• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Proposed criteria for moving up the divisions:

Division 2: Level 35 or 50,000 strength, whichever is reached earlier
Division 3: Level 50 or 100,000 strength, whichever is reached earlier
Division 4: Level 70 or 150,000 strength, whichever is reached earlier

Please use this kind of LOGICAL criteria (tweak the numbers according to some statistical analysis) for deciding divisions.

I'm working on mentorship & retention program for my country and the #1 reasons which newbs give for leaving this game is it's hopelessness. 100k+ strength guys piling up with time in the same group as 1k strength people - that's not only ridiculous but it's an abomination!

Do something.

Edited by machaxxx, 05 October 2015 - 07:10 PM.

• Zordacz, Citizen 2806484, Gixeska and 1 other like this

#2 Ekfant

Ekfant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

agree with that, good idea :)

#3 Ekfant

Ekfant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

it is also problem with one pack, if you buy it, you will not recive any XP and people who put money in game and want to stay in lower divisions is great this for them and not so great for new playerrs or that ones who does not put money in it.

#4 Bholenath

Bholenath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

People will still buy a lot of packs if the above criteria is followed - although lesser than they do now - but if the game is to be sustainaible in the long term, the current divisions system has to be altered in order to cure this disease which is rapidly gnawing this game.

And the eRepublik team's reluctance to change the current divisions system is the single largest reason which makes me doubt if they are going to continue this game for long.

#5 Thelnegaardx

Thelnegaardx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

They will not change it because they are getting a lot of money with the infantry pack

Adding National Orders with rewards to the game!

http://bit.ly/national-orders
Write your opinion on the post and vote in the poll!

#6 Zordacz

Zordacz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

They first create problems and then sell solutions for real money:

1. CAPTCHA against hackers - gain any loyalty level and it's gone, i.e. you can hack as much as you want.

2. Permabans for multies - buy gold and the most you can get is a tempban.

3. 10g/day limit - buy the Tycoon Pack and the limit is raised to 50g/day.

4. Experience based divisions - buy the Infantry Pack and you don't have to worry about XP anymore.

Free ideas for eRep Labs:

5. New people with 100 strength competing with 100k strength ones in D1 - buy the Schwarznigga Pack and gain 100k strength instantly.

6. CSRF attack detected - buy the CSRF Pack and the problem's solved.

• Prabal likes this

#7 Bholenath

Bholenath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:10 PM

Increase the strength threshold (keeping the xp threshold same) for encouraging IK packs but AT LEAST put up a strength threshold. If the current  system prevails, we'll be having 150k strength players in 1.5 years in D1. And introducing stength limits will also solve the problem of Small Bombs and even Big Bombs becoming irrelavant with time.

Completely agree with Zordacz.  If the current divisions policy continues, we shouldn't be surprised if the game shuts down within 2 years.

#8 Bholenath

Bholenath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

And I don't think 'Schwarznigga Pack' would be very feasible since then the higher strength guys will be offended :P

A balance has to be struck between high strength players and low strength players - which was the purpose behind introducing divisions in the first place.

I am saying all of this assuming that the eRepublik Team still cares about enhancing the experience of this game. They can, of course, be concerned only with making as much money as possible while the game lasts or perhaps, as you said, they will continue the cycle of first introducing a problem and then providing a solution for real money - they'll come up with some other pack which redresses the problem of newbs for 14.9 EUR - but this will also, sooner than later, ultimately lead to the demise of this game. The only long-term solution is to keep everyone happy.

Edited by machaxxx, 06 October 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#9 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

I just would change the "or" by "and"

But better to rank divisions by strenght only I think.

Edited by Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov, 06 October 2015 - 09:20 PM.

3028465-1.png

#10 Sher Singh

Sher Singh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

Divide divisions based on rank

Its more logical if real life,since person with most war experience is at higher post .  The more a person fights,more experience he is,means he must move to higher division.

Improve rank points accordingly  .  Make divisions more relevant ,like d1 can use only some smaller grade weapon like standard rile but division 4 can advanced weapons like a plasma tank. That's how you'll make war more intimating to real world.

Revise the damage of bazookas,bombs and rockets. Match them to average strength of all players in eWorld,thus making them more meaningful . While a lower strength person can highly benefit from them ,an averaged strength player can use them for critical battles, AND the high strength player couldn't ignore them completely since they still help them with much damage without much energy  .

• Gixeska likes this

#11 PNGS

PNGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

I have proposed it (https://forum.erepub...ject-erepublik/) a long time ago... nobody answer me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users