after a certain time(Cause he is inactive or unable to pay) ,  you can simply take his companies , money , or give him more time if you trust him. So as you can see , my banking is far more complete , putting more words doesn't give them more meaning.

That's the silliest thing I've heard in a while.

• Shiina Sayane and Reaganity like this

#6 Reaganity

Reaganity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

You don't get it do you? Thats basically the only thing you said though. Let me be more precise with my thinking, this is NOT meant to be a suggestion to the site for a radical change in its format. This is a suggestion dealing with capitalism, and how that I or you could start a bank up to make money and help others in the process. My plan stands far above that which you offered. 

And yes, more words does equal more meaning. Especially when they are precise points about the subject. 

Where are your details? You conveniently forgot them. 

Who is the bank leadership? 

How are they chosen?

How are profits used? 

Is it a public bank, or private bank?

How do you determine credit worthiness?

Who approves the loans?

Come on man. You have to be dreaming, that a one sentence explaination of your banking idea is complete hahahhah

#7 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

Would it be feasible to start a personal bank, offering loans in gold and dollars? For instance, if someone had 19.77 gold bars, and needed a building upgrade costing 20 gold bars, they could apply to borrow the .23 remaining. At an interest rate of say, 10% for a day. 25% for a week. 50% for a month. 

"Credit Checks" would be performed--

Example:

-minimum level 25.

-multiple hardworker awards. 

-forum/party participation levels. 

-references

-a solid plan to repay, with backup plans if they fail. 

-for those on the fence of being considered 'credit worthy', collateral could put up at the rate of 2/1. Meaning, if you needed to borrow $100, you could put up $50 worth of weapons as collateral to help raise the financer make his decision. 

Other details:

-The bank would be ran by a 5 member board of directors and a President. 

-3/5 members would be voted on by the nation as a whole. 

-2/5 of the members would be designated  deputy chairpersons, (the treasurer and assistant) and  would be appointed by Congress. 

-And finally, the remaining member would be the president of the board. This would be a position the president of the nation would decide upon. He/She could fill the slot themselves, or appoint someone to delegate the task to. 

Obviously, those who don't pay would not be subject to administrative action. The only course of action would be to report the debt on the forums as unpaid, making it clear that business with this individual is risky. 

---------

This is just a very rough draft of the business model I'm asking to be considered. Its just an idea I had, and I'd love to hear your feedback on it. 

Great idea!

I especially like it because cant be exploited:

"Obviously, those who don't pay would not be subject to administrative action. The only course of action would be to report the debt on the forums as unpaid, making it clear that business with this individual is risky. "

Sorry but as others also pointed out this isnt a good idea.

#8 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

You don't get it do you? Thats basically the only thing you said though. Let me be more precise with my thinking, this is NOT meant to be a suggestion to the site for a radical change in its format. This is a suggestion dealing with capitalism, and how that I or you could start a bank up to make money and help others in the process. My plan stands far above that which you offered. 

And yes, more words does equal more meaning. Especially when they are precise points about the subject. 

Where are your details? You conveniently forgot them. 

Who is the bank leadership? 

How are they chosen?

How are profits used? 

Is it a public bank, or private bank?

How do you determine credit worthiness?

Who approves the loans?

Come on man. You have to be dreaming, that a one sentence explaination of your banking idea is complete hahahhah

In my post I wrote " contracts can be done between players , countries and capital companies " - In other words :

" Who is bank leadership ? " - A player , the group which owes the capital company or the country who gives the loan.

" How are they chosen? " - Its a contract between the guy who get the loan and the giver , they choose it themselves.

" How are profits used? " - A small % of interest is determined when the loan taker accepts the contract , the giver can use it for whatever he choose.

" How do you determine credit worthiness? " - Well basically if you cant pay after the determined time , the loan giver can take companies , CC and gold from you , or give you more time , to pay up. To determine whether its worth it to give you the loan or not is up to him.

" Who approves the loans? " - Both sides.

Edited by bonjik, 17 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#9 Reaganity

Reaganity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Credit worthiness is not 'defaulted payment'. 

What is the person you loan to has no property or cash? Do we put them in debtors prison? lol 

Your 'bank' is a disaster. I admit fully, my proposal has kinks and is short on exact specifications. But I also am not pretending it isn't, either. 

My bank system is feasible without any changes to the website. It can be started TODAY in fact.  It can be ran from the forums, national webpage, etc. Yours is just a fantasy that requires a code rewrite of the website.

#10 bonjik

bonjik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Credit worthiness is not 'defaulted payment'. 

What is the person you loan to has no property or cash? Do we put them in debtors prison? lol 

Your 'bank' is a disaster. I admit fully, my proposal has kinks and is short on exact specifications. But I also am not pretending it isn't, either. 

My bank system is feasible without any changes to the website. It can be started TODAY in fact.  It can be ran from the forums, national webpage, etc. Yours is just a fantasy that requires a code rewrite of the website.

If he has no companies or $ , you can give him more time , or you could have simply not loaned him money from the start.

BTW usually when some 1 request a big loan thats hard to pay up , its gonna go for training facility or company , otherwise its something he could pay if he works a few days with regular job :

http://prntscr.com/2tfib3

Basically you talked with the guy before you gave him the loan , so you can understand whether he is worthy of your trust or not.

"My bank system is feasible without any changes to the website. It can be started TODAY in fact.  It can be ran from the forums, national webpage, etc. Yours is just a fantasy that requires a code rewrite of the website." - Yes and nothing makes the guy pay back if he densest want to , after a few "Scums" , your plan will utterly fail lol :P

#11 ronniethegreat

ronniethegreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

hmm

Edited by ronniethegreat, 18 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users