• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

Bonuses

Cuba - 3 regions, 3 bonuses (1wpn)
Armenia - 4 regions, 4 bonuses (2 wpn)
Georgia - 5 regions, 5 bonuses (3 wpn)
Nigeria - 6 regions, 5 bonuses (3 wpn)

Just for an example, let's look at my nation. Ireland has 6 regions, but only 3 bonuses (1 wpn). eIreland would need 2 regions to be changed to aluminum and oil to be on par with similar countries (we do NOT want rubber :P ). I'd be okay with an extra 1wpn/1food instead of 2 more weapon bonuses, if it will guarantee that we don't get rubber.

Those new bonuses are unbalanced. My country has been carrying just one weapon bonus for years, and a new comparable nation will have 2-3 times our weapon bonuses.

It's fine if eRep is going to change the dynamics of how they assign resource bonuses with these new nations (much larger bonus-per-region ratios). But, they should level the playing field by applying these new standards to all countries, and re-assign resource bonuses to the whole globe. The shake-up might actually provide some military intrigue as the meganations need to redirect efforts. It would be nice if countries like France could get a break, too. They have been stomped over for their rubber for too many years, they deserve a bit of respite.

Resource reset, FTW !!!

Let's be honest, weapon resources is all that really matters. Food is so overproduced that you can get whatever you need for a pittance, in any country. Weapon resources is all that a country really should care about. The USA has 50 regions, but only 2 native weapon resources. Now 2 of these new countries have MORE weapon production, with 10-12% of the number of regions. I understand that no country should start with all 5 weapon resources in just their native regions, for game balance issues. But the USA should at least have 3 if Nigeria and Georgia are both getting 3. Weapon resources have been assigned at a preciously-rare rate in the past. But now the admins are bestowing the new nations with a veritable menagerie of weapon bonuses from the get-go. This new standard of distribution needs to be applied to the rest of the world for the sake of game balance and fairness.

If the new standard is that only 5 regions are required for a country to have 3 weapon bonuses, then a ton of old countries need one or two more weapon resources added to their native region profiles.

P.S. If the good map has now been officially removed from the game, please add resources as an "overlay" option on the new pull-down map. You can remove "cities", nobody cares which city is the head of any given region.

Edited by Bhane, 23 May 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#2 Acturon

Acturon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

Do the resources mean anything..? 

#3 Acturon

Acturon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Nevermind, just saw that each resource gives a general 20% extra production to food or weapon raw materials.

#4 Bhane

Bhane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

Nevermind, just saw that each resource gives a general 20% extra production to food or weapon raw materials.

Also a 20% bonus to the actual food and weapon production.

A weapon factory in a country with no bonuses makes 10 weapons. In a country with full bonuses, each work click produces 20 weapons. The gap of production value will grow every day between large and small bonus nations.

#5 Acturon

Acturon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

Well, I can sympathize with the issues that could raise from that, but it's generally normal for a smaller area to have less resources - and therefore less production - of most materials.

And I mean this in the real-world sense.  But, it would be interesting if they could take real-world samples and not just make it a "You have this resource, so you get 20% extra production."  But, instead make it a bit more realistic (if it's not already, haven't looked at it, but..)... for example, Middle-East areas having, in real-life, an abundance of oil in general, so maybe they could get a 30-40% extra production for weapons.

I'd still say cap it off as a 100% bonus to the nation, so you don't have people going really crazy with it, but perhaps making it a bit easier in some regards?

Of course, there would still be areas that will just generally suffer from a lack of resources, but perhaps there also needs to be some kind of trading available, between nations?

#6 Don Croata

Don Croata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

Supported. 

#7 Dead Girls Cant Say No

Dead Girls Cant Say No

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts