22 replies to this topic

#1 Lorcema

Lorcema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi all

I want to start this topic to talk about the eUruguayan situation. I'm not eUruguayan, but I know they are trying to change this since a lot of time ago.

I am currently preparing a global campaign to solve a small injustice that must be changed within the game.

Worldwide there are only two countries that have a single core region. Those are Singapore and Uruguay. Why? I don’t know.

I don’t speak on behalf of Singaporeans, but if I know the Uruguayans. And they are great people and their needs must be met.

So in order to transmit the idea, there are 444 active Uruguayans citizens, of which 141 generate the most damage. You might say, "Well, not so many."

Core regions per country: http://cor.to/UYregions

Damage per country: http://cor.to/UYdamage

However, eUruguay exceeds in number of active soldiers to over 20 countries among which some have up to 6 core regions, like eEgypt, and eDenmark with 5 and 4 times smaller surface, and even we can talk of eSaudi Arabia, with 13 regions and only 170 people of which only 33 are fighting in their wars.

So, Uruguay deserve it, is clear. All eRepublik citizens deserve a fair game. Maybe this does not solve major problems, but at least it's a first kick to show that we have voice and vote.

So my proposal is the 4th eRepublik Law: “No country can have less than 2 core regions” and “UY+1” is the code ;)

Lorcema

So, what do you think? Would you sign a petition?

• Rusto, New Faustian Man and Martin M de Guemes like this

My signature is my newspaper: http://www.erepublik...a-idea-271465/1

#2 Bord0 de Clora

Bord0 de Clora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

Bord0 signs with :rotofury:

:cafe:

#3 Eliseo Auditore

Eliseo Auditore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCastelar

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

no se lo merecen!

To break the rules, you must first master them.
Sos nuevito y necesitas ayuda? mandame MP con tus dudas. Si venis a manguear, cagaste, soy mas pobre q vos!

I fight for the Lulz and justice

#4 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Well, USA gotta 40 regions, Poland 6, Serbia 8(?). The game in this case is really unfair, even if in rl Poland we gotta 16 regions, in game still 6. But eRepublik laws are for citizens, not for admins. You can ask them to add regions to eUruguay, but making that law would mean that citizens can't add countries with less than 2 regions :P

#5 Excelsior.HMA

Excelsior.HMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Use the visa or gtfo

#6 agent of chaos

agent of chaos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSeanland Strong!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

signed

♫ Primero hay que saber sufrir, después amar, después partir y al fin andar sin  pensamiento...  ♪ 

#7 Lorcema

Lorcema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yes, i know that this law is not possible, but it is a way of saying why only 2 countries have only 1 region each. I mean, both countries are really easy to leave without congress, for example. And that must be solved, dont you think?

And im sure that some eUruguayans use the credit card to play this game.

My signature is my newspaper: http://www.erepublik...a-idea-271465/1

#8 New Faustian Man

New Faustian Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Agreed, it sucks that eUruguay have only a single region. There should be equal number of regions per country across the board, it makes zero sense that the eUS should have any advantage in this regard. I don't know what admins were thinking when they designed it that way. All countries should have 12 regions or something and an equal number of differing resources.

#9 Juani cHarlone

Juani cHarlone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

D177B47EE.jpg

#10 Tim_Holtz

Tim_Holtz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

Agreed, it sucks that eUruguay have only a single region. There should be equal number of regions per country across the board, it makes zero sense that the eUS should have any advantage in this regard. I don't know what admins were thinking when they designed it that way. All countries should have 12 regions or something and an equal number of differing resources.

actually it makes alot of sense, RL size is a reason why those countries are successful IRL

however USA has more regions than other countries near to their size which is bad. Russia, Australia, Brazil, all are disadvantaged by this rule as their countries are very large IRL and not ingame

#11 New Faustian Man

New Faustian Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

'RL size is a reason why those countries are successful IRL'  

By 'those countries' you mean...? I was talking about one country: the eUS, and how it makes zero sense that the eUS should have a disproportionate amount of regions relative to everyone else in the game, inc. nations like China/India which, incidentally, have 3 or 4 times their population in RL.

Also, there's no way the large RL populations of countries like India, China, USA are why these countries are "successful in real life". It depends what you mean by successful I suppose, but a huge percentage of the citizens of the most populous countries in the world live below the poverty line. How does that spell success? 

"Russia, Australia, Brazil, all are disadvantaged by this rule as their countries are very large IRL and not ingame"

EVERYONE is disadvantaged by this rule. It should have nothing to do with RL population size, as when has RL population ever really impacted on how strong/powerful a country is ingame? Never that I can recall. And how is Australia "disadvantaged" by having a small number of regions? You think that's what keeps RL Aussies away from the game, knowing that eOZ has only a handful of reasons? Lol.

Everyone should start on level pegging, whether it's China or Uruguay.

*EDIT

Right, I just realise you probably mean physical size and not population size. Tbh though I still don't see the justification that countries physically larger should be divided up into more regions than RL smaller countries. Why exactly?

And regarding RL physical size is why some countries are successful: Canada has the second largest landmass in the world and that hasn't made them into an economic superpower, Russia may be the largest country in the world but when you look at the population distribution plus the centres of industry, you'd have to question whether its the sheer size that's a contributing factor to the success of their economy or not. same with Australia and Brazil. Whereas Germany, UK, France etc. are relatively small countries yet have had some of the most successful economies in the world for the past 20-30 years, so meh.

Edited by New Faustian Man, 13 August 2013 - 03:13 AM.

• Rusto likes this

#12 Camarada Ernesto

Camarada Ernesto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Vomited and singed!

#13 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

agreed .. a country as big as Uruguay should have more than one original region , I understand if Singapore has only one region but Uruguay?!! look at UAE, Holland, Belgium etc 

#14 ardishabutaro

ardishabutaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSurabaya, Indonesia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

it is so funny when know USA have 51 region (just like they RL country), but Russia?

China have 29, but Indonesia?

if they want a fair one, let say let that condition be the same as RL. USA have 51, Russia have 83.

if Singapore want to protest why they only have 1 region, just tell them back: it is your business with your RL government :D :D :D

or other options:

- all country have same number of original region. if you say 8, all country will have 8 original region (fair one, but not RL element inside)

- divide the region by mile2/km2 the country RL (this is just like RL one, but fairly because you divide it with their original RL teritory), like USA have 51, Canada only have 13 (but Canada is bigger than USA)

just my 2 cents

• Rusto likes this

Freedom of speech means you are free to state your opinion. It doesn't mean that you are free to hurt others feeling. Some things are better left unsaid.

#15 Lalo292

Lalo292

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

Like México, with only 8 cores and in RL we have 32 states, it's unfair that countries like USA, China and France have so many regions (25-50) and countries like eUruguay only one.
MAKE THE GAME FAIR FOR EVERYONE!

#16 PyrrusOfEpirus

PyrrusOfEpirus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPodgorica

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, it is totally unfair that Uruguay has only 1 core region.. Look how many regions UAE has ?! 

Admins made unfair distribution of territories for many of countries.. 

um5y.png

#17 EBM

EBM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCiudad de los Reyes

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

That is unfair.

And admins should create Ecuador too.

Recuerda: La Cupula Nunca Muere
About me: Antiterrorista Exterminador de truchos y truchas / Tramero retirado

#18 cochoperez

cochoperez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

totally agree, +1 region to uruguay

#19 Jazzine

Jazzine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Agree no nation should only have 1 original region. Put a poll up on this.

#20 Rona1d

Rona1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationTegucigalpa, Honduras

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Uruguay should have 4 regions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users