70 replies to this topic

#41 Marcel the Great

Marcel the Great

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

COMBAT STASH: For the next 30 days you get 10% gold for every achievement you get.

Well... how do you plan to handle the Combat Stash with the update?

If you don't give a bonus on FF/TP/Merc - Medals anymore, you make the C-Stash less useful and

bought less often. However, you could change it to:

For the next 30 days you get 10% more gold on every achievement and 10% more Currency for every TP/FF/Merc-Achievement you get.

Quite long, but makes cents, I would say.

Edited by Marcel the Great, 09 December 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#42 osobatallador

osobatallador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

I think that You admins should give choise between 1000cc or 5 golds

#43 Alex.L

Alex.L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

"Based on our studies, these medals didn’t reach their initial goal: to help the progress of the new players."

>implying there are new players (players who have never ever played this game before)

Obviously, with this change you only encourage (or at least try hard) players to buy even more gold. But, they will not buy it unless they feel it's worth it. eRep is pretty expensive game when it comes to what-you-give/what-you-get ratio.

While I agree with Gnilraps's comment you true intention here is to lower the amount of gold that comes into the game without actually buying it.

Which is fine, everyone here, I guess, agrees you need to earn money because this is business after all but... if you push it too hard you may find yourself without players at all pretty much soon. And then you will earn one big nothing.

• trimafadzi likes this

#44 4RN0

4RN0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

I think that You admins should give choise between 1000cc or 5 golds

after jan 1000cc wont be worth 5g. it'll be like 1-2g only.

• Teddy beer eBe likes this

#45 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

In my opinion the economy is already in a bad position. It is quite bad for the citizens but also for you because citizens do not buy so much gold.

For the gold issue, on one hand this is your problem in the sense that you as a company have a business model which includes buying gold. So you might have to update it ot change something to increase the inflow of money. On the other hand, it is a problem of the citizens, some citizens have already too much gold gathered and you as eRep do not do something that this gold is spent. (Tournaments fail, offers are not quite good etc).

As far as the economy is concerned. Well, there is no gold rule on how to make the economy work. However, since we there are limited (finite is the right word) things that you can do via the economic module, the new economic policies are restricted within these limits. 

For me it is not enough to say, we noticed poor performance of the economy and we will do this and that. This is not  justification and for me it sound more like "the economy is not good, we are also not making money because no gold is spent/bought. So we will give a "shock" in the economy, plus eventually we will make more money from gold are it will become more "rare"). 

Therefore, you need to say WHY and HOW you think that your change will improve the economy. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the new policy. And then reach a conclusion.

As you have already noticed, most of the people are noticing the disadvantages so can you please provide a decent answer.  

In general the game need update to increase the inflow of new players and make it interesting for the old ones.

And an additional note for the citizens, the problem is not how much (in absolute values) it is going to cost. All these ratios change, so it is better to see the relative values and their relation with other costs (training / upgrades etc). Moreover, even if the value of the medal drops if there is a good enough answer that will benefit the whole economy then it might be a sacrifice that needs to be done. However, as you can see this is not the case right now, because eRep just announced a really lame measure without any proper justification. 

Edited by mentoris, 09 December 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#46 Kanselier

Kanselier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

you guys just eliminated the last way for a whole bunch of players to be economically break even or have a very tiny profit ...

game over!

• Don VInc likes this

BECOME A BELGIAN CITIZEN!

http://www.erepublik...society/Belgium

#47 tomekfaszcz

tomekfaszcz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yet another very bad change, nihil novi

Edited by tomekfaszcz, 09 December 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#48 The.Destroyer

The.Destroyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

at least if u make this change alow us to buy more than 10 GOLD / day ... what we will do with all cc. if u have this stupid limit 10 gold / day :))) ????? :o

#49 The Macedonian warior

The Macedonian warior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well it is a good Start in order to make the Economy better but that will not solve the problem cause when gold reaches above 200cc/per gold this medals will not have Value so noone will try to win them and again you are to square 1.

In order to bring Back the Economy you need to put a chunch of Cash in Erep and there is a Way that to be Done that is by Implementing New Achivements(In the Real Sense of the Word) you can change the present Achivements into Medals(It will suite them Better).So those New Achivements should be Minor Stuff like (You have become a Party President you have 1 New Achivement,Congratulations you have become a Captain of Regiment **,You have been Assigned as Secretary General/Vice President and so on use your Imagination. )You can make this Achivements to give CC not a Big Amount but 300 CC 200 CC 100 CC and so on.

By doing this Erepublik will have a System Like every Country in the World that is generally known by a lot of people.This System of theirs makes a Balance in the Economy if there is to much Cash they buy the Difference and if there is to Low they Sell what they have or how much is needed in order to Make a normal Economy.This is Called Inflation.

#50 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:57 AM

Despite what everyone says this is a good improvement, it won't fix the economy but it helps a little bit to restore the balance. read my article http://www.erepublik...ge-2476108/1/20

#51 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for warning us, but, really... you need to fix the game so it is attractive to new players, and this change seems to make it worse for new players, not better.

Soon we will be reduced to a handful of players and then what?

Please, try to find a way to let new players actually play the game. eRep is kind of nuts in this dept, it might be the only game in the world where gaining XP is bad for the player, at least if he is in D1, D2 or D3.

• Dante Ross likes this

#52 AnotherChance

AnotherChance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

I have one simple question: If You really want to help newbies - "Based on our studies, these medals didn’t reach their initial goal: to help the progress of the new players." , why don't you do upgrade training grounds for currency too? If you haven't answer, we have reason to think that all of this changes is just for beneficiation.

#53 mentoris

mentoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Well this time my answer will be more focused. (And I will not talk about any other issue but solely on the 2 main ones mentioned by eRep. 

So, they made studies (!?) and these medals did not reach their goal to help the progress of new player. Moreover, this medals causes some issues in the economy.  

So you solution is to change the gold for currency. I guess that this change will fix some issue in the economy. Less gold is goind to be stored, prices will changed etc. (there are articles that analyze this issue). So again, lets say that we agree with that. HOWEVER, your MAIN goal was to assist the new players. 

You propose a solution that provides a "fix" to the results of an unsuccessful policy to help the new players. But your initial goal was to help new players. Can you please tell us HOW this players are helped now? In my opinion this change actually makes it WORSE for new players. Less motivation, Less gold, Everything is still counted with gold (upgrades, extra training) plus the value of gold will rise.

So my question is HOW are you going to assist new players. (And you know that you need to do something because the inflow of new players is decreasing, will the outflow of people leaving is increaing).

Morever, you know that a new player inorder to be able to properly play the game (and have some good chances) he/she should enter in a "two-click" mode for a year or so. (To increase strength, upgrade training ground etc). The only alternatives are, fighting (and ending up with high level and no strength), politics (well if someone is REALLY new this is difficult) and articles (well to be honest we have seen a positive changes in this with the endorsements, but stil articles are not the strong aspect of the game). 

Can you please take this issue seriously, and actually say what are yoy going to do with new players. YOU said that it is your initial goal. Did this goal change? If yes, say why. If now, say what are you going to do about it. Moreover, please respect the people that spend hours on this game (and some of them also money) and provide answers and justifications. If you do not want to do it here make an article or something. A couple of sentences (that make sense) will be enough to just show some "respect" and appriciation to the users/customers. 

• trimafadzi and Twoo like this

#54 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

It is more like one year and a half to two years in two clicks mode for the new players, and that if he does upgrade his training centers fast, and then he has to spend the rest of his e-life controlling how much he plays to avoid screwing his account.

It is no wonder that the game is dying.

#55 chriswen

chriswen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

I think these changes aren't that bad.  Does anyone know how much gold will be lost from this change?

We've been seeing countries printing a lot of gold. This basically acts as a lower floor on the gold price.  After this change countries will just print less gold.  It shouldn't have that much of an effect.

Also regarding the housing industry, I'm not sure how many people use houses but they have an interesting design that they let you work more each day.  Another thing that was introduced was not to have WAM for the housing industry.  And there must be some sort of demand for HRM because that has been selling quite well.  And the HRM demand has a significant impact on the job industry.  It's driving the job market.  And this has a positive effect on new comers who rely on daily wages, and also the government who gets a work tax.

#56 pacifyer

pacifyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Admins:

Can you show the "studies", or is it just another of your lies?

Don´t you see these your actions and foolish changes just make players to run away from the game instead of attracting new ones?

Are you shooting your own foot, just once again?

Please, think, guys... you killed most communities in the game.

Or just say the truth:

"player, if you are not a visa or mini-visa, GTFO of my game" 

#57 Havol

Havol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

You guys just eliminated the last way for a whole bunch of players to be economically break even or have a very tiny profit ...

You actually GAVE something with those medals in order to lure players to want more. When you give something you can expect something in return... That is good tactics. We put our finger in the honey jar with little gold and perhaps we would buy more. Now, you 're taking it all back. 

It is no wonder that the game is dying. 

#58 iPSiArt

iPSiArt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Bad update. A few reasons:

1. gold will cost again > 200 cc And how much? So  it means that if i'll get 1000 cc instead of 5 gold, and gold in MM will cost 250 cc/1 g., i will get only 4.

2. During tournaments or actions, players hits a billions of damage. Imagine, you will issue new tournaments with good prizes. I will put on 100 perc. booster and will go fight for my country. I will hit 3 billions damage a day and will get 30 TP medals  - it means that i should get 150 gold. From now i will get 30.000 cc.

Before - i can change this gold to EB and proceed fighting.

What will happen now? I should change cc to gold because i need gold  to buy EB.

So it means: 

a) Players has 10 g. limit a day, so in spite of fact that they will earn a lot of cc they can change only a small amount of cc

b ) it means, that they will fight less, because they will be able  change less gold amonts to EB;

c) if they fight less, they use less tanks, food etc. it will reduce influence of actions and tournaments to economical module;

d) during actions and tournaments demand of gold will increase, and gold prices will go higher dramatically.

Summary - this is totally nonsense what you have done. I understand that you are going to totally commercial way - players should buy more and more and more gold that brings for you new incomes.

But you don't understand, that the most important motivating thiong here - community. Some peiople with less incoms or teenagers, school students who have no credit card will drop this game. After that, other people who has credit cards also will drop this game. Because game will became BORING. 

If you did not lose your brains understand please, that game can be interesting if there is a diversity of people in the community. Diversity - by age, sex, status, position in RL society, etc.

Edited by iPSiArt, 12 December 2014 - 12:01 PM.

• MaZzA likes this

#59 joy luck club

joy luck club

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Good game all. After this change I'm done.

See you in another one. 

#60 pierrotmon

pierrotmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

Ok, I won't analyze your ,,studies''. I'll just say this: no profitable FF, TP and merc medals, no me buying power pack anymore. Why? Because I won't fight except in very important battles - I would rather sell food and weapons I produce than spend it myself (if I can't EARN something by fighting). Rank points are NOT motivation for hitting all day long (once when you reach titan rank). So, think again about this change. You think it will force us to buy more gold but it will do exactly the opposite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users