#1 casadeli

casadeli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

Hello, fellow eRepublik players!

As eRepublik quickly is approaching 100 000 player mark, since a country of 600-700 hundred players quit playing each day, there hasn`t been any changes, that would be worth mentioning. There isn`t a module that is working properly, headless chickens are occuring once every 5 clicks, new players are quitting as fast as they registered, and the New World is pretty much dying.

There are many reason for this, but the main reason is the admins inability to do a proper communication between staff and the players – nothing is discused between players and admins, and I don`t recall any players sugestion being implemented. Heck, even goverments are starting to have this „it was nice to meet you” attitude, since it is clear that this game is going nowhere. To be honest, it is a shame, that the players(CUSTOMERS) have to even bother thinking about what would be good to implement, yet alone, groups of players thinking what should the OWNERS OF THE BUSSINESS do to keep this frustrating, yet, somehow entaraining game alive.

becaus

As a newer player(less than 10 months here), who started this game with a laughable strength, it was very tough to find something which could keep me here, since I`ve always gotten the dark side of the military module. For me it was political module, but this is a „military based strategy game”, so players are trying to help their countries and their allies.

The strength system currently is laughable. How can you expect a new player to really entertain an idea of playing this game, since it will require him to buy 100 EUR gold pack during promo in order to upgrade his TGs to max and sign a TC + be inactive for like 6 months while gathering strength. As a matter of fact, after a while eRepublik Labs will see a decrease in gold buying just because it will be much profitable to earn TP medals, than actually buy gold. What would I suggest? There are many options.

a) fixed DIV4 strength, so that the playing field is more balanced. Lets be honest – DIV4 BHs aren`t earned with strength, they are earned with Ebs, so that would not change anything for your TOP customers, but it could bring some more gold buyers who could see some reason to try to get BHs or help their countries. If a TOP tank will want to get BH, he will get it, but the newer player without much strength will be able to do some damage on the battlefield. Getting to DIV4 requires 1-2 years, so it is also a reasonable time. + REDUCE THE TG PRICES! They are laughably high for a new player

b  )  Romy.TR wrote an excellend article about strength based divisions. Read it here

c) keep the current system. See the decline in sales, because it will be more profitable to earn TP medals from food fights than actually buy gold, mess up the CO system, and keep the new players away from this game.

And now the infamous economy module... In real life, economy sort of works because of increasing demand and inflation, and if the things happen in the exact oposite, then you get eRepublik. One of the main reasons the economy is stuck, is because almost everyone produces either WRM or Q7 weapons, and with the deacrease in population(read, demand), there comes a crisys. What could change this? First of all, offer different markets where to sell stuff. Add option for countries to buy WRM/HRM to produce defence systems(shields), and FRM/HRM for energy centers, plus, add an option to sell stuff to Plato(which could be later added as prize in tournaments as a country sheld or something). Reduce bonuses from regions by 50%(read, 10% for region with route to the capital city, and 5% without it). Add „research”! Players could work towards reaserch for a specfic bonus, that country doesn`t have. Of course, this should be proportional with player ammount. Allow to create companies sort of like MUs! Companies could also research stuff to improve the productivity!

Political module also needs some changes. Party system is not repairable, it is done. What you could do, is at least make Minister vacancy more valuable. Give MoDs ability to start battles, propose NEs and set CoDs, allowe MoFAs to start MPP votes, give Governors access to A FULL tax sheet(which taxes brings which ammount of cc, etc.), since the PM is the CPs best friends, give him the same options as CP. I would also suggest to either remove the funny 30 PM reicepient limit for CPs or create congress chatroom.

And now the media module... well, it is sort of player initiative thing. You have all the access to the data, why not make it available to the public? Who earned the most BHs? Who did the most damage? Create some sort of eRep record book!

Of course it would also be nice if you would remove the agonizing „Build your bazooka” pop-up and „Grand jackpot has been won” bs, because it just worsens the gameplay.

The bottom line is that this game still has potential, and if you – admins- play your cards right, it coulf flourish. Make this a more of community based game, instead of current „I need this medal” type of game. Be more active, and have a better communication with players – we are not monsters. Most players stay here because they like this game, and even with major changes they will still play this game. As a matter of fact, players are waiting for major changes, that would even the playing-field.

To be honest, I don`t know why I care about this game so much, that I`m ready to write 1000 word article on Saturday evening after a few beers, but the communities are dying, players are leaving, and it can only be changed with major changes in the game mechanics.

Thank you if you actually read all of this bs!

Thank you for your attention!

Best regards,

casadeli! 

Edited by casadeli, 07 September 2014 - 09:30 AM.

• BOUD1CCA and Backo BG like this

#2 kuthesh

kuthesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

v

#3 Garmr

Garmr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

Bring back the V1 strength system where training had diminishing returns. The strongest stay the strongest, but newer people have much more reason to actually train and stay in the game.

• BOUD1CCA likes this

#4 draivis

draivis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

voted o/

#5 Slinkais latvietis

Slinkais latvietis

• Members
  • Pip